Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:39:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre ICO with a guarantee  (Read 118 times)
Jonesey (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:01:41 PM

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for your feedback, it helps me to understand whats going on.

I am a broker who deals in getting capital for businesses. I have a unique opportunity to explore a cryptocurrency play, a space that I know really just a minimum amount. I am able to either purchase, or sell to a client, 300k worth of tokens, from an insider, for a discount price of 200k. The guarantee for this play is that the company who is issuing the coins will guarantee buying the tokens back at par value at the point of ICO, regardless of how it trades on the open market. This resolves any liquidity issues, but I would love to hear what you guys thought of this opportunity and what tips you might be able to share.
Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 06:11:53 PM

What kind of garantee can be in crypto world:) it is all consist of risk:) analyse your ico. Good one can make x3-5 easely after ico, espesialy if they listed on big exchanges and have low starting capitalization or it was sold very fast or  on presail.

Jonesey (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:15:43 PM

Thank you for your feedback, the guarantee would be the fact the company would buy back the coins at par value. The risk of holding it and seeing what may or may not happen make it too speculative for me. This is presale at a discounted rate, to me the play happens to be in cryptocurrency, but its more like holding debt until maturity.

Aside from the ICO being delayed/not happening at all, I wasn't sure of what other risk components I wasn't thinking of about what could go wrong.
vikkis

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:10:22 AM

The world of crypto currency is changing every day, who will give you guarantees?
With this approach, bitcoin would have long ago left for the moon ..)

Analyze the foundation and do not reinvent the wheel,
in this case you can earn a little .. that much better than guaranteed to lose in the muddy water.
Thadeous
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:26:18 AM

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for your feedback, it helps me to understand whats going on.

I am a broker who deals in getting capital for businesses. I have a unique opportunity to explore a cryptocurrency play, a space that I know really just a minimum amount. I am able to either purchase, or sell to a client, 300k worth of tokens, from an insider, for a discount price of 200k. The guarantee for this play is that the company who is issuing the coins will guarantee buying the tokens back at par value at the point of ICO, regardless of how it trades on the open market. This resolves any liquidity issues, but I would love to hear what you guys thought of this opportunity and what tips you might be able to share.

Do you mean ICO pre-sale stage? If yes, this is the most risky stage for investments.
Comparing to other ICO stages at pre-sale there is much less information from various sources and almost no investment statistics.
Jonesey (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:15:00 PM

The world of crypto currency is changing every day, who will give you guarantees?
With this approach, bitcoin would have long ago left for the moon ..)

Analyze the foundation and do not reinvent the wheel,
in this case you can earn a little .. that much better than guaranteed to lose in the muddy water.

Thats part of the issue, I understand that the company will write up something obligating that they will purchase back the coins on the date of the ICO. What if it doesn't ICO, what is the ICO is delayed etc.

With all the things i hear about regulation being around the corner, there are a few concerns about delays and cancellations of ICO's. We can all agree this would be a high risk opportunity (pays like one too!).

Is the company offering to buy back the tokens at ICO something any of you have seen before with any previous ICO's?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: