Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:14:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 errors when buying crypto currency  (Read 1257 times)
francedeni

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:41:15 PM

I think mistakes #1 and #2 described here are so evident to each one, that it seems we should not talk about them. Curious, but still people are selling coins when the market is falling.
The mistakes 1&2 seems not all can follow and most mistakes from a trader. That's an error when selling coins when the market is going to go down. Buying high and selling low most error also from a trader.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:54:38 PM

The most important feature of crypto money is the price movements it has done in the past. Coins, which are not particularly affected by the price declines of Bitcoin, have always earned their investors.
The truth is that some coins really do have some huge community and really do not get affected much when bitcoin is having a rally. However, one cannot really know sometimes, so the best thing is to always be at alert when in a market.
Know when it is time to get out and buy back lower, know when you did not make the right call and even when you make a right call, know when to sell. At the end, for any investor or trader to be successful, knowledge is the only thing that can help them.
AlexZHankok (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 92

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 10:21:49 AM

-Do not buy when the market is already overbought. Wait for a rollback.
-Do not sell when everyone sells.
Here is the main message of this article. Patience is always rewarded.
No one can determine the exact point of sale or purchase. Only analysis and your assumptions.
There are plenty of information on the ICO scams on the forum.
But if necessary, I can write my own set of rules, how to analyze ICO Smiley
I dont think you got what i mean in the last post, i do agreed with your opinion about not buying ICOs when it reached a peak price and how to analyze it will be based on individual perceptions, but the one i was asking is what you said not to buy when market is already overbought and not to sell when everyone sells, how do you determine whether the market is already overbought or oversold?? BTC already had downfall since it reached $18k, and i sold all my bitcoin when it reached below $10k, and i regretted it more if i dont sold it at that time. Patience is rewarded but ignorance isnt the same as patience, perhaps trading strategies is more than rewarded in this time  Grin

Maybe I did not translate your comment correctly. Sorry Cry
How do I determine the top of the market or the bottom of the market?
Deep corrections I determine from the historical graphs-the market is cyclical. Every year in January-February and July-August, he undergoes a strong correction.
Minor corrections (short positions)
1. I use the support / resistance levels of the trend line.
2. Patterns (flags, double bottom / double ceiling, head and shoulders, wedge, pendant)
3. RSI-look at the overbought / oversold zones
4. The news fund
5. The most important thing is that this analysis should be done at least two timeframes. For example 1 hour and 4 hours.
Thank you for this information, this is what i would love to hear because you really describe a strategies about how to identify a good support resistance and how to identify if the market has already reached the oversold or overebought area. I do tend to look for higher timeframe to define market trend and use lower timeframes to identify entry points and this is a great educational post that we need to look at least between 2 or more timeframe before considering an entry point  Grin Grin
You are welcome. It's always nice to receive positive feedback. Wink

AlexZHankok (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 10:25:49 AM

I think it's only simple to see the graph if the price graph is too high you should not need to rush to buy because the price will definitely drop sharply and you can open buy order at low price and the key is in the patience. so what I can conclude is buy at cheap price and sell at expensive price.
Of course, so it is necessary to do. But, as a rule, beginners do not look at the charts, but buy on the HYIP.

AlexZHankok (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 12:12:38 PM

The most important feature of crypto money is the price movements it has done in the past. Coins, which are not particularly affected by the price declines of Bitcoin, have always earned their investors.
The truth is that some coins really do have some huge community and really do not get affected much when bitcoin is having a rally. However, one cannot really know sometimes, so the best thing is to always be at alert when in a market.
Know when it is time to get out and buy back lower, know when you did not make the right call and even when you make a right call, know when to sell. At the end, for any investor or trader to be successful, knowledge is the only thing that can help them.
I agree with you. Also do not forget that knowledge comes with experience. And even having a huge amount of knowledge and experience behind our shoulders, we can make mistakes. This is normal. In any case, this market is very volatile and can bring many more surprises in the future.

Wilsonong222

Activity: 130
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:45:42 PM

Everyone who comes into the crypto business makes almost the same mistakes because of his inexperience, patterned thinking and, panicking under the influence of the crowd. If discard all illusions about our own "EGO", we are all imperfect people and prone to make mistakes. The financial market likes such amateurs and absorbs them with guts, because it is the only one which is always right and remains in a huge plus. And the question is - how to deal with it? It's quite simple – rule out these mistakes and you will defeat a crowd of losers and climb to the top of financial success.

Mistake № 1. Buying on the top (loss of profit syndrome).
A huge number of people enter the market at that moment when it's time to get out of it, regardless of the scale in which they trade. If the coin has recently shown X5-X10, it makes sense to look the other way, to look for a fresh product - coins that have successfully completed the ICO, have collected HardCap, but have not yet received their Xs. Of course, in each case there is still a chance for profit from further coin growth, but the probability of a decline in this moment is usually very high. Eventually, an inexperienced investor sees how the pump of the coin ends and he suffers losses of 100%. As a rule, any growth price is accompanied by an increasing volume and it is fraught - if there are buyers, then there must be seller. As a consequence, the increasing volume in the growing market may be a sign of the top achievement, as volume is a leading indicator for assessing future price development. People themselves generate volumes at a peak - see how the price increases, experience a "loss of profit syndrome" and soon receive losses.

To avoid this situation, the following rules should be adhered to:

1. Never buy when volume increases if the price is at the top of the market and there are no valid reasons for further price rise, and instead an artificial pumping of the price occurs.
2. You can buy in a growing market, but only if there is a break through the resistance level (maybe for someone it's a new word, but it's better to learn the basics of trading).
3. Always remember, there are 2 sell/buy glasses on the stock exchange, which means that against your deal for a purchase is a sale, where an experienced player comes out of a long position to re-buy at the bottom.

Mistake № 2. Sale of coins on the bottom (fear of losing everything).
No less number of investors falls into this situation. Surprisingly, this is a mirror image of the "Buying on the top" scenario, the same high volume combined with the heavily falling prices. Only in this situation we already experience not the "lost profit syndrome", but "the fear of losing everything". Negative news, panic on the forums and big red candles. Typically, this situation on the market has a pointed depression, such as the letter "V" (see screenshot). Selling in this situation, you will very soon face a price reversal and regret that you have succumbed to fear, trying to leave at least something of your investment.
How to avoid such an error?

Follow the same rules as before:
1. Never sell when volume increases if the price is at the bottom of the market, especially when all support levels are broken and there is no valid reasons for further price drop.
2. Sell in a declining market, supported by volume, only if you really see that there will be a break through the support level.
3. Always remember: on your sell, more experienced players want to be proficient; for your sell is an order where another investment fund or a large trader enters a long position to buy.

Mistake № 3. Growth leaders sale
It often happens that the investor, instead of long-term investments, is limited to short-term investments. Having received the coin's growth in 3-5 times, he sees a small drawdown after growth and makes the assumption that this is a signal for sale, the coin should fall. To his great disappointment, after some period of calm and movement in the lateral range, the price soon easily rushes to new heights. And what about trade on the correction, you ask? Gentlemen – this is an art that you still need to master, because you are starting a dangerous game against the trend. As a rule, the growth leaders do not go for a turn, but stop in a narrow corridor for a short respite and a further jump up. Of course, reversals of leaders happen, but most often this is due to SCAM of the project itself or serious security problems of the technology itself.

Use the following rules for this item:
1. Do not take short positions on the growth leaders, this is an investment for 6-12 months minimum.
2. If an outset emerged on the uptrend, you can count on a new breakthrough up (the longer the lateral trend lasts, the more chances to go higher up, breaking through the resistance level on the top).

Mistake № 4. Buying leaders who have recently sank to the bottom.
This error is a consequence of the newcomer's greed and rashness. Typically, the crypto business comes, hearing in the news of super profits, for example, about how Bitcoin did 18000% for a paltry 5 years. Looking at the Bitcoin, Etherium, Verge graph, the newcomer looks and imagines that he now had if he bought Bitcoin for $1000 in 2010-2011 or Etherium for $2, and even just investing in Verge $100, now he could drive on a steep wheelbarrow. In such moments, as a rule, we would like to think that the price always comes back and it is necessary to find a coin with a drawdown of 99%, of the latter, it is a sensational BitConnect project. I will not write about it, this coin refers to 5-th error. (This paragraph does not apply to the situation with Bitcoin in 2013-2014, when there was a hard correction).

Here is only one rule: do not take coins, the drawdown for which was more than 70%. Any technology (project) has its beginning and end, and during the rapid development of ICO (other more advanced technologies, projects) it is foolish to expect a quick recovery of the scam position of the project that has lost the key staff of the development team or key investors. The latter, most likely, at this time invest their funds in Etherium 4.01.

Mistake № 5. Purchase coins from scam projects.
This error is a consequence of the previous one. Greed has ruined us.
Very often I hear about over profits in Landing ICO, investing in InvestBox and so on. If the project offers more profit in the shortest possible time - think! Most likely you are offered to enter the financial pyramid and will be enriched by the miracle of the project written on a cheap Internet template. Yes, you can quickly make money here, but you can lose everything quickly. Therefore, these projects do not suit us, we are investors and traders, not roulette players.

In this situation, observe the following rules:
- Do not buy unknown coins, which are not available on such authoritative resources as CoinMarketCap, Investing.com
- Do not get involved in projects that offer you an income of 10-20% per day, most likely it's a banal pyramid. If you went into it, you can never leave.
- Watch coins on CoinMarketCap, it is desirable that their daily volume was more than 1 million, the total capitalization above 60 million and they traded on leading exchanges such as Bittrex, Binance. As a rule, such coins than are backed up and the chance that this scam-project is not great.

I want to add to everything that I'm saying above: the market of crypto-currencies is still young, the total capitalization is negligible, 2% of the entire population is aware of mining and blockchain, so there is still time for investments and making money.

Good luck and profit to all and thanks for your +Merit.

Link to my original post in Russian https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2846459.msg29198113#msg29198113

Reversing or correcting all the mistakes mention here by OP doesn’t guaranty us to become successful trader but most likely to increase our chance of victory.

But if this will be applied all in long term hold it is most certain that success is within our reach. I still prefer holding the coins for long term. I am not fan of trading, I think trading is zero sum game where in the end; your profit is not substantial compare to gains from long term.

(((   BIDIUM.io   )))    PRE-ICO ACTIVE
█████████  JOIN NOW!  █████████
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:59:47 PM

This thread is very educational especially for the newbies in this community. It can help us to avoid those fatal mistakes. To those who experienced those mistakes, I hope that you've learned something from it and it will never happen again because you now know how to handle it. I like readin thread like this and I want to thank the OP for bringing this up!
AlexZHankok (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 07:03:15 PM

Reversing or correcting all the mistakes mention here by OP doesn’t guaranty us to become successful trader but most likely to increase our chance of victory.

But if this will be applied all in long term hold it is most certain that success is within our reach. I still prefer holding the coins for long term. I am not fan of trading, I think trading is zero sum game where in the end; your profit is not substantial compare to gains from long term.

I agree with you. 2017 showed that investing in the crypto currency gave more profit than trading. Trading is better to do when the market is in an uncertain (stagnant) situation. But to this situation you have to come up with a lot of experience behind your shoulders, otherwise you will fail.

BettingTips

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:20:39 PM

These mistakes are very popular and I think almost trader also made these mistakes when they traded Smiley. It's much more difficulty to be able to buy in low and sell in high than just talk. There are some traders use trading signal to know these points but there are also professional trader can be able to analyze the price chart so they can be able to know when they should buy and sell Smiley

[As]

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:15:38 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2018, 06:19:38 AM by [As]

The main problem is to sell in low and buy in high.
Cryptagio
Copper Member

Activity: 158
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:45:41 PM

Eventually it all breaks down to FOMO (fear of missing out)

https://cryptagio.com - crypto exchange platform
coino.org

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:48:00 PM

Wow, just bought some Liza on yobit, I guess this is a 5th error, I should get rid of greed and select quality project with a future development, but this high ROI makes me crazy
InvestMen

Activity: 270
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:44:30 AM

Should I regret this mistake? In no case! After all, if you are upset because of this, then along with the growth of the course my grief will grow. A distressed investor will not be able to make informed decisions. Similarly, it is pointless to regret that you did not buy bitokoyn when it cost much less. You need to regret that you do not buy it now.
Arngrim

Activity: 182
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:43:44 AM

Thanks for that explanation.
Now, will they listen to this? This is one hell of a good read specially for newbies.
We could somehow prevent another person from being scammed if only he will read into this.
Facebook already made its part, although it is not that good because of the good ICO's that are incoming.
It will still be better if we get more investors on our side without a problem.

GIVING VALUE TO YOUR ONLINE VIDEOS                      DEVELOPED & TESTED PLATFORM ✔                 
( ( (   BUZZSHOW   ) ) )
                               whitepaper    facebook    twitter    youtube    telegram    |       JOIN TOKEN SALE     12th Feb 2018
sachdientugoogle

Activity: 630
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:24:40 AM

I'm not sure exactly how it happened but I went on EtherDelta to sell some shitcoins that I had gotten from airdrops... and I ended up buying about $90 of one for well, well above what it was worth. So after I sold a few good airdrops for ETH I came to sell some Zero ETH.
donbasxii

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:38:48 AM

thanks for sharing. Very informative post
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:45:23 AM

1. thinking the market CAP has meaning
2. not noticing the trade volume
3. not reading the white paper
4. investing in something that has no actual demand
5. selling when everyone else is selling

good comment,this is a typical errors we usually conducted,we dont need long story to tell whats the real meaning of errors.this one indicates it all,since this is the same faults we usually commit.i always fail because of not reading the white papers investing with no actual demands things that im particular now becae of many mistakes
AlexZHankok (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 08:53:51 PM

These mistakes are very popular and I think almost trader also made these mistakes when they traded Smiley. It's much more difficulty to be able to buy in low and sell in high than just talk. There are some traders use trading signal to know these points but there are also professional trader can be able to analyze the price chart so they can be able to know when they should buy and sell Smiley
Yes, I totally agree with you. Write or say much easier than done. Therefore, I wrote this article, so that newcomers have extracted at least some useful information for themselves. Wink

milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:05:22 PM

1. thinking the market CAP has meaning
2. not noticing the trade volume
3. not reading the white paper
4. investing in something that has no actual demand
5. selling when everyone else is selling

good comment,this is a typical errors we usually conducted,we dont need long story to tell whats the real meaning of errors.this one indicates it all,since this is the same faults we usually commit.i always fail because of not reading the white papers investing with no actual demands things that im particular now becae of many mistakes
This is just really the summation but having a full description or definition of such error isnt really bad at all since newbies that doesnt new everything would able to know on what are those things which is good but for us experienced one then we would really see these things are just basic dont need to be posted. Those errors is commonly committed among trading and should really be avoided at all cost.

onemoretime8520

Activity: 265
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:25:35 PM

my error was not selling on top even though I have known that the prices would go down but waited and hodl in the wrong time period, must learn when to sell and control your emotions .

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: