Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:12:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TradeHill - Security Update - 2 factor authentication is live  (Read 3215 times)
Jered Kenna (TradeHill) (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 02:17:44 AM

We're looking forward to hearing some feedback. Anyone have some experiences they would like to share with us about our 2 factor authentication?
Good? Bad? Like it? Hate it? Easy to use? Confusing? Can't make it work? Let us know.

-Jered

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 02:26:30 AM

We're looking forward to hearing some feedback. Anyone have some experiences they would like to share with us about our 2 factor authentication?
Good? Bad? Like it? Hate it? Easy to use? Confusing? Can't make it work? Let us know.

-Jered

It works fine, but it seems Duo Security on my phone can't be associated with more than one service at a time. It completely disassociated my phone from the other service I was testing it with.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 02:57:34 AM

-Jered

It works fine, but it seems Duo Security on my phone can't be associated with more than one service at a time. It completely disassociated my phone from the other service I was testing it with.

I forgot to mention that. I'll go back and edit the post now. Thanks for reminding me. It's limited to one user per device but they've told us that should change before the month is over and they move fast.
-Jered

moneyandtech.com
haydent

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 03:00:02 AM

-Jered

also the duo app code button on my htc wildfire (low rez) was almost invisible it was so far off the bottom of the screen, there was just the tiniest grey line at the bottum of the screen which i figured was the top of a button and i touched it which worked...

the other thing, it seems annoying to have to deal with captcha still even when when you have 2step on ...

2x Gigabyte 6950 OC @ 920/450 w/ ati tray tools (1 shader modded) - 760Mhs on ozco.in 0% fee aus pool
btc: 1HS5Brzcsh7XkJn566XYbvfpa2JuBRBdss

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 03:55:25 AM

-Jered

also the duo app code button on my htc wildfire (low rez) was almost invisible it was so far off the bottom of the screen, there was just the tiniest grey line at the bottum of the screen which i figured was the top of a button and i touched it which worked...

the other thing, it seems annoying to have to deal with captcha still even when when you have 2step on ...

I'll forward that feedback to duo sec, they'll appreciate it and knowing them probably act on it quickly if it's possible without changing everything.
We're putting a switch in for the captcha and may just make it default to off if you turn on 2 factor. I'm not a coder and don't want to speak for them before I ask. Maybe that isn't as simple as it seems in my mind.
Thanks for the feedback, it's really appreciated.
-Jered

moneyandtech.com
haydent

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 03:59:16 AM

great, just nice to know you're being heard.  Smiley

2x Gigabyte 6950 OC @ 920/450 w/ ati tray tools (1 shader modded) - 760Mhs on ozco.in 0% fee aus pool
btc: 1HS5Brzcsh7XkJn566XYbvfpa2JuBRBdss
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: