Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:38:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do new alt-projects choose Slack or Telegram instead of Discord?  (Read 96 times)
OriginTrain (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:41:33 AM

The issue with Slack is that it's invaded with spammers that are uncontrollable. But rather than migrate to Discord most projects have migrated to Telegram. The issue now in telegram is every major project is littered with hundreds of speculators talking about exchange listings all day, flooding any other form of discussion. There is often no other chat for any newly released ICO project other than about exchange listings.

Why can project teams not use Discord where a Trading / Speculation channel can be created for the speculators/exchange enthusiasts, and other channels for core project discussion? Projects that use Discord are normally much better organized for their official chat channels. You can create separate channels in the server; one for trading, one for bounty hunters, one for development etc. I feel a lot of conversation is getting lost due to the sea of irrelevant posts on Telegram in every single new ICO I've participated in.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DesmondHayes

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:22:48 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 01:34:49 AM by DesmondHayes

Slack is currently in first place, Discord on second and Telegram on forth. People are choosing the Slack because it is allowing the integration of other tools like the Gifthub, Dropbox and so on..Centralized event feed can be leaden there.

Connection with the other tools is slightly lower with the Discord and because of that users are migrating to the Slack.

Telegram will fall even lower because it is not the fully open source.

Below are the links to the comparison between them:

https://www.slant.co/versus/4568/5637/~telegram_vs_discord

https://www.slant.co/versus/4553/4568/~slack_vs_telegram

https://www.slant.co/versus/4553/5637/~slack_vs_discord

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
xiaoxz

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:33:31 AM

Yes, I have the same doubts as yours. The slack is too fragile and vulnerable to intrusion. If you have multiple channels, you need to create multiple groups in Telegram. The discord seems to combine the advantages of both. I would also like to know why too.
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1038
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:41:29 AM

Telegram has risen to become a popular gathering place.
Mobile verification code for signing in is easier and to some extent solves the problem of alt accounts.
In that way the group will always have the primary and active account of the person.
shandi albert

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

FXPay.io

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:46:21 AM

Not all telegram channels speak only of exchange, they may simply bill the promise that a specific date will be listed in '' market'' but in fact '' delay ''..
And that's the investor's right to ask because they've poured the money into ICO..I think it's fair to ask the market question.

Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:51:20 AM

The last time I've been using Slack there was an allert about scammers that are making a fake accounts of the project devs and phishing for something or just spreading fake news. IMO Slack is untrustworthy. IMO the only advantage of telegram (if we are not counting their srcret chats) is stickes, some of them are realy cool. On everything else Discord is way better, I think it is not so popular because it is advertised more as a gaming application.
Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:53:55 AM

Slack is currently in first place, Discord on second and Telegram on forth. People are choosing the Slack because it is allowing the integration of other tools like the Gifthub, Dropbox and so on..Centralized event feed can be leaden there.

Connection with the other tools is slightly lower with the Discord and because of that users are migrating to the Slack.

Telegram will fall even lower because it is not the fully open source.

Below are the links to the comparison between them:

https://www.slant.co/versus/4568/5637/~telegram_vs_discord

https://www.slant.co/versus/4553/4568/~slack_vs_telegram

https://www.slant.co/versus/4553/5637/~slack_vs_discord

Not any project now use slack to communicate all of the development because slack channel is fully by scammers.
You said discord is number 1, i dont agree with this. Discord is much more difficult to use and i see not so many project use discord.
And i think telegram is the first one. Any of altcoin project use this telegram at the first place and its very easy to use.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:54:02 AM

The issue with Slack is that it's invaded with spammers that are uncontrollable. But rather than migrate to Discord most projects have migrated to Telegram. The issue now in telegram is every major project is littered with hundreds of speculators talking about exchange listings all day, flooding any other form of discussion. There is often no other chat for any newly released ICO project other than about exchange listings.

Why can project teams not use Discord where a Trading / Speculation channel can be created for the speculators/exchange enthusiasts, and other channels for core project discussion? Projects that use Discord are normally much better organized for their official chat channels. You can create separate channels in the server; one for trading, one for bounty hunters, one for development etc. I feel a lot of conversation is getting lost due to the sea of irrelevant posts on Telegram in every single new ICO I've participated in.
I see that, A lot of speculators or even spammers in telegram also just like slack. But Majority of people are not familiar with discord. Telegram is easy to use, and it just needs phone verification to sign up in the telegram.

I guess people are looking for easy way to communicate with the team and telegram is including on the list.
The project can manage the telegram group by give some moderators on it to control the conversation in the telegram group.
For me, discord is a bit more complicated rather than telegram.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: