Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:56:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sent BTC to BCH address and my money not showing please help to recover  (Read 194 times)
roger121 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:04:12 PM

I have sent BTC to BCH from electrum wallet latest version can I please have help to recover this as I can see its gone but just not showing in BCH I sent it to the wrong address please some one help new to this game
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 7041

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 09:21:50 PM

Did you sent them to your own wallet?

If not, who owns the address you sent the BTC?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:23:09 PM

I have sent BTC to BCH from electrum wallet latest version can I please have help to recover this as I can see its gone but just not showing in BCH I sent it to the wrong address please some one help new to this game

What do you mean by the "wrong address".

If you sent BCH to BTC that is in an electrum wallet or visa versa, you can get your coins back.
If you sent it to an exchange or another service you might not be able to recover the funds.

Do you have access to the private keys where the funds are currently in? could you check it on a block explorer like blockchain.info to see if the bitcoin has definitiely gone to that address and post the tx here of the transaction in question.
roger121 (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:51:51 PM

thanks for getting back to me where do I find the tx
TryNinja
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 09:58:22 PM

Go to the History tab, right click the transaction, select "View on block explorer" and paste the URL here.

You also didn't answer this:

Did you sent them to your own wallet?

If not, who owns the address you sent the BTC?

Did you sent them to an exchange, service or your own BCH wallet?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:02:33 PM

If it it's in electrum, you can right click > details and in the box that appears, there is a box at the top that says Trandaction ID - copy and paste the data from that box here. Or paste the address you funded and we'll find the transaction.

As tryninja said. Do you own the address you sent it to or is it on an exchange/service this is important! if it's a service/exchange we also need to know the name of it.
roger121 (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:19:54 PM

hi guys thanks for all your help but as I said I'm new to this so I don't actually own the wallet its a service I do not want to give the name just in case u guys are trying to rob me I just want help on how to obtain my coins back so if I have to contact the service provider itself then I will but there is my transaction id thanks for all your help tho but hate been new in the game tho lol

2f17e566778dacb444fcea555054b476b1cf9598b02819d0d9d6f0e22e80624d
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:27:05 PM

hi guys thanks for all your help but as I said I'm new to this so I don't actually own the wallet its a service I do not want to give the name just in case u guys are trying to rob me I just want help on how to obtain my coins back so if I have to contact the service provider itself then I will but there is my transaction id thanks for all your help tho but hate been new in the game tho lol

If it's a service then it's most likely an exchange or something of that sort were you can't access the private key. In most cases there is no way to recover the coins by yourself, only with help from the service. Also if you want an accurate answer then you should name of the service, it can't hurt because you're not actually giving away essential details to your specific wallet/account.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:33:19 PM

Contact their support and see if they can help you.
Without knowing the service we cannot help you any further than this. I don't think it's possible for us to steal funds from the service?
roger121 (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:38:44 PM

okay thanks a lot everyone I will try contact there support and see what they say if they come out with bull I will be back and give more info sorry just new to the game but u see the transaction has gone through I take it ?
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:54:39 PM

okay thanks a lot everyone I will try contact there support and see what they say if they come out with bull I will be back and give more info sorry just new to the game but u see the transaction has gone through I take it ?

Yes. The transaction has 78 confirmations.
They might take a few days to reply. If they come out with something stupid like they don't know how to do it or they don't have authorisation to do it, keep being persistent they'll have engineers that can easily resolve the issue and return the coins minus the transaction fees.
roger121 (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:57:29 PM

thats another thing in my electrum wallet I can go int watching only mode and I can see my money there but can't spend or do anything or is there a way round that
Aura

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:58:03 PM

It's your own decision, we don't force you to do it. The solution is the private key, with that you can access your BCH as the transaction already got through. I hope for you that the support will respond to your ticket.
fracas

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

Multiversum

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:59:37 PM

Hi bro. Did you try this?

- https://twitter.com/btccom_official/status/933682190424199169

BTCdotcom recovery service! You should try it! Maybe they help! Next time double check address!

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
TryNinja
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 11:01:55 PM

BTCdotcom recovery service! You should try it! Maybe they help! Next time double check address!
This only works if you sent BCH to a Segwit address. Since there is no Segwit in the BCH chain, those transactions are "anyone can spend" transactions.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:03:09 PM

No he didn't! He sent to a legacy/regular address. And also it was bitcoin he spent not bitcoin cash!

It's your own decision, we don't force you to do it. The solution is the private key, with that you can access your BCH as the transaction already got through. I hope for you that the support will respond to your ticket.
That post doesn't really make sense? Don't force him to do what?
Aura

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:07:21 PM

That post doesn't really make sense? Don't force him to do what?

He didn't want to name the service he sent the funds to. I meant to say that I don't for him to name the service, it just makes things easier. For example if he used a service like blockchain.info, then he is capable of recovering it himself.
fracas

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

Multiversum

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:11:07 PM

This only works if you sent BCH to a Segwit address. Since there is no Segwit in the BCH chain, those transactions are "anyone can spend" transactions.

My bad. I thought it worked in both directions. So the guy here has no way to recover it? Or maybe if he manage to reach Robin Hood miner?

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:22:33 PM

My bad. I thought it worked in both directions. So the guy here has no way to recover it? Or maybe if he manage to reach Robin Hood miner?

He needs to contact the services' support to see if they will voluntarily help him. If not then he should keep trying with them as they'll just give him the coins to get him to go away if he's persistant enough.
roger121 (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:26:29 PM

thanks for this guy taking in all the info u are saying so there is nothing electrum can do on there side then I take it ?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: