Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:41:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: when is a good time to get out ?  (Read 475 times)
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:43:35 PM

It can be changed for your ideas because when you want your profit you can cash-out them. It can change by your investing goals. If you want a house you can cash-out when you got these amount money for example.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MartoValenti

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:27:52 PM

For me it is best to diversify. What I mean is to cash out part of the investment. For example, if I invest in ICO that I think will do big (10x or more). When it hits 5x, I sell 50 % of my investment. By that way, I get profit (more than investment) and I still have in the ICO. Yes, it could go down, but it could reach 10x? If it reached 10x, superb (for me) if not, I still have profit from the investment. Also, I hodl 10 % in case this ICO hit the sky. Grin
anasso

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:27:27 PM

with 10 000$ investment you should be millionaire before cash out.

now it the time to hodl. once the correction finished, the market cap is going to reach trillions.
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 09:47:51 PM

it's very difficult to get out, especially when you see a constant price increase.
but I still try every month to fix profits in fiat  Cool
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:58:12 PM

hey guys ...

suppose you invest 10k in crypto

at what stage would you consider getting out and taking your gains ? if you 10x ( 100k )

or are you very very LONG on this ?

Getting out is always depend on its individual actually, if you know you already gain for it you can get anytime you want. Then if you are aiming to gain big well I guess you need to hold on for it in a long term basis, just simple as that mate. If I where you if you have that huge amount it is better for you to invest it in different altcoin which is I knew its potential and has a capability to get higher in the near future where I am sure I can harvest a big reward.
gandhe83

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:58:18 PM

It is difficult to determine the exact time when the market is too volatile and the time is shorter. To limit the loss I think you can put a stop loss after buying good coin. Invested, you should take risks because trade is always the most risky, if you can not accept this then you can not succeed in the market cryptocurrency.
gilabusuk1

Activity: 311

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:21:09 PM

with 10 000$ investment you should be millionaire before cash out.

now it the time to hodl. once the correction finished, the market cap is going to reach trillions.
it's really just a hold and see how it develops after that
will be someone who is very well established and have savings for the old age later

rezurect

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:32:02 PM

If you're a trader I would get out at a 15-20+%, if you're a daytrader I would happily take at least a few percentages every day. But if you're a believer do you really need to worry about when to get out?
Hazaki

Activity: 406
Merit: 156

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:34:34 PM

hey guys ...

at what stage would you consider getting out and taking your gains ? if you 10x ( 100k )

Getting a 10x roi ain't as easy as that , and even you're lucky enough with picking a coin to do such an achievement i don't think you'll have enough balls to invest 10k on it especially if it has just submerged , but if it is the case , i'll be following closely the market and set up a an upper and lower limit , the both limits will let me know when to withdraw when reaching one of them no matter what happens later .
I'm rather a hodling person , but sometimes getting away when things get messy ain't the worst choice and

It can be changed for your ideas because when you want your profit you can cash-out them. It can change by your investing goals. If you want a house you can cash-out when you got these amount money for example.

Exactly , when you need to cash-out don't think "what will happen if it goes up after i withdraw ?" , you needed the money and you made your decision period , what happens next isn't your concern .
bitor

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:38:09 PM

I think, that you can get out in 3 month or don't get out in nearest years at all, but theseway you need to have iron balls
DesmondHayes

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:20:40 PM

it's very difficult to get out, especially when you see a constant price increase.
but I still try every month to fix profits in fiat  Cool

Growth in the price is very addicting for the investor. The trader must make steady goals if he wants to get out without a loss. Some of the traders are trying to gain millions but that is the wrong thinking. You must set your goals prior to the investment and when you think the time is right to try to cash out.

There will always be a rise and falls and you can hold all of your cryptos forever in the wallets without any use. You don't have to cash out everything. Leave some low amount of your portfolio intact. Try to track the progress of the charts and if you see some incoming pump make a cashout and enjoy the life with the extra cash in your pockets.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:08:57 AM

hey guys ...

if you need money then cash out some portion and leave the rest. why the need to get out if you gain something. it still depends on you when to cash out and thru experience  you will learn when to cash out.
veliq

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:14:25 AM

Before entering any crypto currency market, you must first set a target profit when you receive both short-term and long-term investments. if you decide to go for a short time, of course, you will want to go out when the coin you bought has reached its peak, and we do not know when or which price range is the peak, so you need to set a target interest income.
Skroojee

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:15:32 AM

The question is: what purpose do you follow? If you just need some amount of money - then go out when it is formed. Well, if you want to squeeze everything out, keep to the last!

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Viecoin

Activity: 852
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:20:49 AM

It really depends on what Crypto it is. I look at a coins market cap before volume. Market cap lets me know how much momentum is needed to push the price up. Much easier for ZCash to 50x than it is for Ethereum to do a 2x Smiley
yanto@1977

Activity: 686

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:22:25 AM

hey guys ...

Your target is not realistic but possible ( sorry ), too high and need high skill and time to be done. Most people will say, get out if the price reach your target but some people decides with " almost " is enough. Another opinion is, get out when the price reach your stop loss ( cut loss ), meaning we have stop our activity to minimalism our loss. Time is relative and patience is needed, do you have it if must wait & see until 5 or more years? I believe you don't. Change your plan, fix your strategy and good luck to you.  

OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:26:35 AM

but I still try every month to fix profits in fiat  Cool

Growth in the price is very addicting for the investor. The trader must make steady goals if he wants to get out without a loss. Some of the traders are trying to gain millions but that is the wrong thinking. You must set your goals prior to the investment and when you think the time is right to try to cash out.

There will always be a rise and falls and you can hold all of your cryptos forever in the wallets without any use. You don't have to cash out everything. Leave some low amount of your portfolio intact. Try to track the progress of the charts and if you see some incoming pump make a cashout and enjoy the life with the extra cash in your pockets.

There's always that temptation to remain in a stock or coin after it's reached your goal.. especially when you think its hype won'd die down any time soon and that the company/team is really good. This is a dangerous trap though as it can be at the peak. We must remember as investors that a lot of future-value of a stock or coin is already factored into its current price.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:19:46 AM

Dont targeting profit to big, 10 times ? i will cash it out when it doubled, im not to good  with long term investment, buy when dip sell while up just like that and repeat.

Correct, 10 times is too much and too long to wait. Sometimes it is not possible at all. If I understand that my altcoin costs twice more, I fix my income and make cashout. Often I wait till the same alt falls to buy it again and make the same operation when the right time comes.
lutcor

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:15:03 PM

I think the best time will be exactly when you decide, because no one will ever tell you when to go out, because no one knows this for sure. Everyone has his own opinion on this matter.
Kaan53

Activity: 124
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:20:20 PM

I think there is no suitable time to go out because the bitcoin looks like it's going up this year and it's like this year's tour Cheesy .
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: