Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:52:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: when is a good time to get out ?  (Read 475 times)
cliffordsean (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:12:43 PM

hey guys ...

suppose you invest 10k in crypto

at what stage would you consider getting out and taking your gains ? if you 10x ( 100k )

or are you very very LONG on this ?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
asayoyaasa
Copper Member

Activity: 648
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 02:22:05 PM

Dont targeting profit to big, 10 times ? i will cash it out when it doubled, im not to good  with long term investment, buy when dip sell while up just like that and repeat.

This is my main account. My alt account for bounty report in the future >> asa crypto info
Bybox

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:23:58 PM

I invest in crypto for a lifetime but I always cash out at the very low percent of my investment, just enough to pay my rent and food. If you make x100 of your investment then you can cash out 50% and invest in something else.
europesss

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:27:20 PM

hey guys ...

at what stage would you consider getting out and taking your gains ? if you 10x ( 100k )

You can consider crypto as a kind of job, if you can get 10x of your  principal. Sell them all then go out.
If you want to continue , take back of your own 10k , take use of the rest 90K to invest in other coins, you will get your profit , the worst case , you will lose nothing.
mbakruroh

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:28:02 PM

hey guys ...

consideration to get out I think is very heavy, but maybe I will get out of cryptocurrency when it is getting 10x profit. but outgoing means I'm out forever from cryptocurrency but I'm just out of trading to enjoy my profit and next time I'll get back to investing or trading in cryptocurrency.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Blas

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:30:32 PM

hey guys ...

I think your question is wrong. Why do you have to get out? At some point you may withdraw your initial investment, but why quit at all?

I never set up limits, because the market is changing in a blink of an eye.
cliffordsean (OP)

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:35:01 PM

hey guys ...

I think your question is wrong. Why do you have to get out? At some point you may withdraw your initial investment, but why quit at all?

I never set up limits, because the market is changing in a blink of an eye.

true true ... just wondering as at some stage in the future a bubble will burst - so looking for 'safe' strategy ... but ive very bullish on crypto at least for most of 2018

suppose secret is to take profits at regulare intervals
lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:44:34 PM

Whenever you need the money, it's not like there are rules about it. It's best to not cash out unless you need the money.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
GFE

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:48:20 PM

hey guys ...

The safest way is do x2 and then sell a half of portfolio into fiat. Personally I hold criptocurrency for long term because I believe in criptocurrency development in our future

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Meepospammer

Activity: 406
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:52:27 PM

hey guys ...

When you meant out? You will stay away from crypto forever?
It's kinda hard to predict that. Crypto is so volatile. There's also a chance that you might not be able to get out of it because of your goal.

You might consider the thing I have to say, whenever you earn some profit, take out that profit and leave your initial investment. If you took all out(capital included), it's kinda hard to bought back in specially if the price of the crypto you like increase alot (I assume you will invest in bitcoin). Using this method, you'll be able to see how much you gain.

With your capital, since you want more profit, partcipating in an ICO is better. ICOs with potential can give you more than 10x return. Just do some research first before engaging in one.
Invest at your own risk!
amrulshare

Activity: 1316
Merit: 546

Monday Hit Me Every week

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:57:41 PM

so many trader cryptos getting panic, if you want to double your investment just hold a little bit longer. do not make a crypto investment a top priority  earn money instantly  Smiley

The main key to success is in the value of assets that are getting more valuable. Recommended Crypto Trading platform Binance.com
BLTC

Activity: 150
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:00:24 PM

I think it's always good time to get out if you wanted to get some profit and keep your money in there. But I guess the best percentage if you are in the losing side is get out if you drop 10-20 percent already.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 Cowrium.net  ║A Multidimensional Blockchain & Smart Contract Innovation driven by Cowrie (https://www.cowrium.net/)
nioctiB#1

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:03:11 PM

hey guys ...

Before entering any cryptocurrency market you should have first set a target profit on when will you get out both short term and long term investment. if you decide to go for short term of course you will want to get out when a coin you bought has reached its peak and we dont know when or what price range is the peak that is why you have to set a target percentage profit 5 to 10% is enough. when going long term you want to make huge profit but you will never know when to sell until it drastically increases its value.
xperiance1814

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:04:13 PM

Actually, I would cash out what I earnt and let "play" with the benefits and also cash out slowly a few bucks, maybe just what you need.
DanielRR1997

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:05:32 PM

Why exit? Cash out what you need, whenever you need it. Just like any other investment or a bank account. The notion that you need to "exit" implies an active trading strategy and that you think there is somewhere better to store your wealth. The real question you should ask is "what store of wealth/value do you think is better than BTC and when should I move wealth from BTC to that other notional store of value?
zurc

Activity: 275

SOKOS.io

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:09:54 PM

hey guys ...

Well, it depends to a person but if you are aiming for a higher profit which is you want to get 10x then you will have to wait even how long it will take and your patience is a must

anton.osipov84

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:11:35 PM

never get out of the cryptocurrency at the peak of its fall. the situation may change
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:16:09 PM

Get out on profits. x10 or x5 or whatever when you get the peak you can get out. Buy in the dip again. Even with applications or what, you can sense that by watching the volume of bought and sold. No need to get greedy, profit is still a profit but to maximize those I bet you need applications, research and composure/discipline. Goodluck, take profits.
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:16:55 PM

hey guys ...

That really depends on you personally 100k is a perfect exist point for me at that time i wil take profit on any of my investment 10x profit is enough for me on a 10k investment.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
luffy7

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:20:27 PM

Cash on initial profits on 3x and above. and hodl platform coins till 100x.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: