Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:01:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Follow All Your Alts Progress?  (Read 173 times)
jollyreti (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:20:53 PM
Merited by hoodi (5), Drunkenhorse (1)

In the beginning I had a bit of Bitcoin and Ethereum and there was no necessity in 3rd party tools. Then at some point I started to invest in new crypto's and the problem I had was understanding did I make any profit today when markets went up, how much will I make tomorrow etc.  I decided that I need a program that will remember at what price I did buy particular crypto, what is the average price now on coinmarketcap now and how much did I profit, perhaps some graphics would be cool too.

Here are some solutions that I found, you can check them out and use the right one:

1) Automated Google Spreadsheet - https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@mix1009/cryptocurrency-portfolio-template-for-google-sheets
It looks kinda cool, but what I did not like is that I had to give all possible access to the script and that makes me uncomfortable. If you are fine with that, just follow the instructions and write down all your portfolio.

2) Coinlib.io - This is an alternative to coinmarketcap but they also have a very clean portfolio tool, which can be used exactly for following your alt coins. It is very easy to used, but what I did not like is that crypto rates on Coinlib.io differ a bit from coinmarketcap, probably because they have a smaller list of markets. Nevertheless, if you follow rates on coinlib then you certainly need to use their portfolio tool, it might be very handy.

3) Cointracking.info - Very advanced tool, with tonnes of options. Available in desktop and mobile version. For me it was a bitt too much complex and I did not really like their design. However, I am sure it will find a lot of followers.

4) Altpocket.io - this is my personally favorite tool. It has very modern design , it is clean, easy to use and not over complicated. It has integrated chat/feed  where people exchange their opinions on particular alts.

Here is a list of some other tools that I have investigated but did not like for different reasons, but you might have a different opinion and like them, here they are :

- cryptocompare.com
- blockfolio.com
- coin.fyi
- cryptofolio.info
- lionshare.capital
- coincap.io
- coingecko.com

Hope this little post will save you lots of time!
Drunkenhorse

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 03:24:38 PM

Thank you for the list, it might really save some of my time. It is impossible to correct all number manually.
hoodi

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:30:35 PM

That is a great list of crypto portfolio tools, you get my merits for that bro. keep it going Smiley

potatobanana

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:54:37 PM

Thanks I tried to do it with google sheets but could not find price listing for the different coins.
Didn't think of using coinmarketcap for the sheet.
Castlereagh

Activity: 154
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:22:06 PM

I personally use the Coinmarket Cap API and pull it into Excel so that I can fully customise the format of my tracking table... I mean, now that I've looked at some of those links, I think I may have been a bit stupid and wasted too much time doing it - as it was really painstaking. The issue is, however, that I look after a portfolio for some family and friends also, and I need to keep their totals separate from mine... and so far I haven't found a solution, like an app, that handles that.

If you're interested in making your own tracker in Excel, this article covers it - but, here's the opening para... as the guy says, it's a bit masochistic:

"If you're a masochist like me, you like to use Excel to manage your portfolio. The amount of customization and control is simply unparalleled. I can see nice graphs and visual aids that show me which of my altcoin investments are growing most, track my fiat conversions, and so much more, but typing in all those prices, market caps, and stats is a pain. Here I'm going to show you how to pull live data from two different websites so that you too can make the Excel spreadsheet of your dreams."

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@tomshwom/excel-portfolio-how-to-get-live-prices-and-stats
PetrovichCoinMaster

Activity: 224
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:57:08 PM

Thanks for the interesting article. Signed up on your recommendation in the service Altpocket. Very comfortable and functional. I liked it more than Cryptocompare, because it has all of my tokens.
timet678

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:59:57 PM

I use an app called Delta to check my portfolio on my phone. I like it a lot better than Blockfolio.

https://getdelta.io/

tangbori

Activity: 272
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:13:02 PM

Thanks for the list of the altcoins tracking website and apps. I also use blockfolio and coinportfolio application to monitor my altcoins here.
doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:32:04 PM

I use an app called Delta to check my portfolio on my phone. I like it a lot better than Blockfolio.

https://getdelta.io/
I use both, it turns out blockfolio and delta have different accuracy. I always compare it with opening Exchange.
both very helpful to monitor my trade.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █