Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:11:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will 2017 gains ever happen again?  (Read 1058 times)
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 09:44:23 PM

In a year we again will see that many coins have grown very strongly. but which exactly growth will be very difficult to determine.
the number of coins has become much more than a year ago
Nebell

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:50:54 PM
Merited by jayhal (1)

Everyone who's saying that 2018 will give better gains than 2017 is lying.
In January 2017 you could've put a blindfold on yourself, randomly picked a coin to invest $10.000 in and there was 95% chance you'd be close to a millionaire - at least.
This will definitely not going to happen in 2018. Bitcoin won't gain 10-20x like in 2017. Not a chance.

2018 is the year we're going to break 1 trillion.
But, it's also the year the bubble will pop. And I'm not talking about Bitcoin bubble, I'm talking about the shitcoin bubble. There's too much shit out there that will burst and that money put into the promising projects.
2018 will also be the year when governments start cracking down hard on crypto. This will also be the year of privacy coins.
2019 will be the year of tech coins and 2020-22 is the year a lot of tech altcoins will be implemented and accepted in the real world and we will break 10 trillion market cap.

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
batturkey

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:54:00 PM

I feel 2017 gains was a once in a lifetime opportunity and we won't see anything like it again.

January 2017

Many of the top 100 coins with a considerably small investment could have made you a millionaire today, and congrats to those who are.

$10000 in ETH at the time and you would never need to work again.

I just can't see these gains happening again, but anything can happen

Sure already only %3 of all people on the earth invested in Crypto, we have a long way to go, next big Wave would be in 2021you better get ready for this.

For those you was wondering why I said 2021, 2021 is the year that we have BTC Blockhalving.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk   ■   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Vilagra

Activity: 672
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:12:16 PM

The party is not over yet. We need patience and faith. 2018 will be a great year, some cryptos like NEO or OMG will rise high soon.

I also think NEO can x20 in this year. Also I believe in South Korea projects AION, ICON and Wanchain.

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
arunakiran

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:14:07 AM

2017 gains happens once in a while, it can't happen every time. It was abnormal growth. As per my knowledge this much growth will never happen again. But I can expect constant growth from now onwards.
greenpath

Activity: 178
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:23:12 AM

Chances will come and go outside crypto world and inside crypto. What had happened on 2017 is a big change to a big price of btc and altcoins. Probably 2017 can be happen again this 2018 and more years to come while having our staying moment here. No doubt that the price of btc and eth and others will rise again as what the markets life in trading and pricing.
jayhal

Activity: 32
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:37:48 AM
Merited by Nebell (2)

In January 2017 you could've put a blindfold on yourself, randomly picked a coin to invest $10.000 in and there was 95% chance you'd be close to a millionaire - at least.
This will definitely not going to happen in 2018. Bitcoin won't gain 10-20x like in 2017. Not a chance.

But, it's also the year the bubble will pop. And I'm not talking about Bitcoin bubble, I'm talking about the shitcoin bubble. There's too much shit out there that will burst and that money put into the promising projects.
2018 will also be the year when governments start cracking down hard on crypto. This will also be the year of privacy coins.
2019 will be the year of tech coins and 2020-22 is the year a lot of tech altcoins will be implemented and accepted in the real world and we will break 10 trillion market cap.

Nebell's comments are based much closer to reality than most others in this thread, whether you're optimistic or not about the "potential" of crypto.   The projects that provide absolutely no value in the real world will soon be found out, their tokens will become relatively worthless and their devs will see the writing on the wall.   Though I will mention one thing... There are projects that have been around since 2011-12 that appear to have little to no real world value / utility, yet the project developers still persist.   Keep in mind that as long as someone, that means even only 1 person, continues to put in the effort to develop / maintain their project, it will live on.   Token / asset pricing in the global markets won't necessarily kill it.   If there is even a small community that supports that developer and urges them to keep on doing what they're doing, the general consensus of the global trading exchanges won't stop them (in fact, it might add fuel to their fire to develop their project into something more useful, somehow, someway).

No doubt, Nebell will also freely admit that just because BTC doesn't pull a 10X+ this year, that isn't to say that there won't be some other projects that do.   He's simply saying that last year, you could have thrown a dart at the wall and you would have found a 10Xer.   This year, as many millions of new people come into the space to get their feet wet, it will be those that can separate / recognize the projects with true utility that will come out on top in the end.  Get to know the key factors in determining what gives a token utility. 

Hint: You'll quickly see how as more and more users come onto a particular platform, the demand for the token that helps the platform run smoothly will increase.  What happens when there's an increase in demand for something someone needs to use?

So perhaps, the moral of the story this year is to keep your expectations in check from here on out though also to keep your eyes / ears peeled for platform releases that carry with them token utility.   

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1194565)
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:42:55 AM

We can always see that one. History repeats itself. All I can say is we are just a developing community, roughly there are only about 5% of the population knows about cryptocurrency, how much more?  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
jayhal

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:31:37 AM

We can always see that one. History repeats itself. All I can say is we are just a developing community, roughly there are only about 5% of the population knows about cryptocurrency, how much more?  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I believe it's likely closer to 40+% that knows about Bitcoin (and thus, crypto).  However, it's likely closer to 3-5% that actually have some sort of stake / position in a crypto asset(s).  Clif High's noted many times that at some point towards end of Feb through April, we'll be hitting the start of the ol' tipping point, which may lead to increase that total percentage rather quickly throughout 2018 to 10%+.   Who knows though, eh?  Stay seated in the roller coaster and we'll soon see who's right, though!  Just don't forget to hold on.  It's gonna be a helluva ride!

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1194565)
melted349

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:52:06 AM

exactly we may just be wait for what may real happen about it when it was been taking for, we can say that it may happen again for on how they may able to gain for but sometime this is may happen more than we are expecting for.
deniskiely

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:05:24 AM

It totally depends on what altcoin company can bring to practical applications. If they are just whitepaper , all crypto will be a dead hole
Gogochen

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:18:07 AM

I think 2018 is still very likely.
Because this year, more and more cryptocurrency market investors started to enter the encryption cryptocurrency market, and various countries gradually recognized the cryptocurrency and formulate rules and regulations, and that means there could still be a bull in the cryptocurrency markets.

LeRatton

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:18:52 AM

Well, first of all, there is no way regular folks like us would have invested $10,000 in Ethereum.

I have been in crypto since 2013. Having gone through lots of panic sells, exchange collapses and just plain scams, we were hardened. There is not way we would have dropped that much cash unless we were financially sound, and a little crazy.

That said, I have been investing in crypto since 2013. And have a target in mind for Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and others for my early retirement.

2018 will be a tough year for Bitcoin and crypto. We won't see the returns made in shotgun approach investment. So it is time for some dumpster diving to find some hidden gems.

Www.TheShitcoinList.Com

niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:33:14 AM

Yes there is chance don’t go with crowd do your own research there is lots of good potential coins out there still having low value better to find small capital coins instead of going with already established .again ethereum and neo would be my bet for this year apart from small value coin. There is strong reading behind trusting neo and ethereum.
kdn

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:36:14 AM

its called scaremongering, everyday on the news we read how the "bubble will burst" just stick with it and hope for the best.
bigboss2

Activity: 80

https://bwex.co/

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:51:12 AM

Yes, they will and soon.
In 2018 itself, there are chances that till mid of 2018, prices will get a hike.
At that time, you can have your gains

Nebell

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:13:46 AM

Nebell's comments are based much closer to reality than most others in this thread, whether you're optimistic or not about the "potential" of crypto.   The projects that provide absolutely no value in the real world will soon be found out, their tokens will become relatively worthless and their devs will see the writing on the wall.   Though I will mention one thing... There are projects that have been around since 2011-12 that appear to have little to no real world value / utility, yet the project developers still persist.   Keep in mind that as long as someone, that means even only 1 person, continues to put in the effort to develop / maintain their project, it will live on.   Token / asset pricing in the global markets won't necessarily kill it.   If there is even a small community that supports that developer and urges them to keep on doing what they're doing, the general consensus of the global trading exchanges won't stop them (in fact, it might add fuel to their fire to develop their project into something more useful, somehow, someway).

No doubt, Nebell will also freely admit that just because BTC doesn't pull a 10X+ this year, that isn't to say that there won't be some other projects that do.   He's simply saying that last year, you could have thrown a dart at the wall and you would have found a 10Xer.   This year, as many millions of new people come into the space to get their feet wet, it will be those that can separate / recognize the projects with true utility that will come out on top in the end.  Get to know the key factors in determining what gives a token utility. 

Hint: You'll quickly see how as more and more users come onto a particular platform, the demand for the token that helps the platform run smoothly will increase.  What happens when there's an increase in demand for something someone needs to use?

So perhaps, the moral of the story this year is to keep your expectations in check from here on out though also to keep your eyes / ears peeled for platform releases that carry with them token utility.   

Exactly, thanks for completing my post Wink

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
neinnein125

Activity: 475
Merit: 251

VTOS

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:17:44 AM

I think we will never quite have that kind of 10x in everything increase. But I am %100 sure some coins will quickly grow in price maybe more than 100x. Cause ideas never die and I am sure there will always be better projects. By the way anon coins will be lot more useful, I agree.
I only want to add that when cap grows exchange coins (that paying dividends) will worth much more too.

▄█████████████████████▄
  ▄
█████████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████████████▀
 ▀████
███████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████
     ████
█████████████████
      ████
██████████████
       █████████████████
        ███████████████
         ▀███████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
V T O S      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
MEDIUM    TWITTER     GITHUB

⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
hanskan

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:34:21 AM

18 billion --> 618 billion = ~34x

618 billion x 34x = ~21 trillion

Can't happen the growth is too high, despite that though we can still have good gains this year.

Fairly certain that there will be at least 30 cryptocurrencies that will go 34X or more, but yea, not the whole market. Would be happy to see 3X in combined market cap.
nikisev

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Im the very decease you pretend to be

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:42:48 AM

I think we didnt see anything yet.
The market cap is 500 billions only.
Its have to hit 3-4 trillions , even if it stays tech gadget and wont go to mass adoption.
Demand is too high. ICO are crazy this year.
Jabuary is never good month in trading. Everybody meditating about last year , deciding about bonuses, firing people, hiring people.
I think it will pick up pace in mid february.
Besides, 2018 will be year of the DEX. And that will deliver massive influx in activity.
So buy in when it low. You will regret missing opportunity in December.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: