Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:37:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone trade on Bitfinex or hold Tether? Are you worried?  (Read 132 times)
coinycoiny (OP)

Activity: 273
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:45:56 PM

So Bitfinex have sacked their auditors. Auditors are independent and it seems that Bitfinex fell out with them and sacked them.

You do not sack auditors in the middle of performing an audit unless they are going reveal something pretty bad.

I think you would have to be pretty brave to have anything to do with Bitfinex at the moment.

Has anyone managed to withdraw any substantial amounts from the exchange in the last couple of days?
zhigan

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 01:43:22 PM

So Bitfinex have sacked their auditors. Auditors are independent and it seems that Bitfinex fell out with them and sacked them.

You do not sack auditors in the middle of performing an audit unless they are going reveal something pretty bad.

I think you would have to be pretty brave to have anything to do with Bitfinex at the moment.

Has anyone managed to withdraw any substantial amounts from the exchange in the last couple of days?

Hello. Do you know what's going on at Bitfinex?
Is it true that they draw Tether?
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3852

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:02:16 PM

I saw this tweet hours ago:

Really not sure what to think about this, as we shouldn't really just randomly trust a sort of random dude on the internet. I really won't trust Tether unless they themselves show us an actual audit report. But this gives me a very very very small glimpse of hope.

tweet source: https://twitter.com/flibbr/status/958273166320730112

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:14:59 PM

The fud around Tether seems to be based on people not being able to "see" whats going on and making an assumption or 3 from that.  I've seen one claim there's 100m being printed every day, which is clearly not the case from the capitalisation of Tether.  End of the day, Bitfinex makes a shed ton of cash from fees so has little reason not to back tether, if for no other reason than somewhere to park all that cash! They aren't even the biggest market for the token.
coinycoiny (OP)

Activity: 273
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:55:08 PM

The fud around Tether seems to be based on people not being able to "see" whats going on and making an assumption or 3 from that.  I've seen one claim there's 100m being printed every day, which is clearly not the case from the capitalisation of Tether.  End of the day, Bitfinex makes a shed ton of cash from fees so has little reason not to back tether, if for no other reason than somewhere to park all that cash! They aren't even the biggest market for the token.

Normally I'd agree, but falling out with auditors doesn't happen every day unless something shady is going on.

If you change auditors, which is good practise to do every few years, do it inbetween. You don't do it in the middle of your first one, especially as you were already being called out for being sketchy.

Something is up here.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:26:39 PM

The bankers have done it again and USDT is fake money by the looks of it and has been used to pump Bitcoin prices up
and to pay spammers in token that will never turn to hard cash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwKYbT9MoPE

Hub bankers are not setting themselves up all over the lightning network ready to take your money
and here is the real time map https://lnmainnet.gaben.win/

This is not Bob buying a coffee a day from Alice for a month, it's banking, pure and simple

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
digitalkeyshop
Copper Member

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:29:11 PM

The best trading page out there is YOBIT as it is very easy to use
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: