Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 08:51:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Involvement can Risk your Bank Account  (Read 193 times)
Blackshadow007 (OP)

Activity: 787
Merit: 276

Currency Xchanger™

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 04:54:14 PM

Well , today one of my friend told me about this , Kotak Bank sent Notice to him for his Crypto withdrawals and involvement .

well personally i never got any notice for my accounts but this is scary thing to see , if anyone else got similar notice from Bank then let me know in this thread . Seems like some Banks planning to close down accounts which have any VC or Crypto trade or transaction involvement .

amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:06:26 AM

Wow. This sucks.
If a blanket order comes from RBI to stop all transactions related to cryptocurrencies then we'll have to go back to trading through cash on localbitcoins.com.
I don't think it'd be that bad except that a lot of people who are in this for multiplying their investments will be either forced to sell-off or increase their vision.

The only problem is that there is only a very small percentage of Indian users who care for cryptocurrencies for the sale of cryptos. They all want a quick buck by investing in ripple or scam MLM's propagated by people like Amit Bhardwaj on his website.
Maybe a blanket ban will solve this problem even if by only a small measure.
rsarkar

Activity: 102
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:14:46 AM

I hope that not all banks follow the same principle.
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:35:54 AM

All banks will follow the same as all come under RBI guidelines. It is a matter of time now that all banks will issue the notices to their clients to close the account if it is related to the virtual currency. So now we all are aware where the country is heading towards and what will the committee report be saying about the India's stand.

agnosticpilgrim

Activity: 25
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:48:28 AM

I have an account with Kotak as well which I use to trade with Zebpay. I received the same notice. They have mentioned they will be forced to close my account without intimation *IF* there is such a notice from the RBI.
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:48:24 AM

We risk the account if RBI issues any such notice in future. Until then, no bank has any right to close an account on these basis.
Greendays

Activity: 135
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:09:28 AM

In all this implies that if any notification is issued by rbi against cryptocurrency then account will be banned. In short banning itself will close all things.. untill these speculations.. don't know what the future is.. i advice to not store saving balance in this bank account. Just use it as exchange account.
Forbiddenone

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:16:48 PM

I use public bank sbi for crypto transaction, I haven't faced any regulations regarding crypto.if you do higher transaction kindly pay capital gain tax then there is nothing to worry and if you are doing low transaction there is nothing to pay tax.recently my friend account  was given notice he is stock trader ,so it is not about crypto only if you are doing or your bank account is linked with suspicious activity you will get notice.
CryptoFanholic

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:07:12 AM

Well , today one of my friend told me about this , Kotak Bank sent Notice to him for his Crypto withdrawals and involvement .

https://i.imgur.com/MvC2CjG.jpg

well personally i never got any notice for my accounts but this is scary thing to see , if anyone else got similar notice from Bank then let me know in this thread . Seems like some Banks planning to close down accounts which have any VC or Crypto trade or transaction involvement .
That's just a caution mail
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: