Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:31:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 errors when buying crypto currency  (Read 1257 times)
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:58:19 PM

I think one of the most error on buying in cryptocurrency is buying at the high price. We should take time in buying if coins is at high value in the market, because its tendency is to go down the price because its volatilitu, so it is no more profitable when it happens.
In essence, all the mistakes highlighted by OP in exception of the 5th one, were hitting on the need for any trader to first acquire the right trading knowledge and skills before ever embarking on trading, because that's where the road map to well informed trading decisions emanates from. Beyond that, the common mistake most trader commit, is that of failing to realize that the market has a mind of its own and so would most often go contrary to expectations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:05:09 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2018, 03:15:11 AM by drachman

Great post OP to this I will add another mistake and that is buying coins that do not have a reason to exist at all, we see many projects out there and many do not have demand or even the need to use a blockchain, so these kind of projects despite not being an outright scam are simply unneeded and are there just for the devs to earn money and for speculators to try to get money out of people.
Hannahanto

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:42:45 PM

Great post OP to this I will add another mistake and that is buying coins that do not have a reason to exist at all, we see any projects out there and many do not have demand or even the need to use a blockchain, so these kind of projects despite not being an outright scam are simply unneeded and are there just for the devs toe earn money and for speculators to try to get money out of people.

Yes. Good contribution to this forum. We have so many threads under Bitcoin discussion repeating the same questions like when to buy / sell / ideas on trading / when and where to invest and etc. Such questions even considered as shit threads / spam threads. Keep this thread highlighted. Kindly provide every day's buy and sell strategy which will make investors aware of current situation. This would even support the posters contribute quality posts as well. More to go. Good dude.
SparrowMano

Activity: 106
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:47:58 PM

It is true that most of the time we are informed too late and we tend to buy back to the top
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:45:05 PM

Great post OP to this I will add another mistake and that is buying coins that do not have a reason to exist at all, we see any projects out there and many do not have demand or even the need to use a blockchain, so these kind of projects despite not being an outright scam are simply unneeded and are there just for the devs toe earn money and for speculators to try to get money out of people.

Yes. Good contribution to this forum. We have so many threads under Bitcoin discussion repeating the same questions like when to buy / sell / ideas on trading / when and where to invest and etc. Such questions even considered as shit threads / spam threads. Keep this thread highlighted. Kindly provide every day's buy and sell strategy which will make investors aware of current situation. This would even support the posters contribute quality posts as well. More to go. Good dude.
I agree that this is way more informative since it do have visuals giving out some informations on how market moves and the possible actions that we should made but I would say this kind of movement doesn't happen anytime or do always be followed we do know on how volatile the cryptomarket is but yet this is very informative and somehow can be used along our trading career.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:11:22 PM

The most important feature of crypto money is the price movements it has done in the past. Coins, which are not particularly affected by the price declines of Bitcoin, have always earned their investors.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:57:11 AM

-Do not buy when the market is already overbought. Wait for a rollback.
-Do not sell when everyone sells.
Here is the main message of this article. Patience is always rewarded.
No one can determine the exact point of sale or purchase. Only analysis and your assumptions.
There are plenty of information on the ICO scams on the forum.
But if necessary, I can write my own set of rules, how to analyze ICO Smiley
I dont think you got what i mean in the last post, i do agreed with your opinion about not buying ICOs when it reached a peak price and how to analyze it will be based on individual perceptions, but the one i was asking is what you said not to buy when market is already overbought and not to sell when everyone sells, how do you determine whether the market is already overbought or oversold?? BTC already had downfall since it reached $18k, and i sold all my bitcoin when it reached below $10k, and i regretted it more if i dont sold it at that time. Patience is rewarded but ignorance isnt the same as patience, perhaps trading strategies is more than rewarded in this time  Grin
AlexZHankok (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 92

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 11:35:06 AM

I completely agree with you. 90% of all projects are dummy. In the coming years, we will see profound corrections for them or they will simply disappear from the market.

AlexZHankok (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 92

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 11:54:45 AM

No one can determine the exact point of sale or purchase. Only analysis and your assumptions.
I dont think you got what i mean in the last post, i do agreed with your opinion about not buying ICOs when it reached a peak price and how to analyze it will be based on individual perceptions, but the one i was asking is what you said not to buy when market is already overbought and not to sell when everyone sells, how do you determine whether the market is already overbought or oversold?? BTC already had downfall since it reached $18k, and i sold all my bitcoin when it reached below $10k, and i regretted it more if i dont sold it at that time. Patience is rewarded but ignorance isnt the same as patience, perhaps trading strategies is more than rewarded in this time  Grin

Maybe I did not translate your comment correctly. Sorry Cry
How do I determine the top of the market or the bottom of the market?
Deep corrections I determine from the historical graphs-the market is cyclical. Every year in January-February and July-August, he undergoes a strong correction.
Minor corrections (short positions)
1. I use the support / resistance levels of the trend line.
2. Patterns (flags, double bottom / double ceiling, head and shoulders, wedge, pendant)
3. RSI-look at the overbought / oversold zones
4. The news fund
5. The most important thing is that this analysis should be done at least two timeframes. For example 1 hour and 4 hours.

Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:02:08 PM

Sale of coins at the bottom. The most used mistake of all. Grin
They will never learn.

The idea of losing it all. They want to at least save some even for the expense of losing a lot instead of waiting if it will come back.
Lack of faith from the altcoin. Why buy at the first place? To just lose money? Are you that rich?
I guess it could never be stopped once emotions came in.
yanto@1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:03:18 PM

Everyone who comes into the crypto business makes almost the same mistakes because of his inexperience, patterned thinking and, panicking under the influence of the crowd. If discard all illusions about our own "EGO", we are all imperfect people and prone to make mistakes. The financial market likes such amateurs and absorbs them with guts, because it is the only one which is always right and remains in a huge plus. And the question is - how to deal with it? It's quite simple – rule out these mistakes and you will defeat a crowd of losers and climb to the top of financial success.

Mistake № 1. Buying on the top (loss of profit syndrome).
A huge number of people enter the market at that moment when it's time to get out of it, regardless of the scale in which they trade. If the coin has recently shown X5-X10, it makes sense to look the other way, to look for a fresh product - coins that have successfully completed the ICO, have collected HardCap, but have not yet received their Xs. Of course, in each case there is still a chance for profit from further coin growth, but the probability of a decline in this moment is usually very high. Eventually, an inexperienced investor sees how the pump of the coin ends and he suffers losses of 100%. As a rule, any growth price is accompanied by an increasing volume and it is fraught - if there are buyers, then there must be seller. As a consequence, the increasing volume in the growing market may be a sign of the top achievement, as volume is a leading indicator for assessing future price development. People themselves generate volumes at a peak - see how the price increases, experience a "loss of profit syndrome" and soon receive losses.

To avoid this situation, the following rules should be adhered to:

1. Never buy when volume increases if the price is at the top of the market and there are no valid reasons for further price rise, and instead an artificial pumping of the price occurs.
2. You can buy in a growing market, but only if there is a break through the resistance level (maybe for someone it's a new word, but it's better to learn the basics of trading).
3. Always remember, there are 2 sell/buy glasses on the stock exchange, which means that against your deal for a purchase is a sale, where an experienced player comes out of a long position to re-buy at the bottom.

Mistake № 2. Sale of coins on the bottom (fear of losing everything).
No less number of investors falls into this situation. Surprisingly, this is a mirror image of the "Buying on the top" scenario, the same high volume combined with the heavily falling prices. Only in this situation we already experience not the "lost profit syndrome", but "the fear of losing everything". Negative news, panic on the forums and big red candles. Typically, this situation on the market has a pointed depression, such as the letter "V" (see screenshot). Selling in this situation, you will very soon face a price reversal and regret that you have succumbed to fear, trying to leave at least something of your investment.
How to avoid such an error?

Follow the same rules as before:
1. Never sell when volume increases if the price is at the bottom of the market, especially when all support levels are broken and there is no valid reasons for further price drop.
2. Sell in a declining market, supported by volume, only if you really see that there will be a break through the support level.
3. Always remember: on your sell, more experienced players want to be proficient; for your sell is an order where another investment fund or a large trader enters a long position to buy.

Mistake № 3. Growth leaders sale
It often happens that the investor, instead of long-term investments, is limited to short-term investments. Having received the coin's growth in 3-5 times, he sees a small drawdown after growth and makes the assumption that this is a signal for sale, the coin should fall. To his great disappointment, after some period of calm and movement in the lateral range, the price soon easily rushes to new heights. And what about trade on the correction, you ask? Gentlemen – this is an art that you still need to master, because you are starting a dangerous game against the trend. As a rule, the growth leaders do not go for a turn, but stop in a narrow corridor for a short respite and a further jump up. Of course, reversals of leaders happen, but most often this is due to SCAM of the project itself or serious security problems of the technology itself.

Use the following rules for this item:
1. Do not take short positions on the growth leaders, this is an investment for 6-12 months minimum.
2. If an outset emerged on the uptrend, you can count on a new breakthrough up (the longer the lateral trend lasts, the more chances to go higher up, breaking through the resistance level on the top).

Mistake № 4. Buying leaders who have recently sank to the bottom.
This error is a consequence of the newcomer's greed and rashness. Typically, the crypto business comes, hearing in the news of super profits, for example, about how Bitcoin did 18000% for a paltry 5 years. Looking at the Bitcoin, Etherium, Verge graph, the newcomer looks and imagines that he now had if he bought Bitcoin for $1000 in 2010-2011 or Etherium for $2, and even just investing in Verge $100, now he could drive on a steep wheelbarrow. In such moments, as a rule, we would like to think that the price always comes back and it is necessary to find a coin with a drawdown of 99%, of the latter, it is a sensational BitConnect project. I will not write about it, this coin refers to 5-th error. (This paragraph does not apply to the situation with Bitcoin in 2013-2014, when there was a hard correction).

Here is only one rule: do not take coins, the drawdown for which was more than 70%. Any technology (project) has its beginning and end, and during the rapid development of ICO (other more advanced technologies, projects) it is foolish to expect a quick recovery of the scam position of the project that has lost the key staff of the development team or key investors. The latter, most likely, at this time invest their funds in Etherium 4.01.

Mistake № 5. Purchase coins from scam projects.
This error is a consequence of the previous one. Greed has ruined us.
Very often I hear about over profits in Landing ICO, investing in InvestBox and so on. If the project offers more profit in the shortest possible time - think! Most likely you are offered to enter the financial pyramid and will be enriched by the miracle of the project written on a cheap Internet template. Yes, you can quickly make money here, but you can lose everything quickly. Therefore, these projects do not suit us, we are investors and traders, not roulette players.

In this situation, observe the following rules:
- Do not buy unknown coins, which are not available on such authoritative resources as CoinMarketCap, Investing.com
- Do not get involved in projects that offer you an income of 10-20% per day, most likely it's a banal pyramid. If you went into it, you can never leave.
- Watch coins on CoinMarketCap, it is desirable that their daily volume was more than 1 million, the total capitalization above 60 million and they traded on leading exchanges such as Bittrex, Binance. As a rule, such coins than are backed up and the chance that this scam-project is not great.

I want to add to everything that I'm saying above: the market of crypto-currencies is still young, the total capitalization is negligible, 2% of the entire population is aware of mining and blockchain, so there is still time for investments and making money.

Good luck and profit to all and thanks for your +Merit.

Link to my original post in Russian https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2846459.msg29198113#msg29198113

Very good, you have brilliant explanation about it and look clear on me. Your last post is more interesting, you give us advice the right step if crypto market not stable or just to fix our strategy. It will change my mindset and strategy because from beginning I learn only from faith without understanding. Thank you so much.

Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:20:49 PM

Deep corrections I determine from the historical graphs-the market is cyclical. Every year in January-February and July-August, he undergoes a strong correction.
2. Patterns (flags, double bottom / double ceiling, head and shoulders, wedge, pendant)
4. The news fund
5. The most important thing is that this analysis should be done at least two timeframes. For example 1 hour and 4 hours.
This should be remember before doing some trade especially when we are seeing some situations that really affects our emotions, learning how to analyze and know the factors where projects can possibly move, each informations are important, that's why trading needs more time to learn, being equipped by facts and not just speculations that most of
the time create wrong assessment.
Zsywt1024

Activity: 286
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:11:45 PM

The value is value ,Very good article
read the whitepaper
and see lots scams
increase experience
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:00:19 AM

I think mistakes #1 and #2 described here are so evident to each one, that it seems we should not talk about them. Curious, but still people are selling coins when the market is falling.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:49:51 AM

It is true that most of the time we are informed too late and we tend to buy back to the top
One thing is if you are trading, and you do not know what you are doing, or necessarily do not have a strategy, then you are gambling. Trading is a different ball game and you need to be able to make right decisions for yourself which you cannot if you do not learn.

A lot of people who call themselves trader always like joining a moving train, which is a bad thing. Buy when everyone has sold out with no one to sell anymore, and there is a chance from the indicators that an uptrend is about to start on any coin. A lot of you are busy looking for information and those giving them out are pump and dump scammers, which exactly what you have described is what they do.
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:56:57 AM

4. The news fund
Thank you for this information, this is what i would love to hear because you really describe a strategies about how to identify a good support resistance and how to identify if the market has already reached the oversold or overebought area. I do tend to look for higher timeframe to define market trend and use lower timeframes to identify entry points and this is a great educational post that we need to look at least between 2 or more timeframe before considering an entry point  Grin Grin
Duogembrot

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:10:58 PM

I think it's only simple to see the graph if the price graph is too high you should not need to rush to buy because the price will definitely drop sharply and you can open buy order at low price and the key is in the patience. so what I can conclude is buy at cheap price and sell at expensive price.
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 12:20:36 PM

I think it's only simple to see the graph if the price graph is too high you should not need to rush to buy because the price will definitely drop sharply and you can open buy order at low price and the key is in the patience. so what I can conclude is buy at cheap price and sell at expensive price.
It takes time hence not all can simly know when they are about to enter because we are just humans and even pro traders and trainers sometimes have a feeling of Fomo in a specific coin. I admit that im buying when the price is high and i did that 5 errors that the OP posted but one thing i always didn't forget to learn when this thing go wrong.
Layonk

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:33:10 PM

This is the most error than can make trader loss all of money in investing money.
This should be avoid by do good researching, researching mean checking the full detail about project.
AdamRay

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:32:47 PM

This is the most error than can make trader loss all of money in investing money.
This should be avoid by do good researching, researching mean checking the full detail about project.
I've also had this problem quite a lot before, I often invested by referrals from others without scrutinizing each project and the consequence of it made me lose a lot of property. I advise investors to research and analyze the project carefully before deciding whether to invest or not because the money is yours and you will understand what you should do with it.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: