Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:40:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to know if an ico is serious or not?  (Read 503 times)
FreezerKarl (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:43:00 PM

i wonder how do i recognize a serious ico and recognize ico misleading.

thanks!!!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KylesmomisaB

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

Toplancer.co | PreSale is LIVE | Get Your Bonus

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:49:14 PM

Serious ICO will have:

-product
-visible team
-clear roadmap
-alpha or MVP

Non serious ICO won't have any of these things all they will have is a WP and promises. Don't fall for that, most of these people won't follow through I would rather them have the stuff above before I look any further.

TOPLANCER.CO
Zero commission, Escrow payment & Dispute Settlements
PreSale GET YOUR BONUS JOIN NOW
The One Who Knocks

Activity: 41
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:53:48 PM

Serious ICO will have:

-product
-visible team
-clear roadmap
-alpha or MVP

Non serious ICO won't have any of these things all they will have is a WP and promises. Don't fall for that, most of these people won't follow through I would rather them have the stuff above before I look any further.
This. I will also advise you to search for every team member to see their past contributions in general and try to answer this most important question : why would I , as a company, want to implement this system? Is it pratical? does it make sense? Is there a market for this kind of project?

If you are able to do a great amount of research plus read the whitepaper, you're already way ahead of people that just buy whatever ICO they hear about.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:54:59 PM

thanks!!!!!
There are some aspects must be considered
1 team vision, this to take the business plan of ico itself
2 Whitepaper review to make sure the team is not copied the whitepaper from another existing project just like what already did by dadi and tron.
3 smartcontract and another code review, But this only can be done by expertise.
4 community review about the project itself because the community should be considered as very important place to get various information regarding ico. I think that majority of people in the community will have done analyzation for such ico too.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:09:02 PM

thanks!!!!!
Initial coin offering have been a very successufl and popular thing in the past few months, it is hard to see new ico not launching every week, with this wied variety of ico it is hard to tell the legit ones from the scammy ones, but there are few key thing that define a good ICO, first and far most important one is the goal of it, if its goal seems a bit unrealistic or hard to achive tahn you should not put high hopes to it and just avoiding putting your moeny, the whitepapper should be published and should be clear, a clear explanations of the project should be in it otherwise its sepcious, the team that is working on it shoud actually be legit, they must be capabe an qualifed and stated in the website, and not just a rondom group of people, these are the key things that you should look for when selecting an ICO to invest in, and it does not hurt to actaully ask people on the forum or anywhere else for it before puting your moeny.
Babyjamz3026

Activity: 361
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:23:56 PM

thanks!!!!!

I think for me the Dev or the team must be visible to their investors or community about they are planning with. The Whitepaper must be unique and very attractive for the community were it can attract their investors instantly. and should be active in Twitter, telegram, and their announcement thread or Main Ann section.
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:29:07 PM

Serious ICO will have:

-product
-visible team
-clear roadmap
-alpha or MVP

Along with having these things, you should also look into the content of the roadmap and goals of the project. Simply having these does not mean that the project would be a success immediately because some scam or ghost ICOs may conjure ghost roadmaps or dev teams. You should also check whether these are achievable or feasible. Some may have nice ideas, but in reality, may never actually realize because it is too bizarre or exaggerated.

KillyGon

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:33:37 PM

you can read whitepaper
and then dev team must reputable, good project and use campaign manager, sample tokenmarket
steins19

Activity: 275
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:38:29 PM

To know if an ICO is a serious one, first is to know its purpose. In order to do that you need to to properly research the background of an ICO. There are lots of articles that tells wether an ICO is a shit one or not so you have to got time to read those. And another thing take time to study about investing this will really help you a lot.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
ichsan ardi

Activity: 672

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:45:09 PM

thanks!!!!!

seious ico will have a good vision of where they wanna go. have a cmopetent member, clear whitepaper, and transparan in system. if u find of this criteria that's good ico.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
Crumple Cat

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:49:56 PM

Personally for me, it is often enough to check the Twitter profile of the project.
Its appearance and content speaks volumes.

bitcoinbox

Activity: 675
Merit: 254

So far so good

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:08:27 AM

I always check first:

1. The team - I like to see on the official website a LinkedIn link to check who they are, what they do, etc.
2. The whitepaper - It will tell you if the project is realistic, achievable
3. Is there an existing product or do they start from scratch?
4. The presentation of the project - Does it look professional?
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:15:18 AM

thanks!!!!!

You have to take a lot of reading and research. The first thing to do is to check the white paper, the most important part of it is the development team. Be sure that it stated the personal information about them and if they a real people. Check out the background and see wether they really made a previous project. Second would be, the technology behind the project. See to it hoq it work and if the timeframe is realistic.

You should also check some reviews about it, and wether influential people are getting themselves engage with it. Most importantly, you should have a background knowledge about the project. Be sure you really knoe why you are  buying.
mel0man781112

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:20:27 AM

you can read whitepaper
and then dev team must reputable, good project and use campaign manager, sample tokenmarket
Right way. You detect shitproject, just by whitepaper. Plus - read about team, if they are real, and does they have any experience.
Jerusareth

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:24:03 AM

Even you can answer that question though, a deep understanding to what you will gonna invest your money is the key to these, for me.

If you just search deeply to the team that will develop that said ICO and fully understand the whitepapers or any sort of proofs that they envision to the future of their company and to what is the main purpose to the masses that will make them grow eventually. Many people nowadays tend to just ride the boat of hype without thinking or searching to what it's all about.
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:31:16 AM

thanks!!!!!
Usually i choose the serious ICOs projects based on the community of ICOs, the activities of development of projects, the company behind of the projects, the experience of Dev team in the business related with the projects. The explanation of whitepaper of the projects and take all of any other information about the projects, to find all of the information taking large of time and we must be patient investment into the ICOs.
Chanock

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:34:27 AM

Legitimate ICOs offered a great platform that the investor encourage to invest money to their services or product. A serious ICO have a product or services offered to the people who want to engage on them. Another is visible team that seen on the official website which hand to hand giving an information and updates on the progress of the ICO. Also clear road map were the information and timeline of ICO seen. White paper of the ICO is one of the basis if ICO is legitimate because all of information are written on it and even the people who operate on the ICO. In white paper the complete information and vision were found and also it tell if the project is realistic and achievable.

Dimedroll

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:46:22 AM

First, I view video and site
Second, who are bounty manager (if less than hero than not good)
Third, there are many sites with ICO ratings, for example, icobench, icodrops and others
Sureness

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:49:33 AM

thanks!!!!!

seious ico will have a good vision of where they wanna go. have a cmopetent member, clear whitepaper, and transparan in system. if u find of this criteria that's good ico.

For me the only sure thing of finding a serious ico is if it not a scam. And if it is have a good quality of making people happy when it comes to finding a job.
shinjunobi09

Activity: 126
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:50:46 AM

For me these are the things I considered when I am checking the ICO's:
1. Background of the developer of the alternate coins, they must have a good credential for me to first earn my trust because after all if we suspect something from them, meaning they could scammers or fraudsters.
2. The market Goals needs to be somewhat supportive to the development and improvement of the Cryptocurrency community.
3. The market strategy to see and verify if they are really going on a right direction.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: