Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:25:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Merited posts  (Read 286 times)
Fantastic33 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:06:48 PM

In order to rank up, one must be able get a certain number of merit. And post/s can be merited if its good, very useful and informative one. With a very huge number of posts on a certain topic, is there someone patiently reading those posts so good posts can be merited? Are those hundrends of posts have an equal chance to be read and earn a merit? What if the good posts are posted on the middle spreadsheet, will someone still care to read it? Im just curious. Thank you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:10:55 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1)

Well the way forums work is that you should at least scan through the replies to make sure what you're about to say hasn't been said or that the issue at hand has been resolved. That being said, stay away from spam threads and your quality posts should be noticed. There aren't many people giving away sMerits away yet, but that issue should resolve itself down the road.

AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:11:19 PM

In order to rank up, one must be able get a certain number of merit. And post/s can be merited if its good, very useful and informative one. With a very huge number of posts on a certain topic, is there someone patiently reading those posts so good posts can be merited? Are those hundrends of posts have an equal chance to be read and earn a merit? What if the good posts are posted on the middle spreadsheet, will someone still care to read it? Im just curious. Thank you!

Probably not, i doubt that merit sources ( or anyone with sMerit) would go through hundreds of pages on for example a coin ICO ANN thread to find specifically find your post ( or any "high" quality posts, as it is generally flooded with spam.).

Best chances of getting merit is probably to give an informative answer on a question someone asks, ( Beginners & Help, Technical Support, etc.) within the first few replies..

thithai547

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:34:54 PM

Probably not, i doubt that merit sources ( or anyone with sMerit) would go through hundreds of pages on for example a coin ICO ANN thread to find specifically find your post ( or any "high" quality posts, as it is generally flooded with spam.).

Best chances of getting merit is probably to give an informative answer on a question someone asks, ( Beginners & Help, Technical Support, etc.) within the first few replies..
Nice guy, I will try doing it for sure. Life is sharing and meriting is helping, vice versa.
shi07

Activity: 122
Merit: 15

Long Live BTC

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:52:23 PM

I don't think that there is someone who will read each and every posts in a thread just to give away merits. In order to get it we must work for it. Probably answer queries, give useful suggestions and a constructive post so if someone gets satisfied or find it helpful for them, then there's a possibility to be given merits. This new system would really require us to be post with quality. Let's continue to work hard Smiley
al1n

Activity: 154
Merit: 29

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:10:36 PM

And here is the problem (especially Beginners & Help).
The people asking questions there are in general very new to this domain and also very new to the forum itself.
Most of them are creating a new account just to ask their questions and they almost never log back in.
Since their accounts are new they don't have any merit points, so they cannot give any merit points, even if they would know how (and that's another issue).
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:25:54 PM

And here is the problem (especially Beginners & Help).
The people asking questions there are in general very new to this domain and also very new to the forum itself.
Most of them are creating a new account just to ask their questions and they almost never log back in.
Since their accounts are new they don't have any merit points, so they cannot give any merit points, even if they would know how (and that's another issue).

That's what the merit sources are for. They just browse sections like these for good answers/good posts as i stated above.

You'd essentially cater them, instead of the OP in said thread (Although i'm pretty sure you're ultimately also helping the OP with a good answer.).

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 03:39:59 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1)

I read quite a few posts, especially in threads that I've started. If I get a helpful answer, or an interesting post, then I award a merit point or two. I don't care if it is a newbie or Theymos, I've awarded points to a whole range of members. I don't award points to people who are asking for them, but I base them on my own subjective judgement.

Also, I skip a number of posts - those with capitalised text, or with fancy colours or oversized characters. They slow down my reading, so I just skip them.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
al1n

Merit: 29

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:06:15 PM

Also, I skip a number of posts - those with capitalised text, or with fancy colours or oversized characters. They slow down my reading, so I just skip them.

That's true, they are just as annoying as using caps lock in an irc channel or shout box Cheesy
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:10:06 PM

Yeah, those board are the most informative one and everyday people will looking for those section.
Unlike altcoin discussion , although they have huge view but most people doesn't care what they post.

Or you can try to post in local since with your language , I think you will be easier to get merit ( by local mod ,perhaps )

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
Siopao

Activity: 182
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:38:55 PM

The one who will give merit is the bitcoiners itself, if they find your post helpful for them. I don't think that there would be someone assigned to scan all thru long threads and give off merit points. So let's continue posting a quality one to continue to this forum
Johnyz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:59:05 PM

In order to get some merit it must be informative and very helpful but don't worry because some people still appreciate a quality post on every section. Just work very hard and you will get some of what you want. Its just a week since this new system implemented so don't rush thing and we will see a great development in the long run.
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:24:56 AM

Believe it or not, I think there is someone out there who is patiently going through random informative threads and is giving merits to those who are truly deserving or someone who is simply giving an effort. I had the same doubts as you when I learned about the merit system being implemented. I know there are a lot of people here who has been constantly posting constructively ever since they joined but are unnoticed simply because there are thousands of members and sometimes their post drowns in a sea of spam posts. I personally received a merit from a post I did last year and it really surprised me. I guess you just have to be patient because I truly believe that hard work pays off. If you're really doing your part as a good member of this forum, just hang in there. You will get the recognition you truly deserve sooner than you know it! Smiley Good luck, work hard, and believe in yourself!
zlatan07

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:30:09 AM

Dude don't bother yourself with ranks just try to be constructive in each post and merit points will come. Yes, I know that is hard but try to approach from a different perspective. Try to realize that merit system is here to make a healthy community of readers and writers.
One more thing try to avoid old threads and watch for new ones. Trust me and try it!
di.ako.toh

Merit: 121

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:38:17 AM

These merited system, serves as a measurement tools to identify if you have quality posts. These also serves as a requisite for us bitcoiners to upgrade our position.

Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:54:21 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2018, 04:26:34 AM by Shamie1002

Thinking the same way. Moderators are not that many to give merits to all.
Everyone can actually give merits to anyone but some are just to lazy to read recent posts and comments.
They just focus on leaving posts that have enough characters to be reviewed by a campaign manager.
I don't how everyone could actually have merits.

Not unless they really don't deserve merits at all.
I do hope that everyone do use their smerits.
Encourage to review gold quality posts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: