Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:45:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What altcoins do you prefer for middle range?  (Read 149 times)
Smorodsky (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:57:29 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 08:27:29 AM by Smorodsky

Im thinking to put 10 thousand dollars in different altcoins, what do you suggest me? What to buy? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
RooKIED

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:21:50 AM

Im thinking to put 10 thousand dollars in different altcoins, what do you suggest me? What to buy? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
MDX, HempCoin, eth, ripple, btc cash

UZIzzzz

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:25:50 AM

I suggest you divide it into two parts.
Some invest in ICO projects, because ICO tends to make amazing profits.
Others invest in altcoin, such as ETH,NEO,ADA.
But remember, the risk are high.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Smorodsky (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:33:39 AM

Where do you invest?
enjotan

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:34:47 AM

you can try from ethereum, the rest you share for some other altcoin. there are many choices nowadays, red market, it's best time to hunt. but remember, every investment you must be prepared with the risks. try to get around the market, and look for the right altcoin for you to buy.
sparg

Activity: 280
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:35:41 AM

If you have to ask then dont invest that money because you will loose it.
Before investing do some research on the forum. You have the search bar that is very usefull for newbies and readd about wallets, exchanges and investing.
After that do a little research about holders and about traders to figure out wich one would you like to be. My recommandation is to be a holder if you do not have any experience in trading.
And after all this research you see that you dont have to ask people for the coins that you will buy. You will know!

otunayode

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:38:33 AM

I usually don't advice on what people should do with their money but I will take exception to advising you on ethereum. We have seen how huge cryptocurrency that solve problem can become. Bitcoin was a perfect example last year. Ethereum has all the function and tools that can make it even become very valuable. So buy ether if you can!

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
Smorodsky (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:47:24 AM

MDX, HempCoin, eth, ripple, btc cash
I already invested 1000 in MDX! Very very very porspective project! Need something new!
AlexaSonda

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:48:23 AM

maybe you can consider monetha, now nonetha price is only $0.26 and I am sure after the month of march its price will explode. because in march MVP will be launched and this will affect the price of monetha to pump hard.
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:52:28 AM

One can argue that there are many altcoins worth buying but I beg to differ. Only a few from the 1500 altcoins/tokens listed are worth a second look. How tho choose one?

These are my criteria:

You'll need to devote a significant amount of time to study several projects.

These are my criteria:

- Premined or not?

Premined coins are too suspicious. The devs take an initial big slice for themselves always justifying that with some philosophical rhetoric but there are many past examples of total scam coins using this scheme.  

- ICO or no ICO?

I don't like ICOs, I prefer to invest in an already ongoing project with given proof of stability and endurance. I'm not saying all ICOs are scams, but same of them are for sure!

- How old is the coin?

In my book, if a coin is still being actively traded after 3/4 years of existence, this has to mean something; there is a faithful community behind it.

- Is it still being actively developed?

Following the previous point, if after 3/4 years the coin still has a dev team committed to it with real plans for the future, then it has a real project!

- Does it have any real use besides pure pump and dump speculation?

Is the coin being used for any kind of purchases? If not, are there any plans for it? Otherwise, it will only be a play toy for trading.

- Does it have an active and large community?

How large is the community? Is it still active or everybody left a long time ago?

- Is it PoW of PoS?

Proof of Work is a dead end, the power consumption is obscene. Not viable for the average domestic crypto enthusiast. Proof of Stake can be done with a Rasberry Pi Grin

- Fully functioning wallet?

Some coins have terrible wallets, unstable, not user friendly. This is a key factor, the software has to be in line with the state of the art crypto developments.

- What is the current marketcap?

A coin already above 100mil might not be the best bet if you can find a good one below 100 mil with a good growth perspective.

- What is the current/total coin supply?

Scarcity might prove to be an added value in the long run if you are planning to hold a coin and leave it for your kids!

Conclusion?

I would buy 25% BTC, 25% ETH and 50% on PoS v3 coins.

BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 08:55:51 AM

if i where you i will put it in the coin that have some good potential like ethereum litecoin
the price of it also increase a lot long term but like any other investment there always a risk so just invest what you can afford to lose

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
RooKIED

Activity: 263

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:59:42 AM

One can argue that there are many altcoins worth buying but I beg to differ. Only a few from the 1500 altcoins/tokens listed are worth a second look. How tho choose one?

These are my criteria:

You'll need to devote a significant amount of time to study several projects.

These are my criteria:

- Premined or not?

Premined coins are too suspicious. The devs take an initial big slice for themselves always justifying that with some philosophical rhetoric but there are many past examples of total scam coins using this scheme.  

- ICO or no ICO?

I don't like ICOs, I prefer to invest in an already ongoing project with given proof of stability and endurance. I'm not saying all ICOs are scams, but same of them are for sure!

- How old is the coin?

In my book, if a coin is still being actively traded after 3/4 years of existence, this has to mean something; there is a faithful community behind it.

- Is it still being actively developed?

Following the previous point, if after 3/4 years the coin still has a dev team committed to it with real plans for the future, then it has a real project!

- Does it have any real use besides pure pump and dump speculation?

Is the coin being used for any kind of purchases? If not, are there any plans for it? Otherwise, it will only be a play toy for trading.

- Does it have an active and large community?

How large is the community? Is it still active or everybody left a long time ago?

- Is it PoW of PoS?

Proof of Work is a dead end, the power consumption is obscene. Not viable for the average domestic crypto enthusiast. Proof of Stake can be done with a Rasberry Pi Grin

- Fully functioning wallet?

Some coins have terrible wallets, unstable, not user friendly. This is a key factor, the software has to be in line with the state of the art crypto developments.

- What is the current marketcap?

A coin already above 100mil might not be the best bet if you can find a good one below 100 mil with a good growth perspective.

- What is the current/total coin supply?

Scarcity might prove to be an added value in the long run if you are planning to hold a coin and leave it for your kids!

Conclusion?

I would buy 25% BTC, 25% ETH and 50% on PoS v3 coins.
What PoS v3 coins yould suggest him?

andor.gellenhidi

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:33:29 AM

I do not remember if I have already said anything in this topic, but I think it will not be superfluous if I say that for these purposes I prefer a few coins and they usually bring profit to DECRED and OPUS, although recently the OPUS has been pretty pumped up.
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:07:01 AM

Maybe you can follow my portfolio, that is:
  • Ripple
  • Cardano
  • Stellar
  • NEM
  • IOTA
  • ICON

Among the coins / tokens I mentioned above, I strongly believe Stellar will be pumped in the middle of this year.
Note: this is my list of portfolio coins, you may follow but I do not want or will be responsible in case of a significant price reduction on the list of coins / tokens in my portfolio.
Delilonia1

Activity: 463
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 11:25:16 AM

There are lots of coins out there intact some will do their airdrop as they do the ICO...but one superb one to try out is dock project which has a great community and superb team... Check their website for more details https://dock.io

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
Daria_daria1992

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:44:50 AM

Did you read the forum at all before writing?  Every day there are such discussions.  To invest your money, you will need time to learn the altcoins.  Or will you just see the names of the coins that you will be advised and buy without looking?  I'm not sure.  In your portfolio, there must be bitcoin, and the remaining altcoins are only your choice, your study and your analysis. 

[/center]
michael shikany

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:48:56 AM

ADA, QTUM, ACT, HSR.
I think these are my investment plans, because they are low in price, and I think they still have a big increase, you can refer to them.

hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:05:27 PM

Electroneum, Eth and xrp; All are good coins. The first one being truly geared towards mass adoption with their simulated mobile mining. Meanwhile, Eth is a classic coin which can almost be considered as a store of value like btc. They have not yet implemented sharding but the price might blow up if that happens. Lastly, xrp--a centralized crypto. yeah, it contradicts the concept of cryptocurrencies but profit is profit. Banks can, and will pump the heck out of this coin simply because they can print money all they want. Anw, these are all not invesment advices, just my 2 cents.
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:30:18 PM

I agree that you need to divide the investment into several parts. Half of them can be invested in Bitcoins and distribute the remainders to altcoins. But I do not see much risk in investing because the crypto world is very volatile and if the price is not too high now it does not mean that it will not grow tomorrow. I think the only danger is the wrong choice of a wallet.
Delilonia1

Activity: 463

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 03:32:04 PM

If left to me I would say you should invest in some ICO projects too like dock project (check for more details on their website here https://dock.io) and then invest in ethereum

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: