Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:38:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the advantages of announcing in bitcointalk  (Read 152 times)
ridertiger (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:43:11 AM

What are advantages of announcing your token in bitcointalk? I would appreciate a list. Also, what are the advantages of running a bounty campaign?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pablito1989

Activity: 238
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:44:03 AM

Well, bitcointalk actually is THE forum.. (crypto related)
So, annuncing it here helps a lot in terms of advertising.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 10:51:04 AM

Well, bitcointalk actually is THE forum.. (crypto related)
So, annuncing it here helps a lot in terms of advertising.

Well that sums it up. Smiley

btw - don't forget that there are a couple of sub-boards where you can still talk about Bitcoin and the Bitcoin economy.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
cryptbit.man

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:36:34 PM

It's mainly marketing and feedback.
ridertiger (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:16:51 PM

I am very much aware what it is about, note that I am a full member. I am asking for a pitch. When approaching an ICO marketing manager, what arguments can I use to convince him that this would be significantly useful for his campaign?
Mevz

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:53:39 PM

I am very much aware what it is about, note that I am a full member. I am asking for a pitch. When approaching an ICO marketing manager, what arguments can I use to convince him that this would be significantly useful for his campaign?

So you are trying to say that you're making an announcement thread on someone that planning to launch an ICO and your thinking on what you could say more helpful to that project when you do that for them.

You could simply say that you could carry more investors by the use of that, and you can spread the name of the token by the use of some bounties that you would manage.

Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:19:32 PM

What are advantages of announcing your token in bitcointalk? I would appreciate a list.
a place for announcing developments, receiving feedbacks, and other communications related to the token project
basically for better exposure to the crypto world, users and communities

Also, what are the advantages of running a bounty campaign?
advertising... promoting... publicizing...
even more exposure to the world outside crypto communities by spreading the info on several social media platform
which opens up a possibility of a chance on getting coverage by other crypto news media groups
also a way to attract new crypto users joining and investing (buying the token) in the project
all those for purpose of gathering fund for the ICO  Grin Tongue

SayNumo

Activity: 62
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:40:09 PM
Merited by ridertiger (1)

I see a few advantages of announcing the new coin on the forum.

1 - FEEDBACK: Bitcointalk has a lot of users who will tear your idea apart if it's bad, provide suggestions and market validation for the idea if it's good, and ask a ton of questions regardless, which would benefit the upcoming project a ton — the ICO team will be able to see (and hopefully patch) holes in their plans if there are any. You might think you don't need others' opinions, but you do; external feedback with unbiased eyes is extremely helpful in any project so that you don't end up not seeing the forest for the trees.

2 - ACCOUNTABILITY: Announcing on the forum will keep the ICO team accountable, as the ANN post essentially provides a direct way for users to not only comment on the project and hopefully get involved as token buyers eventually, but also to hold the team accountable if they end up being scammy, shady or evasive in any way. Even if it's just to warn other users to stay away from a particular ICO, that's still huge. Now, that might not sound attractive to an ICO manager, but if their project is legit, what do they have to be afraid of? Announcing on Bitcointalk is a great way to build trust with users because the forum is a respected source of information on anything crypto-related.

3 - MARKETING: As a poster above said, Bitcointalk is THE forum, and your project will get a lot of eyeballs on it even before it gets buried with all the other ANN posts. If the ICO manager monitors the topic and answers all questions from users, the topic will stay alive, drawing more people's attention, more interest and sell more people on the idea. Free marketing! All of this, of course, assuming that the ICO is any good.

Last but not least,

4 - BOUNTY: If the ICO is planning a bounty campaign, I can't think of a better place to recruit participants of any forum rank and level, no matter what type of campaign you want to run. Again, due to the sheer number of people who visit the forum regularly.

With regards to bounty campaigns, the advantages come from exposure: you essentially recruit a free army of users willing to amplify the message about your project in hopes of receiving a reward later. It's like getting a loan on your marketing. The danger is spamming and low-quality posting though, which in my eyes is a pretty big disadvantage.
ridertiger (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:25:57 PM

Thank you:
Merit sent!
Recent merit sent
Today at 10:25:27 PM: 1 to SayNumo for Re: What are the advantages of announcing in bitcointalk

I see a few advantages of announcing the new coin on the forum.

1 - FEEDBACK: Bitcointalk has a lot of users who will tear your idea apart if it's bad, provide suggestions and market validation for the idea if it's good, and ask a ton of questions regardless, which would benefit the upcoming project a ton — the ICO team will be able to see (and hopefully patch) holes in their plans if there are any. You might think you don't need others' opinions, but you do; external feedback with unbiased eyes is extremely helpful in any project so that you don't end up not seeing the forest for the trees.

2 - ACCOUNTABILITY: Announcing on the forum will keep the ICO team accountable, as the ANN post essentially provides a direct way for users to not only comment on the project and hopefully get involved as token buyers eventually, but also to hold the team accountable if they end up being scammy, shady or evasive in any way. Even if it's just to warn other users to stay away from a particular ICO, that's still huge. Now, that might not sound attractive to an ICO manager, but if their project is legit, what do they have to be afraid of? Announcing on Bitcointalk is a great way to build trust with users because the forum is a respected source of information on anything crypto-related.

3 - MARKETING: As a poster above said, Bitcointalk is THE forum, and your project will get a lot of eyeballs on it even before it gets buried with all the other ANN posts. If the ICO manager monitors the topic and answers all questions from users, the topic will stay alive, drawing more people's attention, more interest and sell more people on the idea. Free marketing! All of this, of course, assuming that the ICO is any good.

Last but not least,

4 - BOUNTY: If the ICO is planning a bounty campaign, I can't think of a better place to recruit participants of any forum rank and level, no matter what type of campaign you want to run. Again, due to the sheer number of people who visit the forum regularly.

With regards to bounty campaigns, the advantages come from exposure: you essentially recruit a free army of users willing to amplify the message about your project in hopes of receiving a reward later. It's like getting a loan on your marketing. The danger is spamming and low-quality posting though, which in my eyes is a pretty big disadvantage.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: