Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:16:25 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to know if an ico is serious or not?  (Read 510 times)
dg2010

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:29:18 AM

to know the quality a ICO, you have to read whitepaper and search in the Internet to know about the devs team, the advisors, the product or service. after that  contacting the members to ask the project. If everything is ok, you can invest in it.
audrey12

Activity: 210
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:52:24 AM

A good ICO provides complete information about the project same thing that the developers are always or most of the time available to discuss things that needs clarification another thing is that a good ICO are supported by most investors you can see their feedback to make your judgement more justifiable. There are lot's of ICO introduce in the market so we must learn how to pick the best one.
withche.07

Activity: 549
Merit: 259

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:39:28 AM

It is not so hard. You need to check your their team of developers on linkedin to be sure if it is safe. You should look for whitepaper. You need to check their suggesting costs if it is reliable.

[]
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
[|]
CryptoNews1

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:43:45 AM

Serious ICO will have:

-product
-visible team
-clear roadmap
-alpha or MVP

Non serious ICO won't have any of these things all they will have is a WP and promises. Don't fall for that, most of these people won't follow through I would rather them have the stuff above before I look any further.

Along with having these things, you should also look into the content of the roadmap and goals of the project. Simply having these does not mean that the project would be a success immediately because some scam or ghost ICOs may conjure ghost roadmaps or dev teams. You should also check whether these are achievable or feasible. Some may have nice ideas, but in reality, may never actually realize because it is too bizarre or exaggerated.

Agreed, but I would also look at the website and the project and check if it looks professionally. If it looks like it has been made over a day, then it doesn't look like the team put any effort in it
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:52:11 AM

I think the main parameter is probably your intuition, although most likely not only. Be sure to look at the team of developers who are engaged in the project. If you already know someone, it's good, if not, then probably you need to look at the people's testimonials.
kimimaki

Activity: 69

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:55:27 AM

Serious ICO will have:

-product
-visible team
-clear roadmap
-alpha or MVP

Non serious ICO won't have any of these things all they will have is a WP and promises. Don't fall for that, most of these people won't follow through I would rather them have the stuff above before I look any further.

Along with having these things, you should also look into the content of the roadmap and goals of the project. Simply having these does not mean that the project would be a success immediately because some scam or ghost ICOs may conjure ghost roadmaps or dev teams. You should also check whether these are achievable or feasible. Some may have nice ideas, but in reality, may never actually realize because it is too bizarre or exaggerated.

Agreed, but I would also look at the website and the project and check if it looks professionally. If it looks like it has been made over a day, then it doesn't look like the team put any effort in it

totally agree with you, many ico projects that just plagiarize the website from another project, it looks unprofessional, one more maybe you need to read the whitepapper and research the dev team project.
chelle5

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:56:05 AM

It is not that easy to whether or not a project is serious or not.Its up to you to find out.But if you really want check, carefully read their thread check out their team also.But to sum it up its just your luck dude.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
airdrophunter

Activity: 434

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:59:09 AM

It is not so hard. You need to check your their team of developers on linkedin to be sure if it is safe. You should look for whitepaper. You need to check their suggesting costs if it is reliable.

In addition to team-first, it is also a good indication that an ico is legit and would likely succeed if one or all of the team members have already past project that is also successful.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
Haunebu

Activity: 3094
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:17:00 AM

Serious ICO will have:

-product
-visible team
-clear roadmap
-alpha or MVP

Well put. The factors that you mentioned like product, clear roadmap etc are indeed some of the most important factors to identify whether the ICO is serious or not. The team needs to be experienced with the crypto world and they need to be transparent about the developments without a hidden premine etc and there is no need for them to reveal themselves honestly speaking.

Among the factors that you mentioned, I believe that the whitepaper and roadmap are the 2 most important factors to decide whether an ICO is serious or not and luck is also a crucial factor in this aspect.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:20:46 AM

Its really hard to know, sometimes very good project turn to scam.
Project idea must need in blockchain, try kick blockchain from project, if nothing changed after this, this is scam

GaxviiBuss

Activity: 155
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:26:20 AM

To know an ico serious or not, just looking for their product and team members. If they have release a beta product, then they serious with their project and that ico might very good. But if they just release their idea, then stay away because they might take yours money and leave.
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:41:24 AM

Its really hard to know, sometimes very good project turn to scam.
Project idea must need in blockchain, try kick blockchain from project, if nothing changed after this, this is scam
I got your point, because Im also a victim of Ico scam. Their ico project is all good with products, team, and always updated their plan to develop the project. So it is very necessary to think more whether the Ico is not a scam and be observant on their updates always before investing.
anti-scam

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

COINECT

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:08:19 AM

It is not that easy to whether or not a project is serious or not.Its up to you to find out.But if you really want check, carefully read their thread check out their team also.But to sum it up its just your luck dude.
I always read the white paper it is very important we can know they are serious or not.
then we can also see the team working on the project they have to connect with linkedin.
besides that good project always cooperate with big companies.

▄▄▓▓▄▄   ▄▓▓▓▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀    ▀▓▓▓▀   ▀▓▓▓▄
         ▄▓▓▀▀        ▐▓         ▀▓▓▓
         ▓▓   ░▓▓▒    ▐▓     ▓▓░   ▐▓
         ▓▓    ░▀▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▀▀    ▐▓
      ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▓▓▀     ▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▄   ▀▀    ▀▓▓░
    ▓▓        ▓▓▓░    ▐▓     ▀▓▓▄        ▓░
    ▓▓▄▄▄    ▐▓░   ▄▓▄▓▓▒▄▓▄   ▓▓░   ▄▄▄▄▓░
    ▓▓▀▀▀    ▐▓░   ▀▀▀▓▓▒▀▀    ▓▓░   ▀▀▀▒▓░
    ▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄   ▐▓    ▄▓▓▓▀       ░▓░
    ▀▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▄   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓▒   ▓▄   ▄▓▓▓░
        ▀▓▓▓▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓░   ▀▀▓▓▓▀░
         ▓▓    ▄▓▓▓   ▐▓    ▓▓▄░   ▐▓░░
         ▀▓▄   ▀▓     ▐▓     ▀▀   ▄▓▓░
           ▀▓▓▓▄      ▓▓░      ▄▓▓▀░
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░▓▓▓▄▓▓▓░
COINECT
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
AI-based decentralized
arbitrage trading system
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
█              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
KopiItem

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:17:46 AM

From my experiece,  for me how to know ICO is serious or not you should to know :
1. Roadmap
2. Team vision
3. Whitepaper
And also i usually wait until this ICO private sale,  if this ICO sold very rapidly i believe this ICO will be serious. Beside that good ico are often corporate with big companies or famous people in crypto's world.
And for me you just to check their team developers on linkedin to make sure it's really safe to join.
Lwtelencio

Activity: 253

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:24:57 AM

i wonder how do i recognize a serious ico and recognize ico misleading.

thanks!!!!!
My friend to recognize ICO if it's good was you shall do a research for the background of their project.Then you must joined the telegram if their communication was widely open then the team is participating always to the ICO project.
enjotan

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:29:19 AM

need long research to determine in the assessment of an ico. is not easy and we can only analyze and speculate because only the final result will be decisive. so all you have to do is, fill your life with the knowledge and experience of many ico.
otunayode

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:29:25 AM

The most important thing to watch out for in any ico is to be very observant about the roadmap and the delivery of such roadmap. Does the word and action of the ICO in question tally? Are they following their timeline? If the ICO team say things that are contradictory all the time, I would say that might be a bad ICO!

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
vendy86

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 08:48:04 AM

First u must check their whitepaper...all u need to know u can find in there.
Second find their hype at ico review site.
make a comparision from 1 site to other site.
more better if their ico have a good review at Crypto news.

iBlitz22

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:08:02 AM

Clear idealism, promising plans, unique and understandable functionality and also good team with background check so that you can still who are the people created this plan. Just like this new ICO which is called Daneel. Same as what I said about what a serious ICO is but also they a have a great potential in the future because of its wide-range platform. If you are going to understand their whitepaper you will see how great this ICO would be specially with our current technology.
shi07

Activity: 122
Merit: 15

Long Live BTC

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:31:00 PM

You can do it by reading their white paper. You have to assess the potential of the ICO you are investing. Its important that you know the product /service itself, the vision and the team behind it. Sometimes the marketing strategy carries the ICO if it gets the attention of the people then it's likely to succeed.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: