Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:50:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If you were a parent, would you teach your kid about BTC?  (Read 142 times)
alia (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 115

Lowest EVER interest lending! (Use escrow always)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:09:32 AM

Please do answer even if you currently are a parent, I'd love to know whether or not you are actively educating your children about BTC or not.

My hypothetical question is, if you were a parent, would you teach your kid about BTC? Or, if you were a school principal, would you incorporate bitcoin and blockchain technology in the school curriculum?

99% of the world's wealth is held by people above the age of 40 - they are hogging up resources, power, and land, and will be dead in the next half century. The children of today are the ones who will be left on earth with depleted resources, and will have to fend for themselves. The only way to usurp a section that controls 99% of the planet's wealth is to create new systems, and bitcoin is perhaps the most significance. Its effect on children and the new generation will be astronomical, and it will play a crucial role in fixing the current generational power imbalance, especially in terms of wealth.

Lowest interest lending in bitcointalk history. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2846750.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:15:26 AM

Yes, bitcoin is the future of currency, halfway.
as of today, bitcoin is really amazing and popular with most people all around the world.
I will teach my children how to have bitcoin and how can they have more of it.
I have a girl and a boy, introducing not just bitcoin to them but the whole cryptocurrency is the best to share with them.
and I will tell them to have ethereum and waves for their future.
why ethereum instead of bitcoin? as we can see the price of bitcoin and eth we can tell 100% that ethereum can give us more profit in the future.
alia (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 115

Lowest EVER interest lending! (Use escrow always)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:17:24 AM

Oops, I posted this in the wrong place. I'll just leave it here in case anyone wants to discuss.

Lowest interest lending in bitcointalk history. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2846750.0
Algochain

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:55:27 PM

Great question!

We think it is imperative to teach our children about BTC!
pjhom

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:04:55 PM

I have 4 kids - 3 teenagers.  I have tried repeatedly to teach them about Crypto - their eyes start to glaze over a couple minutes into the conversation. 
richelle87

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:37:23 PM

Although I'm not a parent as of now, but I would love to teach my future kids about BTC. It will help them know more about cryptocurrency (specifically BTC) at their young age and they will know how to invest and use cryptocurrencies as they grow old.
ronbt

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:42:51 PM

About BTC maybe, but with focus on blockchain technology which is a really good investment for the future.
flyingplows

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:13:37 PM

A child will stumble upon Bitcoin (and crypto currencies in general) while surfing the Internets on it's own. There is no need to somehow force it. After mass adoption of cryptos it will be a commodity like money, and the knowledge of this will come without any special lessons. The lesson you should give though is to not be overly excited about it when a child starts asking, because there is much to lose, not only to gain here because of volatility.

BtcGeorghiou

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:52:37 PM

I don't just stop with kids. I love teaching my Wife, Mom, siblings, and really everyone I know. I think it's important for them to learn, but I think if everyone shares their knowledge it'll be for the good of crypto. It's going to be awhile before the average person really understands what it is and that it's not monopoly money.
mcs_john

Activity: 68
Merit: 1

Share your merit with me if I was helpful :)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:09:18 PM

Yes, as a potential parent I would teach my kid about crypto and blockchain, like I did with my wife.
But as a school principal probably not or not before asking the parents because you might get in conflict with parents which do not have any kind of understanding of the crypto world and heard a lot about how BTC is used for drugs, betting, a Ponzi scheme or any other bad things circulating on the web.

GLOBCOIN │ THE CURRENCY OF GLOBAL VILLAGE │GLOBCOIN (http://www.globcoin.io/)
SergioW

Activity: 45
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:12:41 PM

I will surely give some insights about BTC my 8-year old son. I think I will introduce BTC along with the game, and yes, that might be Monopoly.
We do sometime invent different names for those "monopoly-money" instead of those written in the manual.

I consider BTC as one tool for people exchanging their work results. To my mind it would be interesting for my child having additional knowledge that invented money do convert into real life.  Wink
ZeroDrifting

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:48:20 AM

I explained to my 15-year-old cousin how to trade at Paxful.com and what is surprising is that he is way more better than me
tikalbong

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:54:08 AM

Please do answer even if you currently are a parent, I'd love to know whether or not you are actively educating your children about BTC or not.

My hypothetical question is, if you were a parent, would you teach your kid about BTC? Or, if you were a school principal, would you incorporate bitcoin and blockchain technology in the school curriculum?

99% of the world's wealth is held by people above the age of 40 - they are hogging up resources, power, and land, and will be dead in the next half century. The children of today are the ones who will be left on earth with depleted resources, and will have to fend for themselves. The only way to usurp a section that controls 99% of the planet's wealth is to create new systems, and bitcoin is perhaps the most significance. Its effect on children and the new generation will be astronomical, and it will play a crucial role in fixing the current generational power imbalance, especially in terms of wealth.

Yes ofcourse, I will not deprive them from learning this new way of earning some money. But ofcourse I will also encourage my kids to go to school and get a degree.

A R B I T A O         THE NEW WAY OF ARBITRAGE TRADING     
█          [   PRE-SALE starts on   J u l y   1 s t   ]       ❱ ❱ ❱   WHITEPAPER          █
───────     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     ───────
Bryan_Trader

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:24:42 AM

About BTC maybe, but with focus on blockchain technology which is a really good investment for the future.

Could not agree more with this. BTC alone is not enough since it is too specific. Blockchain is the future. Many companies now a days already consider creating business in blockchain technology
Boknoi321

Activity: 119

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:26:08 AM

kids nowadays will easily understand the process of BTC as long as you guide them and give them the proper process, it is good for them to know more about cryptocurrency.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: