Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:06:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit rewards for Signature Campaigns!  (Read 1921 times)
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:26:05 PM

I personally think that this should be allowed, so long as its not abused. However, it leads to a paradox, whereby people who deserve merit would probably be receiving it already, and have high enough post quality to be eligible for the campaign. Whereas those with poor post quality, probably wouldn't get chosen by the campaign as nobody wants to be advertised by a shit poster. Hence they won't actually earn merit that helps them rank up.

I think it could be a useful additional reward, particularly for the top posters of the campaign. But certainly not as the sole reward for the campaign, as that is analogous to trading merit to some degree.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
samputin

Activity: 1036
Merit: 294

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:28:15 PM

What a great proposal! I agree yo you, campaign managers are qualified to give smerits since they are the one who check the quality of posts of their participants and besides, they already have a basis for accusing what is a trash account or not by looking into their SMAS blacklist, therefore, identifying shitty posters out there are easier. If ever this proposal be implemented, I suggest that every rank could be able to receive an amount of merits within a certain limit, it will not work as an extra reward since participants still need to prove to the campaign manager that they deserve the merit points.

I'm just worrying about something, I know that several of well known campaign managers here already have some couple of merits but I wonder if their smerits are enough to allcocate for their participants. That would be a problem because if the campaign manager only pick someone for his smerits, others might get jelous knowing the fact that they also made quality posts but received nothing in return.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
khai29

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 02:22:45 PM

I was wondering about the new system that has been implemented. We all know that it can be challenging to earn even a single merit, I mean not all the members of this forum are that familiar to what really is going on, especially to the new members.

So I will get to the point, so how about this, let's say we joined a Signature Campaign it lasts for four weeks. And every week you will be required a number of post, let's say 25 posts. So you've already met that requirement and has been confirmed by the Manager. We also know that the Manager reviews your posts if those are constructive, here's the thing why not reward Merits to those participants that have quality posts, by the Manager.

Then its not going be hard as before for the participants to earn Merits and eventually rank up.

Does this idea makes any sense? Let me know guys what are your opinion about this.

EDIT:
I have noticed that few people are saying that the CMs don't have enough sMerits or Merits to provide for all the participants but as the suggestion of:
In my suggestion, the managers can just pick one suitable member to be given a Merit. Giving all of them are really a huge problem since there are a lot of members in a Signature Campaign.

OR,
As many as the CMs wants.

I agree in your idea,because as of now many members stuck in their rank because of merits, it hard to get even a single merits from the other,because many members they try to make their good and helpul post for the reason they got merited by the other,we all know merits is very important to us to rank up but sad to say no one notice to their post for the reason there is so many post in the forum, that's why if the CM think that idea and they include that merits in the signature campaign as bonus or other campaign its very helpful to all members to rank up including my self.
NoNetwork (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 292

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:54:41 PM

I agree in your idea,because as of now many members stuck in their rank because of merits, it hard to get even a single merits from the other,because many members they try to make their good and helpul post for the reason they got merited by the other,we all know merits is very important to us to rank up but sad to say no one notice to their post for the reason there is so many post in the forum, that's why if the CM think that idea and they include that merits in the signature campaign as bonus or other campaign its very helpful to all members to rank up including my self.

If those members remains in their current its because, they're not making posts that other people find very helpful or informative. Therefore, even if you construct a great post you still need some a little bit of skill in making posts. May that be proper grammar, some images, infographs, etc.

Merit is important in way not only for you to rank up, but also because by earning merit it reflects that you're good at what you're doing; you're being helpful and informative.

If you really wanted to rank up, don't just rely on other people giving away Merit, you really need to step up your game.
judemarco1996

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:53:36 PM

I was wondering about the new system that has been implemented. We all know that it can be challenging to earn even a single merit, I mean not all the members of this forum are that familiar to what really is going on, especially to the new members.

So I will get to the point, so how about this, let's say we joined a Signature Campaign it lasts for four weeks. And every week you will be required a number of post, let's say 25 posts. So you've already met that requirement and has been confirmed by the Manager. We also know that the Manager reviews your posts if those are constructive, here's the thing why not reward Merits to those participants that have quality posts, by the Manager.

Then its not going be hard as before for the participants to earn Merits and eventually rank up.

Does this idea makes any sense? Let me know guys what are your opinion about this.

EDIT:
I have noticed that few people are saying that the CMs don't have enough sMerits or Merits to provide for all the participants but as the suggestion of:
In my suggestion, the managers can just pick one suitable member to be given a Merit. Giving all of them are really a huge problem since there are a lot of members in a Signature Campaign.

OR,
As many as the CMs wants.
Actually that is a good opinion. Where higher rank will give you merits for the signature campaign and those higher rank that will give merits are will recieve tokens in the signature campaign
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 01:00:35 PM

As sig campaigns seem to be the magnet that pulls all the rubbish posters to the forum, and that many people think that sig campaigns should be banned, or at least subject to strict vetting, I think that all campaign managers should have their ability to award merit or sMerit blocked. There is too much of a conflict of interest, and too much obvious abuse associated with these campaigns.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: