Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:17:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The advantages and disadvantages of the new merit system  (Read 135 times)
Indrawan77 (OP)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:17:43 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 12:58:20 AM by Indrawan77

I am trying to collect the information and opinion from the the users about the new merit system, hopefully this can be the reference to upgrade the new merit system

Advantages

-there will be less spammer
-campaign manager will be easier to choose the candidate for the campaign (if the system is not abused yet)

1. It forces you to level up your game, learn things, make good post, and in a result it will make the better version of you. It is not easy but it is not an impossible task if you realize the meaning of the system.
2. Less spammer, well it depends. If people care enough about merits, then it would increase the post quality, but if they are not, then they can still spam.
3. Less account farmer. This is serious matter, if we can decrease account farmer, then other people who deserves to be on a campaign can join a campaign ( by deserves I mean if someone is a great poster and a great forum-person, then it would be a sad thing if they don't get the job just because someone is a account farmer with many low quality posts)
4. Less competitor in a sig campaign. In the future, manager will only select people with higher merit in each of the rank system, and maybe put it as requirement to get a higher payment.

Disadvantages

- it will take more time to rank up
-the red tag member will have more value, although red tag member can't join most of the campaign, but they will have the value to farm merit
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:51:24 PM

Let me guess, you're on a quest to get the least merit possible and maybe even a ban because you're obviously farming campaign posts here. Do you know that consecutive posting can get you banned? You could've written all that in a single post but why would you if you can fool your stupid campaign manager and triple the profit without breaking a sweat. Roll Eyes

athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:16:05 PM

In my opinion, this is a great system to be implemented. Right now, what we need is to give it time to be working perfectly for our forum.
Here is my list of advantages and disadvantages of the new system called merit points :
1. It forces you to level up your game, learn things, make good post, and in a result it will make the better version of you. It is not easy but it is not an impossible task if you realize the meaning of the system.
2. Less spammer, well it depends. If people care enough about merits, then it would increase the post quality, but if they are not, then they can still spam.
3. Less account farmer. This is serious matter, if we can decrease account farmer, then other people who deserves to be on a campaign can join a campaign ( by deserves I mean if someone is a great poster and a great forum-person, then it would be a sad thing if they don't get the job just because someone is a account farmer with many low quality posts)
4. Less competitor in a sig campaign. In the future, manager will only select people with higher merit in each of the rank system, and maybe put it as requirement to get a higher payment.

1. I cant see any disadavantages, you cant say that someone will take more time to rank up, if they re making many good post, then i am sure merits will come and they will rank up as usual.

And last, you are not allowed to do that kind of posting style, it is prohibited by the rules of this forum.
Instead of doing that, you can try using quote commands like my post here.

jmiro1

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:37:37 PM

Okay, this is the topic I was looking for. I want to know more about this merit system. When and how do I get those merits? What should be the way using these merits? What is the duration I get to use them? Hopefully someone will clear things out by quoting me. Thanks in advance
Indrawan77 (OP)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:22:34 PM

Let me guess, you're on a quest to get the least merit possible and maybe even a ban because you're obviously farming campaign posts here. Do you know that consecutive posting can get you banned? You could've written all that in a single post but why would you if you can fool your stupid campaign manager and triple the profit without breaking a sweat. Roll Eyes

I am sorry I thought that is going to be easier to read when it posted in different post, but, I had deleted it and put it back in one post

Previously I intended to compile every post and put it in the list, that is why I put it in different post
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: