Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:38:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there any stable coins backed by real world assets?  (Read 217 times)
TMCD75

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:13:20 PM

Put your money in silver or gold. Gold and silver are a store of wealth that has gradually appreciated through time, that's a truth.

If I was looking for a store of wealth crypto speaking, it would be one of the big boys. Bitcoin/Ethereum would be my choice.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:05:53 AM

If the crypto currency is backed by real values then it will lose its decentralization. You should be wary of coins the developers of which say that this coin is supported by real values. If you want to fix your capital cash out to USD. This is reliable during the fall of the crypto market.
A cryptocurrency backed by something like dollars, gold, silver diamonds or something else stops begin decentralized at that point and its value is not derived from the network but from the stuff backing it, so it is a coin that will be forever limited by the amount of assets the devs can get to back the coin, so its possible applications will be very limited.
99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:21:21 AM

https://www.goldmint.io/

and coming soon = https://rmg.royalmint.com/
airdrophunter

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:09:59 AM

I think there are lots of stable coins backed by real world assets. I think one of them is Ripple (XRP) which is backed by banks across the globe. But i don't think Ripple can be a stable crypto in the coming years because as i can remember, this currency took ETH's place in market capitalization but it didn't last any longer as it plummets its market price.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:45:46 PM

I'm looking to store my cryptos at the moment and I need somewhere to put them.
Any suggestions?
I don't think any coin you can get like this because personally I don't think every coin stop himself or have constant value for long-term .
But still you can try direct Fiat that is USD ( dollers ) at exchange  , and I don't think anything can be more better than what doller is option , with doller you can stop your profit as well as loss , so choose this oke best .
Beside to use doller you can use ripple coin also because ripple currently is down much by price and also after investment may be you can make big earnings also , overall chances to make profit to have your all altcoins in ripple is better option otherwise your earnings will remain atleast constant .
FiveReels

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:59:07 AM

I dont think there are. Maybe some tried to push through some projects that are in form of scam have their sweet talking websites later on when everything is done and baited the ICO vanishes. On the other hand if it will be pushed through like this it an be possible but it is still way too complicated. Maybe another set of system will be created for this kind of set up and at the same time new set of blockchain technology that can easily adapt the payments and collaterals of assets.

bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:41:46 AM

Put your money in silver or gold. Gold and silver are a store of wealth that has gradually appreciated through time, that's a truth.

If I was looking for a store of wealth crypto speaking, it would be one of the big boys. Bitcoin/Ethereum would be my choice.
I agree what is the point of investing in a cryptocurrency backed by gold if you can buy gold directly, this is the same as those that buy gold certificates, they might as well get the real thing, so while bitcoin is often compared to gold the truth is that their nature is very different and do not mix well, so lets keep gold and other assets separated from the blockchain.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: