Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:32:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Bitcoin is in a bubble?  (Read 314 times)
Maxnilu (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:02:17 PM

Do you think Bitcoin is in a bubble?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
01BTC

Activity: 462
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:27:44 PM

No it is not, it had a correction and it will also have a fork at the end of february, but march will get it back on it's road!

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:51:41 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 12:30:38 AM by odolvlobo

Yes. Just ask any newbie who invested their life savings in BTC at $19000 why they bought it. I believe it will continue to fall after this pause at $11000 down to around $5000, or perhaps lower, based on the trend before the steepest rise.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Tylerizator

Activity: 84
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:31:00 PM

Bitcoin is a bit of a joke - laughable. Whoever puts their (real) money into it is risking a total loss because there's no real value in a Bitcoin, or any other cryptocurrency. All they have going for them is scarcity ("only 21 million Bitcoin will ever be minted") and hype, and the price is mostly determined by hype. Nothing lies behind a Bitcoin, neither governments nor assets. You pay out thousands and have to wonder what it's for. Comparison with tulips and the dotcom bubble are apt; caveat emptor!
stronghandsdeeppockets

Activity: 266
Merit: 27

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:32:12 PM

No way it gets down to that. That's quite an exaggeration there.
Yes. Just ask any newbie who invested their life savings at $19000 why they bought BTC. I believe it will continue to fall after this pause down to around $5000, or perhaps lower, based on the trend before the steepest rise.

No fucking way it gets there, you are exaggerating. The crash already happened, we will be seeing price swings between 10k and 12k for quite a bit. At some point, investors will either become impatient and invest, or some good news convinces them to get back in. I expect March and April to be good months (we might climb back to 700m).

From then one, I can't see how it might perform.
angelandres92

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:53:27 PM

Bitcoin is a bit of a joke - laughable. Whoever puts their (real) money into it is risking a total loss because there's no real value in a Bitcoin, or any other cryptocurrency. All they have going for them is scarcity ("only 21 million Bitcoin will ever be minted") and hype, and the price is mostly determined by hype. Nothing lies behind a Bitcoin, neither governments nor assets. You pay out thousands and have to wonder what it's for. Comparison with tulips and the dotcom bubble are apt; caveat emptor!

In my opinion it is not a bubble, since today many important companies have gotten into the market, large companies are creating their own currencies, important people are supporting it as the currency of the future. We are in a technological age that we do not know where we are going to arrive, but what if we are sure that more and more the cybernetic world is in a constant growth, and it is there where it enters into the concept of Cryptocurrency, being a currency perfectly applicable to hiring of services, in a faster and safer way. These months have been hard for the bad news from China, Korea, among others, but in a short time the good news will begin focused on regulations and acceptances in banks and governments. It is a change of mentality and financial system.
Crytptohack

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

HodL!

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 08:27:16 PM

Currently, what major asset class is not in a bubble?  Bonds, stocks, real estate, how about the US Dollar money supply? US Debt is at 20 trillion

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Blockchain technology is relatively new and is in the first innings for a baseball analogy. When it does go parabolic in the coming years, there will most likely be a blow off top just like the .com bubble in which many companies went bankrupt. In the crypto space, the blockchains will no longer be active on the net.
Kingtry19

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:33:21 PM

No it is not, it had a correction and it will also have a fork at the end of february, but march will get it back on it's road!

Many people have asked me about the upcoming forks, regarding compatible wallets and how to redeem...
Most asked question is 

“Will having btc in my Coinbase wallet during the fork give me the new coins? “
 I havnt not been able to give an educated answer only assumptions...

I understand if you own btc at the time of the specific block minned for the beginning of the fork, you should receive the new coin. But my conclusion is coinbase is slow/or if they even adapt the new coins.
With coinbase the first choice of most new people and some vets, Would be good to confirm what’s going to happen.
Could you recommend a compatible wallet or exchange? 
I have been looking for a solid answer but I havnt found a definitive answer wondering if you know or what you guys think....
cezar.crypto

Activity: 8
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:38:06 PM

I don't think it is in a bubble. It is an immense topic that has generated a wealth of knowledge and attracted many semi-technical enthusiasts who get in the depths of the underlying blockchain technology. More and more as I am just walking I hear random people talking about bitcoin.
korchenkov

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:54:31 PM

There are many bubbles in world economy, inluding bitcoin of course
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:58:50 PM

Yes. Just ask any newbie who invested their life savings at $19000 why they bought BTC. I believe it will continue to fall after this pause down to around $5000, or perhaps lower, based on the trend before the steepest rise.

Not unreasonable, but there's also reason to think this bubble has more legs. Robinhood (mainstream stock broker app) is entering the fray, and offering no-fees trading no less. They've already got a million customers queued who are waiting to enter the BTC and ETH markets. Of note, Robinhood does not support short selling. Robinhood definitely brings a new level of mainstream accessibility, and the queue definitely signals that there is still latent unmet demand.

I'm hopeful that a washout below $10,000 is coming, but $5,000 or lower sounds a bit overextended to me. I'm looking to re-accumulate my coins in the $7,000-$9,000 range if the market obliges. I suspect that the 2017 run was comparable to the April 2013 run, meaning that I think there is another bull cycle still to come.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 04:41:52 AM

I believe that Bitcoin is not a bubble because a bubble is something that is excessive pricing/ costing of something that doesn't deserve that price. However, when it comes to the Bitcoin it is a disruptive model that has a potential to transform our financial industry from the core. I'm not saying that Bitcoin will do it for sure but at least there is a possibility and potential for the same. Things might not work in the way that we are expecting but even in that case, it will be different than the bubble scenario.
Andatello

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:37:45 AM

There are many bubbles in world economy, inluding bitcoin of course

This is true and I think bitcoin is the same as any other commodity supply vs demand. I believe the demand is still strong for bitcoin and I sincerely think this is the future of currency. It is why I am here.
chim_brisss

Activity: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:02:41 AM

I think it’s hard to call something a bubble when it’s been labeled as such 5+ times in the past. It seems that every major move is another chance to call it a bubble. You either believe that bitcoin is revolutionary or you don’t. I personally believe the technology and concept behind crypto is one of the major achievements of the last 50 years. Take a look at how long money has been around, and how little time this concept has existed. It has already taken huge jumps, I can only see it going higher considering the current global adoption and general move to get value (money) out of the control of the government and banks.
Orium Official

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 07:15:31 AM

I don't think bitcoin can fork so, there can be fix for some issue that lead to bubble situation.2018 is the year of crypto boom.
Bryan_Trader

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:24:56 AM

I do not think BTC is a bubble for now. But soon it might be like any other bubbles that occurs in our world.
ICOPass
Copper Member

Activity: 112

Easiest way to do KYC checks

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 09:45:09 AM

Better crypto's will (are) conceived all the time. I'd guess it's just a matter of time before majority of stakeholders start to get rid of their Bitcoin assets.

tuikindu

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:36:37 AM

There is definitely a bubble in bitcoin. Not quite a bubble.
WillowEvul

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:11:11 PM

Bitcoin - a bubble? Are you trying to convince me, that all of my successful business efforts interconnected with this currency was a bubble? Something fake? I have made a lot with bitcoin and that won't stop me developing my business ideas based the brilliant blockchain idea!

Bitcoin is marked bubble by those who missed their chances of getting rich. I will tell you this: it is never, ever late to make great things happen with bitcoin! Remember my words!  Wink
JaredStein

Activity: 379
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:25:00 PM

No it is not a bubble.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: