Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:22:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some problems of the merit system and solutions to improve it  (Read 310 times)
Baoo (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:11:19 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 10:58:12 PM by Baoo
Merited by EcuaMobi (2), The Sceptical Chymist (1), Aikidoka (1)

The problems of merit system :

1- Due to many posts in different sections, there are members who did not get points ( because  most users read the topic and just few posts ) even though there are acceptable quality posts in every topic ( As a matter of fact, in every  topic there are just 1 or 2 members who get a merit point )

2- People who have multiple accounts are manipulating the merit system  and making other members rank up.

3- The majority of points are sent to legendary members and the trusted ones and especially for those who know each other, even though they don’t need these points because they are at the highest rank.

The solutions to improve the merit system:

1-  Only the legendary ,VIP, Hero , and the trusted members will distribute the merit points
 (And it is necessary that those users will have a large proportion for distributing merit points ).

2- Newbies, members, full members, sr members  cannot send points but they can only accept merit points  to rank up.

3-  Because legendary users are at the highest rank and they don’t need these points to rank up,  the solution is to  delete the coordinate of merit from legendary, VIP profiles.
Therefore, they cannot get the merit point.

4- Why we don't give only higher ranked members, the ability to read the majority of the posts in most of  sections and give merit point to those who deserve it? let's do justice.
PS : Many will say that members of the highest rank ( legendary , hero..) do not have time to read many topics, in my opinion the solution is to give financial rewards to those who want to accept this mission .

5-  Reduction in required merit to rank up. So it becomes as follows :
Brand new :0             
Newbie :0    
Jr Member   :0    
Member :5
Full Member :50
Sr. Member :150  
Hero Member :300  
Legendary   : 700

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Husires
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1285

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 10:40:06 PM

6- Post every Wednesday (rank up post) for the members waiting to be rank up.
the merits sources reading  posts and giving merit points to those who deserve.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:47:51 PM
Merited by bitperson (1)

I dislike this.
The system is good as is, once the merit sources give you a merit, you get half of it, and when you send it, that person gets half of it until there are no more.
We can all participate in the system to make it a bit more decentralized.

Looking for a signature campaign.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 10:58:16 PM
Merited by Vod (2)

1- Due to many posts in different sections, there are members who did not get points ( because  most users read the topic and just few posts ) even though there are acceptable quality posts in every topic ( As a matter of fact, in every  topic there are just 1 or 2 members who get a merit point )
(...)
1-  Only the legendary ,VIP, Hero , and the trusted members will distribute the merit points
 (And it is necessary that those users will have a large proportion for distributing merit points ).
2- Newbies, members, full members, sr members  cannot send points but they can only accept merit points  to rank up.
If only Legendary, VIP and Hero members can grant merit points instead of everyone then the first problem you mention would be even worst.
The second part makes sense but I think we should wait longer to see if more sMerit points are required.

3-  Because legendary users are at the highest rank and they don’t need these points to rank up,  the solution is to  delete the coordinate of merit from legendary, VIP profiles.
Therefore, they cannot get the merit point.
Even though Legendary members can't rank up, I do think we should be able to get merit points. This helps distinguishing active members and encourages high-quality posts.
Besides, it could make a big difference if higher ranks are created in the future.

I think what you seek here is having more sMerits for low-rank members. What could make sense is forcing a percentage of sMerit to be sent to low-rank members to discourage sending only to older members.

4- Why we don't give only higher ranked members, the ability to read the majority of the posts in most of  sections and give merit point to those who deserve it? let's do justice.
PS : Many will say that members of the highest rank ( legendary , hero..) do not have time to read many topics, in my opinion the solution is to give financial rewards to those who want to accept this mission .
Again, all users should be able to give sMerit points, according to their rank or received merit points.
I think giving financial rewards for this could be abused too easily. People could join just for the reward, without actually reading more but just giving more sMerits to anyone.

5-  Reduction in required merit to rank up. So it becomes as follows :
Brand new             0
Newbie             0
Jr Member             0
Member            5
Full Member        50
Sr. Member         150
Hero Member      300
Legendary            700
Probably more time is required to see whether high-quality posters have too much problems ranking up. At the moment I think it's too early to say.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:58:59 PM

I disagree with this as well. In theory this system should work, but it does require those who are getting merit points will distribute them and fairly. Also, because of the way the system was implemented many legendary members haven't really contributed much except for posing in activity periods there's many of these legendary accounts who posted the majority of their posts in bounty threads and the like. Regardless of rank merit points indicate the quality of the users posts.

theymos can evaluate on the system in a few months time when there are more merit sources and people have run out of their initial merits.
cry4crypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 35

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:05:38 PM
Merited by Vod (1), EcuaMobi (1)

Why not just give the system in its current form a chance? It hasn't even been a week since it was introduced and there are already dozens of people complaining and proposing various improvements. Last I've heard forums were meant for exchanging views by definiton. Just bring value to the forum and don't focus on ranking up or hoarding merit.
pandukelana2712

Activity: 728
Merit: 1005

BountyPortal Supporter & Hhampuz is my manager

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:58:36 AM

I dont have any idea about your talking about, but I'm agree with Mr. Vod about this:
~

Why do you need to rank up?  The merit system was created to benefit those who want to talk bitcoin, not those that want to advance their rank....
That's wise words, and remind me...Why I'm in here...

Merit system and Rank system is different points, but this two system colaborated to improve your rank.
Merit system need quality posts to get it (high quality posts is better)
Rank system need your activity and merit system.
And as we know, user activity can get to easy abuse just by post-report bounty campaigns.

Let's talk about your opinion (your dream, eh)
There's two type topic that I know: Quality Topic and Garbage Topic.
If you posting something good at Quality Topics, you will helped by other members and give you some merit
But if you posting something good at Garbage Topics, who wants to see/read your posts in garbage place?

2- People who have multiple accounts are manipulating the merit system  and making other members rank up.
And they will stuck at their rank, nobody will help them by send a merit.

3- The majority of points are sent to legendary members and the trusted ones and especially for those who know each other, even though they don’t need these points because they are at the highest rank.
For my opinion, Legendary need it for distribute merit to those who deserve it. Legendary rank have more experience about technical and ecosystem in this forum than other users in here.

~snip~

There's no solution with your dream

Baoo (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:22:57 AM
Merited by pandukelana2712 (1)

I dont have any idea about your talking about, but I'm agree with Mr. Vod about this:
~

Why do you need to rank up?  The merit system was created to benefit those who want to talk bitcoin, not those that want to advance their rank....
That's wise words, and remind me...Why I'm in here...

Merit system and Rank system is different points, but this two system colaborated to improve your rank.
Merit system need quality posts to get it (high quality posts is better)
Rank system need your activity and merit system.
And as we know, user activity can get to easy abuse just by post-report bounty campaigns.

Let's talk about your opinion (your dream, eh)
There's two type topic that I know: Quality Topic and Garbage Topic.
If you posting something good at Quality Topics, you will helped by other members and give you some merit
But if you posting something good at Garbage Topics, who wants to see/read your posts in garbage place?

And they will stuck at their rank, nobody will help them by send a merit.

For my opinion, Legendary need it for distribute merit to those who deserve it. Legendary rank have more experience about technical and ecosystem in this forum than other users in here.

~snip~

There's no solution with your dream

Honestly, In the first period I was critical of this update, but now my opinion is completely changed and the truth that the merit system is going well and everyone must accept that change, but the problem is the majority of members are accustomed to rank easily, so everyone must deal with this update  and  all people should stop complaining . On the other hand , we should  give more effort to get merit points .
Well, I admit that at first I was wrong in some opinions, but from 29th January to 19th February, my idea about the merit system is completely changed.
So the merit system is going so well.
But I respect your opinion although it is a bit late.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: