Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:41:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: John MacAfee - A scam artist?  (Read 166 times)
mikeey89 (OP)

Activity: 129
Merit: 11

Blockchain enthusiast

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:37:44 AM

John Mcafee is known for doing coin and ICO of the week for a while now. I have seen evidence before that this is paid advertising before, and now new information came out that he also is using his Twitter followers to earn some easy and dirty money.

He's been using his large Twitter reach and "security expert" name to create a pump and dump in which he tweets out a coin of the week.

The issue has become is he is now not only pre-buying the coins himself to dump on his followers, but he now sells the calls to people before hand, for a price of which you can negotiate in the DMs.

Bots have been a common issue when he had some credibility, so he used to make ways to block the bots from catching on, well now he tries to make it easy for the bots as people don't buy his junk pumps anymore that he presells to people as "leaks", so he wants the bots to buy up his bags at a premium, and then himself and the people he sold the coinpick to then dump on all these people.

The reddit user /u/Goku900000 has been able to leak both of the previous 2 calls that Mcafee has made.

This man has one of the biggest names in crypto and is taking advantage of new investors.

Don't be a fool to follow him blindly. Make up your on mind before buying into any cryptocurrencies. I see a lot of people buying without doing any research at all, and those are the ones that gets burned the most.

What do you think about him? I would be very careful about following his advices. Remember to always to your research!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SaoAccel

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:44:27 PM

John Mcafee is known for doing coin and ICO of the week for a while now. I have seen evidence before that this is paid advertising before, and now new information came out that he also is using his Twitter followers to earn some easy and dirty money.

He's been using his large Twitter reach and "security expert" name to create a pump and dump in which he tweets out a coin of the week.

The issue has become is he is now not only pre-buying the coins himself to dump on his followers, but he now sells the calls to people before hand, for a price of which you can negotiate in the DMs.

Bots have been a common issue when he had some credibility, so he used to make ways to block the bots from catching on, well now he tries to make it easy for the bots as people don't buy his junk pumps anymore that he presells to people as "leaks", so he wants the bots to buy up his bags at a premium, and then himself and the people he sold the coinpick to then dump on all these people.

The reddit user /u/Goku900000 has been able to leak both of the previous 2 calls that Mcafee has made.

This man has one of the biggest names in crypto and is taking advantage of new investors.

Don't be a fool to follow him blindly. Make up your on mind before buying into any cryptocurrencies. I see a lot of people buying without doing any research at all, and those are the ones that gets burned the most.

What do you think about him? I would be very careful about following his advices. Remember to always to your research!
I would surely give you a merit for this but don't have Smerit. IMO, i think he is the only person gaining from his pumps because he buys first hand before making the call. Then, he will dump it while people are blindly buying the overvalued coin. Well it's always better to do some research first for a win win outcome.
ICO Lancer

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 12:45:58 PM

Not sure if I'd call him a scam artist but I wouldn't be surprised if he screwed over people for his own profit or participated in a pump and dump or two lol... Grin

I mean this is the guy behind mcafee anti virus after all!
magiccarpett

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:49:01 PM

i will never trust him or touch one of his promoted coins or icos. i mean who uses mcafee software today? he needs money and thats why he promote coins and get paid for it. which serious businessman posts some private tattoo shit?

Requim

Activity: 166
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:49:48 PM

I totally agree with you. Actually it's better to consider McAfee a good market manipulator. He can influence a lot of people by just announcing his coin of the week. And most people trusts his announcement because he is well-known. Actually he is smart, it's not his fault why people are buying his tricks. Of course people should be aware that in that kind of signal scheme, usually people who announces pump and dump schemes always do the buying and selling first to gain more.
magiccarpett

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:53:29 PM

I totally agree with you. Actually it's better to consider McAfee a good market manipulator. He can influence a lot of people by just announcing his coin of the week. And most people trusts his announcement because he is well-known. Actually he is smart, it's not his fault why people are buying his tricks. Of course people should be aware that in that kind of signal scheme, usually people who announces pump and dump schemes always do the buying and selling first to gain more.

yeah but also smart people invest in his coins. because they know that the coin will be pumped. but they exits before dumping. thats the strategy.
aliman00

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:55:15 PM

Everyone is scam artist if they are given that power. John got his followers and I bet if anyone else got his followers will do exactly the same. Just take a look at youtubers that promoted bitconnect. But there is some justice here in world as they are getting sued Tongue I feel sorry for people getting caught in their scam but I hope youtubers and everyone else involved in bitconnect scam will be caught and stripped off all their scam assets.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Benkortan

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:08:54 PM

Nothing new. Manipulation will always exists where the money is flowing.
But the coin, that John promotes, could be goo for real.
Researching on your own is always a good thing to do.
vikkis

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:35:09 PM

There are reasons to believe that John McAfee piarite coins for money and sells this information on the side.
If it will be proved in court, he can go to prison for a long time, at the same time it will appear very negative for the market of crypto-currency
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:45:16 PM

Rather than calling him a scam artist, I would title him as a 'headline manipulator'. Ever since he entered the altcoin scene and began calling shots, no wonder did a larger majority of investors lean towards his side of things. Having his first few calls being largely profitable, people began following him and this put him up on a pedestal, above many experienced predictors.
Having sort of a grip of things given to him by his so called followers, he is making use of this in order to reap in more money for himself and this will continue to happen as long as he keeps his followers deluded to think that his predictions are highly accurate, which is not always the case.
LUCKY21

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:46:21 PM

Simply this is another manipulation in the market of crypto-currencies. He is paid money. He advertises a coin. The price of the coin rises. Those who ordered advertising - sell their coins at the peak of prices. As a result, the most common manipulation is obtained.
callumzzz123

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:46:26 PM

He loves a pump and dump
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: