Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:00:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If you have joined Bitcointalk to make money  (Read 358 times)
odolvlobo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:10:51 PM
Merited by cry4crypto (1)

If you have joined Bitcointalk to make money by posting, you have come to the wrong place. The purpose of Bitcointalk is not for making money. It is for discussion.

This site is not designed to help you make money. In fact, the limits on signatures and the new merit system are designed to make it more difficult for you to make money.

If you are looking for a site that pays you to write, I suggest trying out SteemIt:

Here are some excerpts from the Welcome page:

Come for the rewards. Stay for the community.

It is possible to earn thousands of dollars, but most authors who are doing this have put in a lot of time and work to contribute to the community and build followings.

Payouts are made 7 days after the post/comment is created. You can claim your rewards in your wallet after 7 days.
The payments may fluctuate (up and down) until the final payment is reached.
Payments for posts are split between the author (at least 75%) and the curators (up to 25%).
The author reward is paid 50% in Steem Power, and 50% in liquid STEEM/SBD.
Authors also have the option to decline payout, or be paid in 100% Steem Power!

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wheelige

Activity: 238
Merit: 68

Do good things

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:17:15 PM

Do you see concerns with the merit system keeping newer members down though? The attitude towards newer members almost presumes that they only post for bounty and don't want the rank to show that they have contributed and to have their posts respected. I like the merit system but I cant help but think there are some grey areas in the BCT politics that have been created.

║║║║║║║║█║███║███║███║█║█║█║║███║█║█║║██    POPULOUS WORLD'S [GOLD POKEN]
║║║║║║║║█║███║█║█║███║█║█║█║║█║█║█║█║║█      GOLD BACKED ERC1155 TOKEN | RECEIVE 9% DISCOUNT | BUY NOW
║║║║║║║║█║█║║║███║█║║║███║██║███║███║██      HOMEPAGE | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | LINKEDIN | SLACK | GITHUB | YOUTUBE
odolvlobo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:06:08 AM
Merited by Vod (2)

Do you see concerns with the merit system keeping newer members down though?

The ranking system does not prevent people from reading posts or responding to them. The merit system will hopefully have a strong effect the quality of the posts, since it reduces a major motivation for making trivial posts. A person that make trivial posts in order to make money will have to drastically improve the quality of their posts in order to succeed. On the other hand, if a person makes trivial posts because that is how they like to communicate, then the merit system will not prevent them from continuing.

The attitude towards newer members almost presumes that they only post for bounty and don't want the rank to show that they have contributed and to have their posts respected. I like the merit system but I cant help but think there are some grey areas in the BCT politics that have been created.

It appears to me that 80%-90% of the new members have joined signature campaigns, so it is easy to presume that most of them post for bounty, or are at least motivated to post for bounty. If you are not a member of a signature campaign then obviously you are not posting for bounty. So, if you want to avoid the impression that you are posting for bounty, then simply don't join a signature campaign.

Regardless, if someone wants to make money by posting, there a better alternatives than Bitcointalk. I think that Bitcointalk has somehow gained a reputation as a place to earn money when that is not its purpose at all.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:39:33 AM

I guess I'm a bit out of the loop on the new merit system. I suddenly started noticing a "merit" category along with my post count and activity stats. I'm assuming a high number is good; otherwise I'm in trouble.

My experience has been that the Bitcoin Talk decision makers do a really good job of setting up systems that encourage good quality discussion and not so much spamming just to post.

Disclosure: I am part of a signature campaign, but I don't make spam posts. I find interesting posts to comment on and do it and call it good.

Steemit is a great recommendation. With that said, the community isn't all that thrilled with people spam posting there either. I think no matter where you are, the rules are basically the same. Post when you have something to say, and write with good spelling, grammar and paragraphing, and you should do fine. You might even make some money Smiley
hp162133

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:47:32 AM

The ranking system does not prevent people from reading posts or responding to them. The merit system will hopefully have a strong effect the quality of the posts, since it reduces a major motivation for making trivial posts. A person that make trivial posts in order to make money will have to drastically improve the quality of their posts in order to succeed. On the other hand, if a person makes trivial posts because that is how they like to communicate, then the merit system will not prevent them from continuing.

The attitude towards newer members almost presumes that they only post for bounty and don't want the rank to show that they have contributed and to have their posts respected. I like the merit system but I cant help but think there are some grey areas in the BCT politics that have been created.

It appears to me that 80%-90% of the new members have joined signature campaigns, so it is easy to presume that most of them post for bounty, or are at least motivated to post for bounty. If you are not a member of a signature campaign then obviously you are not posting for bounty. So, if you want to avoid the impression that you are posting for bounty, then simply don't join a signature campaign.

Regardless, if someone wants to make money by posting, there a better alternatives than Bitcointalk. I think that Bitcointalk has somehow gained a reputation as a place to earn money when that is not its purpose at all.

Thank you, nice words. I understand that bitcointalk forum is a place for discussion as it's original purpose.
insculpt

Activity: 133
Merit: 12

Loonie Network - For Bounty hunters & Freelancers

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 11:44:34 AM

If you have joined Bitcointalk to make money by posting, you have come to the wrong place. The purpose of Bitcointalk is not for making money. It is for discussion.

This site is not designed to help you make money. In fact, the limits on signatures and the new merit system are designed to make it more difficult for you to make money.

If you are looking for a site that pays you to write, I suggest trying out SteemIt:

It is possible to earn thousands of dollars, but most authors who are doing this have put in a lot of time and work to contribute to the community and build followings.

Payouts are made 7 days after the post/comment is created. You can claim your rewards in your wallet after 7 days.
Payments for posts are split between the author (at least 75%) and the curators (up to 25%).

It's true that this platform was not designed to make money. This, however, does not mean people are not making money through the platform. There is nothing wrong with making money while discussing. You might have decided that you don't like bounty campaigns and sig campaigns that's ok, but some people are making money by doing exactly that and you should be happy for them. If making money on this platform was a crime, then it should be banned altogether.
What you should be doing is finding ways to motivate people to write valuable content and making meaningful comments. The money is bringing in new people and the community is growing and I don't see anything wrong with that. There are a lot of terrible things going on here that are worse than sig campaigns. You don't have to be a hater. Embrace change. Be happy for others. Yes promote quality over content, but bounties are not a crime.  You could be very happy if you tried it maybe. Or maybe you have a lot of money already, good for you. Some of us are doing whatever it takes to make a living. If it means joining signature campaigns then so be it. It's democracy. People should be encouraged to post quality, but should not be sanctioned for trying to earn money while they at it. I don't condone spamming but please who doesn't want easy money?

jonsandthrone

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:51:47 PM

when some people, including me, asking about how to get bitcoin? you know what the answer of most people to the question? it's signature campaign in bitcointalk! almost all of them has the same answer for that. so what's the problem if people need to make money here by joining signature campaign? are you jealous? a legendary rank jealous to the new comers? or you afraid it'll reduce your chance to make big money here? to be honest, what's your problem of people making money here?
cry4crypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 35

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:11:29 PM

when some people, including me, asking about how to get bitcoin? you know what the answer of most people to the question? it's signature campaign in bitcointalk! almost all of them has the same answer for that. so what's the problem if people need to make money here by joining signature campaign? are you jealous? a legendary rank jealous to the new comers? or you afraid it'll reduce your chance to make big money here? to be honest, what's your problem of people making money here?
You and these people are a part of the problem. First of all, instead of asking the same fucking question that's been answered a thousand times over and over, take the time and use the search function in the upper-right corner, it works wonders.

Second of all, this is a FORUM, a place meant for discussion by definition. People who come here with the sole intent of making money by participating in signature campaigns flood the forum with trash quality content, posting for the sake of posting. Take a look around, open a few random threads and you will see that the majority of people don't contribute to the discussions in ANY way, most of them don't even speak proper English.

Also, your jealousy accusations to odolvlobo are pathetic and ridiculous. I pity you if your income relies on signature campaigns.
Xtez

Activity: 155
Merit: 13

Arabic Translation. Pm me

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:13:07 PM

Making money is just a bonus really and you only make alot of money by having a high rank in the posts.

If you contribute then the forums should be making you money through knowledge anyway

---Looking for new Campaign---
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:25:06 PM

Yeah true. Most new members are targeting only bounty campaigns. They are posting useless posts and rank up their accounts. That's why bitcointalk rules change day by day. I really like new merit system. I think bitcointalk rules change more than future.
SevenSign

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:43:09 PM

INDEED. Hope most of a new comer, also like me will b more aware for those necessary things. Better b more readable, more participate in forum, like this so that most of those dont know yet, will be awaken. More power. Truly thanks for this forum. Best regards.
Bansheetenin

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:01:04 PM

You and these people are a part of the problem. First of all, instead of asking the same fucking question that's been answered a thousand times over and over, take the time and use the search function in the upper-right corner, it works wonders.

Second of all, this is a FORUM, a place meant for discussion by definition. People who come here with the sole intent of making money by participating in signature campaigns flood the forum with trash quality content, posting for the sake of posting. Take a look around, open a few random threads and you will see that the majority of people don't contribute to the discussions in ANY way, most of them don't even speak proper English.

Also, your jealousy accusations to odolvlobo are pathetic and ridiculous. I pity you if your income relies on signature campaigns.
asking the same fucking question that's been answere a thousand times over and over? wow.
Luckyji

Activity: 166
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:09:30 AM

To me some people are here to make money while some are here to discuss about the forum,well it is through this forum you get paid after doing some work so if you ask me all of us are here to make money.
Jabba the Bit

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:17:55 AM

I joined Steemit a while ago. You can also interact with steem without singing up with Steemit if you want more security over your wallet, but you have to pay with your own ethereum if you do. Registration can take a week.
EricExxo

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 11:26:16 AM

Steemit is an important asset in crypto ecosystem with a a big community. Bitcointalk is a forum where newbies can ask questions and get answers.
odolvlobo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:28:47 PM

when some people, including me, asking about how to get bitcoin? you know what the answer of most people to the question? it's signature campaign in bitcointalk! almost all of them has the same answer for that. ...

They are wrong. The fastest, most effective, and most convenient way to obtain bitcoins is to buy them.

If you don't have money to buy bitcoins, then earn it. No matter where you live, it takes much less work to earn dollars (or your local currency) than it takes to earn the equivalent amount of bitcoins.

... so what's the problem if people need to make money here by joining signature campaign? ...

The problem is that people trying to earn money are motivated to make as many posts and replies as possible with little regard for their quality. This sea of crap brings down the quality of the site. When newbies ask questions, they are flooded with crap posted by people trying to earn money. People looking of information must wade through a morass of crap to find what they are looking for.

Your post provides a great example. When people ask, "how do I get bitcoins", the signature campaign people always reply with the same bad answers: "join a signature campaign", "visit faucets", "day-trade", "gamble", "mine them". They haven't actually thought about it. They are simply repeating what others have said because it it fast and easy.

... so what's the problem if people need to make money here by joining signature campaign? are you jealous? a legendary rank jealous to the new comers? or you afraid it'll reduce your chance to make big money here? to be honest, what's your problem of people making money here?

Obviously, I am not trying to make money here. That is a waste of time.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: