Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:26:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: With Hackers everywhere, How safe is Cryptocurrency?  (Read 4472 times)
SaraClarke1212

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:22:31 AM

If you do not maintain the database maintenance time on your computer, you will be hijacked by hackers. You or your business should install antivirus software to protect your computer better. These hackers can infiltrate your network in many ways, and they can be transmitted over the internet or create virus software in the download link that you download. You should use caution when using any software and protect your wallet.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pickledmuffin

Activity: 89

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:25:01 AM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?

Get a hardware wallet and have strong passwords, and do not store any passwords that can be accessed online. It takes longer, but it is totally worth it.
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:27:18 AM

Actually, cryptocurrency itself is quite safe as long as you stored it in your own wallet without having any virus or someone knowing it besides yourself. Those news that cryptocurrency getting is actually exchanges or online wallet that hackers bypass most users account and just take it all away. The thing here is that it's human error that let hackers get in but the actually storage itself is safe as long as you just let it be with a strong password. To avoid getting hacked, never use any exchange as a wallet.
TheWolf666

Activity: 615
Merit: 154

CEO of Metaisland.gg and W.O.K Corp

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 11:37:14 AM

Actually, cryptocurrency itself is quite safe as long as you stored it in your own wallet without having any virus or someone knowing it besides yourself. Those news that cryptocurrency getting is actually exchanges or online wallet that hackers bypass most users account and just take it all away. The thing here is that it's human error that let hackers get in but the actually storage itself is safe as long as you just let it be with a strong password. To avoid getting hacked, never use any exchange as a wallet.

I agree but I have been hacked. It took me only to click on a wrong file and while I was cleaning the computer from the viruses, a hacker took remotely control of the computer and managed to steal my Bitcoins and ETH... it took less than 1 hour to do it, without knowing the passwords.
So now, I do not keep anything on my main computer connected to internet. Lesson learned.

Kang Bahar

Activity: 504
Merit: 115

Silent Reader~

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 11:37:14 AM

I'm sure, Bitcoin and Altcoins are safe, I don't think anyone can hack the cryptocurrency technology system and so far, there have been no cases of cryptocurrency being hacked. Those who are vulnerable to hacking is an exchange and our wallet. Actually, it's not difficult to avoid this, the way is how you are responsible for maintaining your virtual assets and the wallet. You are in control of the security of the assets that you have.
HODL_guy

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:12:27 PM

Actually I still believe that crypto is way-way more safer than fiat money and cash for various reasons. Hackers are a threat, yes, but they can attack you in cases with fiat money as well.

dektox

Activity: 114
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:46:14 PM

What I saw, they are not as safe as they should be in order to be adopted by the Majority of users. It is a real ass pain to use them from the ordinary user perspective. I think we will see crypto intermediaries developing. People need transactions that is possible to cancel, their keys restored, accounts blocked.
Tiger Junk

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:30:20 PM

Actually I still believe that crypto is way-way more safer than fiat money and cash for various reasons. Hackers are a threat, yes, but they can attack you in cases with fiat money as well.
I agree that now there are so many hackers but i am confident that all the cryptocurrency will till be very safe if we will used a trusted wallet like blockchain, we all know that the hackers is in everywhere now so we should always make sure that keep our private key so oyr money will always be safe.
Wallflower28

Merit: 11

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:52:40 PM

I don't think that cryptocurrency is still safe nowadays. Even the hardest algorithm destroyed by the hackers. Even before, hackers can easily attack our wallet and even exchanges, they target. As of now, you are lucky if you did not steal of any amount but it usual to be stealed because internet is full of fraud and hack.

heartwreck

Activity: 162

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:20:53 AM

Hackers will do anything for any cost. Just save your private keys just with yourself will keep you safe atlis 50%. hehe
naily

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:19:33 AM

of all the information and suggestions from some friends all recommend to be careful in using your private key, as long as we still use the 2fa code your assets can be guaranteed safe, as long as it's not the exchange site that is hacked
LigwagGanern

Activity: 307

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:26:46 AM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?

There are many hackers in this generation, to make sure that your bitcoin is safe from hackers use a bitcoin wallet that have a high or strong security so that you are sure that you bitcoin is not easily hack by someone. There are many digital wallet but choose the legit and have high security wallet. Don't let anyone know the password of your bitcoin wallet, keep it.
Tervelatuk

Activity: 636
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:13:06 AM

There are many hackers in this generation, to make sure that your bitcoin is safe from hackers use a bitcoin wallet that have a high or strong security so that you are sure that you bitcoin is not easily hack by someone. There are many digital wallet but choose the legit and have high security wallet. Don't let anyone know the password of your bitcoin wallet, keep it.
hackers always have a way to break into our account or wallet. they will attack through our carelessness in securing your account and wallet. they can use a little gap to steal the balance in our account.
spongegar

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:19:15 AM

I think it is a cycle. Hackers beats the security systems then the security systems improve then hackers tries to beat the improved security system and so on. I think the best move here for us consumers is to take care of our access. We should always look out for phising websites and transactions over unsecured connections to eliminate human error in our part.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
RockBar0

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:01:26 AM

Most electronic money makers, and wallets store it. The security settings are quite good, but the stealing process is unavoidable. Because many people do not know how to protect the account and join the password is too easy. Can also reveal information on the network, click on the bad links will be lost. It is unavoidable that the perpetrators and criminals attack and take all their possessions.
Michaelpascual

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:37:05 AM

I think cryptocurrency is still safe. Hackers are so brilliant one mistake your earnings or money will all gone. How safe? It is safe for me it is depends on how you secure your account or wallet.
valentine401

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:54:16 AM

The best way for you to avoid being hacked is to pick a wallet that has a good reputation like myetherewallet or you can also use an exchanger to hold your coins.
Kita Kita

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:59:26 AM

Even there are so many hackers right now i am sure that cryptocurrency is still very safe and if we can able to keep our private key for sure no one hackers can hack our crypto. And i am buying crypto for almost one year and i feel very safe because crypto is really secured.

A re'volutionary decentralized digital economy 
Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
Jaydis

Activity: 81

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:17:22 AM

You can avoid being the target of being hacked if you stay Low and Humble. Don't share anything like your Private keys and Password, don't store your documents online because that's the only way hackers has a connection with you and most especially be mindful of everything.
TontomHit

Activity: 170

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:26:58 PM

We must be very careful, look after our private keys, and do other basic stuff to protect ourselfes, and than this market is not that dangerous IMO.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: