Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:10:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling 110 BTC  (Read 4601 times)
Giulio Prisco (OP)

Activity: 173
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 04:25:14 AM

As per OP's request:
I am buying 85 BTC for $1,200 and have already sent the money via PayPal to OP's requested address.

Thanks in advance!

I confirm having received the $1,200 via Paypal.

I just sent the 85 BTC to the address specified by zjbcoins (in a personal message to me).

zjbcoins, please confirm reception as soon as you see the 85 BTC in your wallet.

Note: we are exchanging public messages here on the Forum to build a record of this transaction to use in case of a dispute.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nemo

Activity: 500
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 05:13:20 AM

If there's any left I'm interested. Not sure if you got my PM.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 10:37:46 AM

As per OP's request:
I am buying 85 BTC for $1,200 and have already sent the money via PayPal to OP's requested address.

Thanks in advance!

I just sent the 85 BTC to the address specified by zjbcoins (in a personal message to me).

zjbcoins, please confirm reception as soon as you see the 85 BTC in your wallet.

Note: we are exchanging public messages here on the Forum to build a record of this transaction to use in case of a dispute.

They are now in my wallet, thank you for a easy transaction!

What's this smell?  Roll Eyes
mizike29

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 02:33:12 PM

I have 20 to sell if anyone is interested at 15 each.  PM for more info and payment methods.

Jen4538

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 10:47:34 PM

I have 35 bitcoins to sell if anyone is interested at 15 each , 

Jen
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 11:25:13 PM

As per OP's request:

Thanks in advance!

They are now in my wallet, thank you for a easy transaction!

What's this smell?  Roll Eyes

$1.2k is a small lesson, you could be losing hundreds of thousands later when purchasing a home, etc.

Some people never learn, or don't even know PP can be charged back months after the transaction no matter how many public forum posts you made or what comments you used in the PP message field

you just have to let them experience 'trial by error'

Or take in consideration the fact that nobody who joined the forum 5 days ago is going to trust a random person with $1200 dollars & it's a shill of the seller to create 'confidence' for future scams

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
Giulio Prisco (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 05:09:29 PM

YES, I just found out that the asshole has initiated a chargeback and deleted his post where he confirmed receiving the BTC.

Thanks to those who have quoted his reply where he confirmed receiving the Bitcoin. I am now going to take jpegs of all these messages and send them to Paypal.

Forum admins: is there a way to recover a post deleted by the user? I hope there is, let's teach this scammer a lesson.

G.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 05:29:16 PM

YES, I just found out that the asshole has initiated a chargeback and deleted his post where he confirmed receiving the BTC.

Thanks to those who have quoted his reply where he confirmed receiving the Bitcoin. I am now going to take jpegs of all these messages and send them to Paypal.

Forum admins: is there a way to recover a post deleted by the user? I hope there is, let's teach this scammer a lesson.

G.

You lost that money... Paypal doesn't accept that people use it to buy/sell bitcoin, so they will reverse the transaction, even if the dude hadn't deleted his post Roll Eyes
Giulio Prisco (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 05:42:06 PM

G.

You lost that money... Paypal doesn't accept that people use it to buy/sell bitcoin, so they will reverse the transaction, even if the dude hadn't deleted his post Roll Eyes

Probably. Let's see what happens. Of course I will never accept Paypal again. What are the best alternatives?

The scammer has changed his forum handle, now is zbcoins.
Giulio Prisco (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 05:52:19 PM

By the way psy, how did you find out? (ref your comment "what is this smell?")
Giulio Prisco (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 06:13:30 PM

The scammer has changed his forum handle, now is zbcoins.

And now he has changed it again, now it is smacted.

I talked to my lawyer who said that, even if Paypal reverses the charge, I can then sue this person for damages on the basis of the evidence I have.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 06:16:03 PM

Oh, just because my nose is very sensitive...

Paypal, a considerable ammount of money, new users(I mean both of you)

It could go both ways, you being scammed, or you trying to scam someone with the help of a fake account, but something definetely smelled Wink
Giulio Prisco (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 06:21:49 PM

Oh, just because my nose is very sensitive...

Paypal, a considerable ammount of money, new users(I mean both of you)

It could go both ways, you being scammed, or you trying to scam someone with the help of a fake account, but something definetely smelled Wink

Thanks. I mean, how did you find out that a "critical" post had been deleted? Here there is no "this post has been deleted by the originator" flag.
Giulio Prisco (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 05:44:02 PM

To those who are still sending me PMs asking if I have more Bitcoins to sell:

No, sorry, I have been scammed twice already. Pick somebody else. If ever I sell Bitcoins again, I will only sell for cash (not virtual cash, but solid dead tree cash), and I will only deliver the Bitcoins after receiving the cash and verifying its authenticity.

We should be pioneers exploring a new territory, trust each other and act honestly toward each other. Too bad it is not so.
zerokwel

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 09:45:23 AM

new user and paypal always ends bad. if your gonna sell via paypal only do it with trusted members
Yannick

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 04:27:53 PM

I feel sorry for you, Giulio Prisco. But you had been warned.

NEVER EVER use Paypal to trade.

Transactions are always reversed after a week or two. And sending screenshots or whatever doesn't help, Paypal just doesn't care.

Donald_Norman

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 10:00:32 PM

If you are looking to buy and sell bitcoins for free. We are currently running a free service. Only for SEPA transfers is there a cost. All our other platforms can be funded without fee charge or commission.

Britcoin.co.uk  for GBP in the UK
Intersango.com (EUR, 1.25e to receive, 2.4e to cash out)
Intersango.us (free bank to bank)
BitcoinPappi
Legendary

Activity: 915
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 11:41:18 PM

To those who are still sending me PMs asking if I have more Bitcoins to sell:

No, sorry, I have been scammed twice already. Pick somebody else. If ever I sell Bitcoins again, I will only sell for cash (not virtual cash, but solid dead tree cash), and I will only deliver the Bitcoins after receiving the cash and verifying its authenticity.

We should be pioneers exploring a new territory, trust each other and act honestly toward each other. Too bad it is not so.

Wow check my last post, I was on the other end of the scam though , but best believe I got scammed for 240 dollars , wanted to buy bitcoin. It would have been good if 2 honest lads like ourselves have meet before all this.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=33455.msg464139#msg464139
You have been scared now and so have I, but atleast now I know for sure you are not a scammer. You just cant take a man's word these days anymore

But the scammers will pay one way or the other, it will catch up with them.
BTCrow

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 03:15:46 PM

G.

Probably. Let's see what happens. Of course I will never accept Paypal again. What are the best alternatives?

Western Union or MoneyGram for the party who hold money, and escrow (I suggest *cough *cough BTCrow) for bitcoin holder.

This way both party could not be scammed.

redneck

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 09:03:58 PM

Well I started here and promptly got scammed myself. Got lucky and started thread and lots of others got scammed banded together and figured out who the perp was. His IP etc.. and suddenly...A guardian angel appears hmm dubious but whatever I got lucky and got my $200 back in Mt Gox USD.

Trully a blessing because now I wont trade anywhere else not an exchange. Yes, they have issues and get scammed this stuff begs and challenges punks to beat us out our money.  My trades there have been super smooth and completely satisfying so far . To those posted selling for $15USD per BTC  hahah dream on  look at the exchanges...I will get em for 10.8 all day and cheaper even on other days.

I did complete a nice trade on Bitcoin-OTC as well but is slim pickings there...As long as this stays on the fringe with so many scammers it will no be a full success. I thiink this forum needs a serious change up on how it conducts business.  But I do like getting information here just will never trade here.

Peace and Good Luck getting your money back... I think the old fashion way of tracking and face to face may be your only solution..

Hillbilly Justice

Red
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: