Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:50:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will 2017 gains ever happen again?  (Read 1057 times)
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:44:33 AM

At the start of 2017, who would have really got the definite prediction that bitcoin and other alts will go beyond the majority expected? The same goes for this year. This may or may not happened. This may also exceed our expectations as the people become more familiar with cryptocurrencies.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1859

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:49:05 AM

I feel 2017 gains was a once in a lifetime opportunity and we won't see anything like it again.

January 2017

Many of the top 100 coins with a considerably small investment could have made you a millionaire today, and congrats to those who are.

$10000 in ETH at the time and you would never need to work again.

I just can't see these gains happening again, but anything can happen

This crypto world is almost 100 percent like the old wild wild west. I mean, in here, everything's possible. One man can make millions in less than a year. One coin will suddenly grow more than a thousand percent in a quarter. One coin could also be the cause of one's wealth to simply vanish into thin air. So if what you are saying is something that was very amazing and it happened, there is no reason why it will not happen again. I believe there are more surprises in the crypto world to come.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
MartoValenti

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:53:07 AM

For me, 2018 will be even better than 2017. A lot of people now believe in Crypto and blockchain and because of that with the help of some good news (cause at the moment there are only bad  Sad ), crypto will rock the sky. Look the current situation. Even though all those negative news, hacks, law suits etc., Crypto is still above what was in November 2017...I think that, by the end of the year Crypto market will hit 1 trillion.
Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:03:36 AM

it is early to say that the gains would not happen again. cryptocurrencies is just starting and still have a long way to go to reach its peak. just be positive and don't think useless thought. cryptocurrencies is unpredictable so anything will happen in anytime.

Unpredictable is the key why people always said " nobody know where the price will go ".
I agree too early to talk about price will repeat last year price or not since now just in january as the first month of the year.
rammanbl4

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:09:45 AM

Yeah as previously mentioned I don't think we will see the same gains that we saw in 2017 happen again 2018. The whole market was insane in 2017. Its more about finding the correct coins to invest your money and I am sure you will see some good gains.
google98

Activity: 360

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:11:40 AM

Yes, you may be right. This increase in the value of all coins was incredible.
Still, I think we can see it again, but not on such a global scale, but with just a few coins this year.

Pvt-snafu

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:16:15 AM

No, stop living in the dreams.

In 2016 BTC was 600 and jumped up to 12000. This is the unique phenomenon which was based on the several factors. The hype-train, plus the amount of the newcomers made this possible. Now there are just not enough dudes in the world who can be considered as newcomers to the crypto investment, thereby I can't see this will happen again.

Don't get me wrong I would love to be ve part of this phenomenon, but let's be fair with ourselves, that's highly unlikely.
meldrio1

Activity: 1358

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:17:40 AM

It could be happen like last year but some altcoins, I think ethereum will pump up this year like bitcoin last year, who knows you can earn x3 profit in ethereum this 2018.

hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:20:36 AM

I feel 2017 gains was a once in a lifetime opportunity and we won't see anything like it again.

January 2017

Many of the top 100 coins with a considerably small investment could have made you a millionaire today, and congrats to those who are.

Those happen in year 2017 of gaining more profits would maybe happen again this year,if all problems occurs now would be solved,and all investor that panic selling there investment will turn back there old ways of doing an investment trading,if more investor to come the cryptocurrency will grow it investment trading and more bitcoiner will be benefited.we already know that digital currency is unpredictable  sometimes its dump and maybe in a split of a minute it will pump its value,but i still believe that bitcoin can achieve back its price value to the highest point,and those  happen in past year will  be more than happen in this year.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
anussayme

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:23:22 AM

January 2017
https://i.imgur.com/9iXza9E.png

Do not look at what it has done in 2017, look at what it has changed. I believe 2018 will have many changes and will be a more stable and prosperous year.
nikky_miner

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:30:45 AM

the volatility of the cryptocurrency not just to predict. 2018 may be as successful as 2017 for the cryptocurrency, could be worse, could be better. the main thing is to think well before to invest and to learn in something)
kuronokishi10

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:45:34 AM

according to me i would not like to categorize this gain as once in a life time but that doesnt mean this miracle is going to happen each year.
for most of the top 100 coins to increase themselves exponentially to such extent is not that easy,but bigger the value more the obstacle.
so it would be tougher to have the same growth again but that doesnt mean it would stop growing.
all coins are stabilising themselves which is also very important.
jayhal

Activity: 32
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:02:10 AM

Exactly, thanks for completing my post Wink

Hahaha.  Tongue 

I certainly think you said it well enough for me to understand where you think we're headed.  Me being someone who lives, eats and breathes this stuff on a daily basis.  I also thought that those new to our rollercoaster ride might get something from an expanded discussion on the topic of near future crypto possibilities by two budding futurists..  That being said, judging by the bulk of the replies in threads on BTCtalk... it seems most people on this forum don't actually read much of anything that anyone has written except perhaps the OP!     

Aaaaaaaaand life goes on...

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1194565)
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:06:07 AM

I think we can see much more cash flow into cryptocurrency market in 2018 with the mass adoption of blockchain tech world wide, at the same time I believe that projects without tech but only hype will die out.
jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:09:47 AM

For my own humble opinion the alts will grow better than last year's gain,why?because this year bitcoin would have a lot of sideways as we all know thats the only time that alts can grow when bitcoin'a price goes sideways.Most people will realize this in the future when btc gone wild either its going up or down the altcoin market always react to it by bleeding continously.

jayhal

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:10:46 AM

Well, first of all, there is no way regular folks like us would have invested $10,000 in Ethereum.

I have been in crypto since 2013. Having gone through lots of panic sells, exchange collapses and just plain scams, we were hardened. There is not way we would have dropped that much cash unless we were financially sound, and a little crazy.

That said, I have been investing in crypto since 2013. And have a target in mind for Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and others for my early retirement.

2018 will be a tough year for Bitcoin and crypto. We won't see the returns made in shotgun approach investment. So it is time for some dumpster diving to find some hidden gems.

Www.TheShitcoinList.Com

The guy who convinced me to jump on this train was one of those regular folk who put $10K into Ethereum.   That being said, he hadn't been dabbling in BTC and others previous to his starting with ETH (so he wasn't afraid).   His cousin convinced him to invest, they both went it with the same amount together.  ETH started going up.  Then they started mining it... 12 000 ETH later (each)...  Here he is.   He's still just a regular guy, too.   His millions haven't changed him, either.   Still just one of the boys.   "Don't let this money change ya," he's said more than once.  Tis the only way.

By the way, I don't disagree that those big returns will only come from a deep dive from here on out...

Kilomans

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:13:05 AM

t is expected that this year will be as dramatic in the price plan as the previous 2017. The fact that this month was stagnant for the crypto currency, it has been so for several years. In bitcoin, there are already positive trends: the time of his transactions decreases, commission fees become cheaper, bitcoin again began to try to increase in price and approached again to 12,000 dollars. Therefore, we are waiting for interesting events in the crypto currency and this year.
rippar

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:16:09 AM

I think that 2018 become the year of altcoins and ICOs. We will see 2 or 3 unkown coins to the top 10, and the giants like btc was fall down, because it has no practical use in real world, only it is the oldest cryptocurrency and that is all.
Ostonian

Activity: 912

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:17:41 AM

Let's hope and believe that 2018 will be more successful than 2017. The volume of investments is increasing, there are more and more projects. And, most likely, on the basis of this, the crypto currency will only develop, become more popular and will gain more and more turnover.
jayhal

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:35:25 AM

No, stop living in the dreams.

In 2016 BTC was 600 and jumped up to 12000. This is the unique phenomenon which was based on the several factors. The hype-train, plus the amount of the newcomers made this possible. Now there are just not enough dudes in the world who can be considered as newcomers to the crypto investment, thereby I can't see this will happen again.

Don't get me wrong I would love to be ve part of this phenomenon, but let's be fair with ourselves, that's highly unlikely.

Umm.. Monsieur Snafu, is it somewhat possible that you may not be aware just how many people live on our pale, blue dot? 

Take a look at this. That author's best guess is that about 0.36% of the world population has invested in crypto.  I think there are many people who do not have BTC wallets but are only in altcoins specifically.   I've guessed that there are currently possibly up to 3% of the world that have currently got some sort of stake / position in crypto assets (my crypto friends disagree with me however).   

Soooo, I'm quite curious on what you think.  Knowing this info, do you think adding 50 million more crypto users / holders in the next 12-18 months would have a positive effect on price movements for crypto assets?   How about adding 500 million more crypto users in the next 4-5 yrs?  How about 2-3 billion in the next decade?   

Let's be fair with ourselves, I'm not even certain the ballgame has even started yet.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: