Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:52:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Asicminer Blade bridge connector / stand  (Read 1782 times)
atomriot (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 05:23:33 PM

So i have a few blades and wanted to do something to help cool them. I was then thinking about how the new Apple Mac Pro has an interesting cooled scenario and thought it would be cool if i could replicate that.

basically there is a big fan on top, and the components that get hot are attached to a triangular heatsink that the fan sucks air through.

if i had an adapter or bridge connector of some sort, I could emulate the same type of setup with 3 blade by having their heatsinks facing in and then have a large fan on top and bottom, 1 pushing 1 pulling air. where the bridge adapter comes in to play is with the network and control board. if there was an adapter that simply made a U shape but gave enough room behind the blades so that air could pass over the tops of the asic chips, then a case could be constructed in a similar way as the new mac pro which seems like it would be an efficient way to cool these things down.

any one know (probably a friedcat question) what the middle connectors are for the blades? I guess really i just need to try and make something but this is just a what-if scenario since my pvc frame is doing its job now (although less than attractively)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: