Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:33:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we identify pump and dump?  (Read 190 times)
Phillipneoh (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:33:53 PM

It is frustrating when I saw a strong momentum and bought a position only to see that it candle return to the original price where it belongs. Is there anyway we can know it is p&d group working and not organic push?
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 03:42:49 PM

This is very hard as altcoin markets are not only manipulated by pump and dump groups but also by whales and whale groups as well that together control the price. The only way you can see if a coin is taken over by a pump group s when you can see a coin without much news or latest events is randomly pumped with no specific reason except that it was chosen by a pump group on a particular day to be pumped.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3851

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:55:36 PM

You can't definitely be 100% sure if a coin is being pump and dumped, but to easily stay away from these, stay away from shitcoins. Is there a certain coin that you never heard of or has been pretty much unknown by the community that has jumped a lot in price? Then it's likely to be a pump and dump. The current top coins are a lot harder to pump and dump due to the prices being significantly harder to manipulate; though it isn't impossible, it's definitely a lot harder and it's going to need a lot more pump and dumpers and a lot more capital.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:30:56 PM

a very interesting question!
Well the way I would be generally thinking is if a coin has risen by over 20% in a short time-frame I would take it as being manipulated.
Before you get involved in a coin which is showing strong growth there are a few things you need to do.
1.) What is the reason for the sudden growth? so you have to do a bit of research, find a reason, if there is one.
2.) examine the facts, how quick has the growth been?
3.) what is the trading history? if the coin has not had any signs of such growth before and then it is suddenly growing without any reason, it looks fishy.
4.) if none of the above have any satisfactory answers, stay away or get in and dont leave the screen until you have sold at the right time, tricky and risky even for those in the pump and dump group except the ones at the top calling the actions but they wont be calling DUMP, just calling PUMP

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
setifien19

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:51:34 PM

1)Unknown & useless coin ( that's clear when no one talks about )
2) Sudden price jump ( without being preceded by significant news predicting that jump)
3) Poor historical volume trading which is easy to detect through statistics .
Mostly every sh** coin meets one (or more ) cited character
chiggz

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:54:18 PM

It is frustrating when I saw a strong momentum and bought a position only to see that it candle return to the original price where it belongs. Is there anyway we can know it is p&d group working and not organic push?

It’s not too difficult to detect a coin that’s being primed for a pump and dump. You’ll often see buying patterns like the ones in this graph. A coin generally rises in its price due to various factors but most of it being the current news and developers updates on the roadmap. One way to avoid this by checking the news or buy not investing in Shitcoins altogether. Since they are the ones usually pumped due to volume. If you want to learn in depth check buy and sell walls so you can find if there are no already built up large sell walls. One more thing is Never buy a coin just because the price is rising. This is when you become a victim due to the fear of missing out. Lastly use your common sense while trading. Don't trade thinking you will get rich instantly and putting your money in the dead coins.

bitsticker

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:59:03 PM

that thaugh question to me, the market is young and volatile.. unless it is sheer project coin with no ground for growth - i consider it a manupulation - just pass it
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:52:58 PM

There is a pump and dump group, maybe you can use it to find out what altcoins will pump and what altcoins will dump next. I'm personally less interested in that, I better invest than trading.
bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:19:44 PM
Merited by Mister1k (2)

There is a pump and dump group, maybe you can use it to find out what altcoins will pump and what altcoins will dump next. I'm personally less interested in that, I better invest than trading.

You can find the price bump and dump according the adaption and hacking move in the online. For example: if anyone invested on crypto currecy trading or blockchain start ups. You will find the concern coin grows in the marketplace.

Dump really make everyone buthurt especially peoplw invested recent days before will worry more. Reasons about the dumps are Hackers attacked and stealing the funds, price fluctuations panic takes the investors away to different coins and minera migrated to other coins.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
DanielRR1997

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:02:14 PM

So, how do we spot pump and dump stocks...

1-Promise of big profits:
Anytime you’re being promised of big profits from a stock you should reconsider. It’s a big red flag because no one really knows when their big profits will come.We can assume, but we cannot know really for sure of any stock’s outcome. I do believe you’ve known that by now if you’ve been trading penny stock already, it’s not hard to see that.

2- Pump and dump stocks are penny stocks
You will never find a stock in a pump and dump list which is not a penny stock. All the pump and dump stocks are penny stocks. This should be your number one rule. Penny stocks are the ones that are prone to those sort of manipulations. Although it’s illegal and considered to be a crime. It still happens as of today, in order not to fall prey to them you have to conduct your own research. Don’t rely on what you’re hearing, look for your own information. According to Penny Stock Expert, only a handful of stock traders stay true to themselves when it comes to researching before trading.
It’s almost impossible to be successful trading penny stocks if research are not being done
Kavallo

Activity: 395
Merit: 129

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:38:57 PM

I have come to the conclusion that most of the times when the price goes up fast with a lot of volume it is a pump and dump. The problem is that you ignore if the dump will come after 5 minutes or after 5 months.
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:50:31 PM

this all happened because it is very difficult to be able to identify when the time the pump will start crashing. I am sure that we can have luck in at the same time as the bitcoin pump ,, maybe that's what many traders expect
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1139

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:07:52 PM

Knowing this kind of thing is really impossible which you cant able to indentify out if this coin is purely a pump and dump thing. Seeing on candle behavior would give you the assumptions but once you have been faked out on the price movement then youre fucked. Specially on first time pumps of a coin these are the times which would be crucial for you to move. Once you see pump then try as much as possible to sell out on peak because tendency on going back down is high.

Minnie1928

Activity: 140
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:09:04 PM

Pump and dump groups are usually benefiting only to the manager of such groups. I am talking about the little coins which can bring you nice profit gain if you had flown into the pump accordingly( Because the refreshment of the current price is constantly renewing you cant actually know if the dump is already happening).

The organizer of the groups knows the right moment to trade because he is already dumping as you are pumping( In 80 percent only he and his team are on the trace for the profit).

this all happened because it is very difficult to be able to identify when the time the pump will start crashing. I am sure that we can have luck in at the same time as the bitcoin pump ,, maybe that's what many traders expect

On the wider aspect- pumps are usually contradicting each other blockchain. Bitcoin up - expect altcoins to fall, Altcoins pump- Bitcoin and coins on same principle down. If you wanna learn this technique here is an interesting article which is very educative

https://www.ccn.com/pump-dump-know-signs-trading-altcoins

▶▶  [ WHITEPAPER ]  ◀◀              i v y              ▶▶  [ JOIN US NOW! ]  ◀◀
Ivy Disrupts The US$5 Trillion Per Day Money Transfer Market
TELEGRAM   ●   FACEBOOK   ●    TWITTER    ●   YOUTUBE   ●   LINKEDIN
Yankae

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:41:57 PM

I hope this can help a littlehttp://www.cryptomorrow.com/2017/09/11/signs-of-pump-and-dump-in-altcoin-trading/
yrreg ger

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:00:42 PM

It is truly hard to predict what will happen next, only speculation we have in every pump and dump but sometimes the one who help us to know is the news. Reading news about countries who want to invest in bitcoin helps to predict the pumping and countries who want to banned the bitcoin result dumping. But sometimes we don't expect the dumping and pumping, there is countries investing without news and same with banning of bitcoin.
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:25:40 PM

No one can if someone has that ability im sure he is filthy rich now. P&d groups can't possibly with only little of it even they have 500 members but the unity is not that good then it's pretty much useless. Predicting is crucial in trading that's what were here for to learn and make decisions that others can't.
anti-scam

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

COINECT

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:25:36 AM

I stay away from P & D grops, unless we are willing to pay for some telegram groups that signal altcoin in Bittrex exchange.
I did not dare to take risks, and I chose longterm trading

▄▄▓▓▄▄   ▄▓▓▓▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀    ▀▓▓▓▀   ▀▓▓▓▄
         ▄▓▓▀▀        ▐▓         ▀▓▓▓
         ▓▓   ░▓▓▒    ▐▓     ▓▓░   ▐▓
         ▓▓    ░▀▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▀▀    ▐▓
      ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▓▓▀     ▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▄   ▀▀    ▀▓▓░
    ▓▓        ▓▓▓░    ▐▓     ▀▓▓▄        ▓░
    ▓▓▄▄▄    ▐▓░   ▄▓▄▓▓▒▄▓▄   ▓▓░   ▄▄▄▄▓░
    ▓▓▀▀▀    ▐▓░   ▀▀▀▓▓▒▀▀    ▓▓░   ▀▀▀▒▓░
    ▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄   ▐▓    ▄▓▓▓▀       ░▓░
    ▀▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▄   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓▒   ▓▄   ▄▓▓▓░
        ▀▓▓▓▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓░   ▀▀▓▓▓▀░
         ▓▓    ▄▓▓▓   ▐▓    ▓▓▄░   ▐▓░░
         ▀▓▄   ▀▓     ▐▓     ▀▀   ▄▓▓░
           ▀▓▓▓▄      ▓▓░      ▄▓▓▀░
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░▓▓▓▄▓▓▓░
COINECT
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
AI-based decentralized
arbitrage trading system
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
█              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:35:14 AM

I have come to the conclusion that most of the times when the price goes up fast with a lot of volume it is a pump and dump. The problem is that you ignore if the dump will come after 5 minutes or after 5 months.

Similar to that or it is. But usually a big pump happens in a Pump and Dump scenario. A long green candle shows up, a small trade and suddenly goes back to where it came from.This scenario is popular before when exchanges has trollbox. Poloniex remove it. 

It usually range from minutes to hours or even days and then  no activity or little activity. Beware of this, very risky.
Brama Jasa

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:49:27 AM

I think, we can not know the pump & dump group in doing the price push. except as post no. 2 of us joined in the group, be careful for now because there will be a surprise from the members of pump & dump this year ,, just look at the beginning of this year the price is very chaotic
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: