Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:50:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the US strike against Syria cause a world war?  (Read 1798 times)
Cyt6000 (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 12:38:21 AM

It's pretty far fetched, but you never know.
food for thought
Kyle91

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 12:57:39 AM

not sure why everyone keeps thinking a world war is going to happen against Syria, bunch of pessimists.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 11:28:17 AM

It's because history always repeats and the Americans are using the exact same tactics they used before to scare everyone into going to war with Syria, I don't know about the U.S but I was pleasantly surprised to see people actually having the balls to stand up to the leadership in our parliament, you may already know they voted down Cameron when he tried to rush us into war again. That said, I'm still feeling pretty suspicious, I expect the leadership is going to go around 'doing things properly' now and the warmongering cunts are clearly still going to try it. Remember how they told everyone that Saddam had nukes and when that didn't work it was gas and when that didn't work he was an evil dictator they were going to dispose of?

It looks like we got listened to but I still have my doubts, also, I don't think a World War will happen with Syria, I think it will happen with Iran and that's because it's close allies with China, Syria is another one of those dictatorships propped up by the Americans so the Eastern powers aren't really going to give a shit what happens to them realistically if the U.S goes in solo.
marcovaldo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 11:31:39 AM

A world war? I don't think that Syria or Iran can strike and attack Europe or America. It is not a world war because it is a war between countries from all over the world. It is a world war because the war happens everywhere in the world, which is not gonna happen.

BITEX
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                              ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███

The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank
TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE

███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
               ███     ███     ███
                 ███     ███     ███

WHITEPAPER | ANN
JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 12:00:52 PM

(speculation admission -- pew-pew diplomacy fantasy)

No. It'd be China & Russia (basically the entirety of the remaining countries sticking to the "Partnership for Peace" over fully integrating into NATO) vs. world. They aren't led by complete imbeciles, so the world war fantasy is flat-out implausible.

These asinine strikes on underdeveloped countries aren't an attack on a NATO member -- they're US-aggressive wars "strikes" - so NATO members can fairly safely just say "nah, ain't relevant to my interests." However, if a NATO member were actually DoW'd by another country (like Iran), NATO members would be compelled to strike back at the aggressor. So, basically, the USG can go around shooting at any non-NATO country it likes on its own, but if another country dares to intervene, all of NATO comes down on them. The Partnership for Peace is in no position to intervene in any Western imperialist aggression. Their only real bet is to rattle the nuclear sabers, which'd also be suicide, but they might "win," at least. Economically, they're just as reliant on us as we are on them -- even a conventional war between the US and China would be mutually-assured destruction.

So, anyway - think of it this way. Syria can defend themselves and just play around with the USG until the USG gets tired and says "alright - Al-Assad is replaced, we killed a lot of aggressive natives, and the remaining natives accepted a USG-approved leader. We'll call this victory and head out." However, if Iran decided to walk into the conflict, it'd eliminate any chance Syrians had of negotiating a relatively status quo peace agreement, because Iran (or whatever) would've given valid cause of war, and lawfully compelled the Europeans to join in the massacre. All of NATO would be on Syria and Iran if Iran or any other country were stupid enough to intervene, and they'd almost certainly end up as NATO satellites (Germany-style) instead of possibly being allowed a relative amount of independence if the citizens of Syria realize it's hopeless and bow to the USG. Right now, the US has absolutely no valid cause to occupy and effectively vassalize Syria. They claim they have cause to just pop in, kill off try the executive branch and some other dissidents of US-NATO hegemony, establish a "fair" government, and head back out -- it's BS, but Eurasia isn't going to take a Syrian invasion alone as cause for intervening against the US.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 12:05:09 PM

I don't know about that Kluge, like I said, I think this is a plan the U.S has had in the works for awhile to go after Iran, once they finally get Syria then they'll have Iran almost completely isolated making it difficult for Iran's allies to send help, you ever looked at google maps and seen how the countries the U.S has invaded are positioned? It looks like a classic pincer movement to me, I guess we'll know what everyone will do if the U.S does actually decide to invade all by itself.

You also have the fact that Iran as well has apparently been preparing and learning how to fight against the tactics used by the U.S and all that stuff about the blockades happening awhile ago.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 12:31:56 PM

I doubt it. A few countries might attack Syria but it will not cause a world war.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 12:39:42 PM

No world war
Maybe a new cold war

I'm keeping some popcorn in my cellar though

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 12:42:54 PM

Iraq war v2.0
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 02:29:38 PM

A world war? Heck no.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 02:40:51 PM

A lot of people think a world war will come from the East

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
rpg

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 03:07:49 PM

food for thought

if a missile lands on a certain country (russia)  naval base or flies pass syria into another country (iran)  you can be sure there will be retaliation and all out war.
bumpk1nK

Activity: 265

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 03:18:06 PM

Will the US strike against Syria cause a world war?

World war ?  No, with your logic there would be world war every few yeas already

dc98wdHhcjkwleHUnBce8gd87teibN9ys38y3uTgsHG02e9-ok my keyboard works!
Insurance is a ripoff.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 03:37:51 PM

I'm just saving some popcorn, can't wait to watch the US airstrikes  Cheesy Cool

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
zwanzig20

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 08:15:45 PM

NO way that is going to happen.

food for thought

if a missile lands on a certain country (russia)  naval base or flies pass syria into another country (iran)  you can be sure there will be retaliation and all out war.

How the hell would the first one happen?
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5208
Merit: 12998

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 08:36:00 PM

A common argument against anarcho-capitalism is that it's not as good at defending against external aggressors, but this situation demonstrates a major weakness in governments: The US government can take total control of Syria by just compromising the Syrian government, which is probably pretty easy. In an ancap region, there would be no central government to take control of; the aggressor would have to fight decentralized groups of combatants until they are all defeated. Compare Syria to Afghanistan, where the decentralized Taliban has still not been eradicated after 10+ years and billions of dollars.

I'd still like to see the current Syrian government successfully stand up against the US. Do you think there's any chance of this?

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 09:01:23 PM

When does the congress vote on this?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 09:26:18 PM

Two days before 9/11.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 09:49:31 PM

Two days before 9/11.
and this made me confused..

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 10:04:42 PM

Two days before 9/11.
and this made me confused..
September 9th, 2013.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 10:23:05 PM

That is clear now.
Well there is still time before those strikes.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Hamguy

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 10:30:46 PM

A world war? I don't think that Syria or Iran can strike and attack Europe or America. It is not a world war because it is a war between countries from all over the world. It is a world war because the war happens everywhere in the world, which is not gonna happen.

If america attacks syria, Russia will attack america because that attack would be Illegal, if america is going to do shit on its own while the other countries must follow the world law than they will surely attack america and back syria. all of the american allies. if america even has allies anymore will back america while all of russia's allies will back russia, maybe china will back russia or the other. North Korea will surely get involved and take this chance to attack south korea, Japan will try to back south korea because they both hate the north koreans and chinese. and the arab countries will wipe israel off the map. and the Israelis being the sociopaths zionist they are will likely launch the samson option.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 10:38:58 PM

September 9th, 2013.
That is clear now.
Well there is still time before those strikes.
The administration has stated and restated it doesn't need Congressional authority to strike. Idunno if they'd still do it if Congress voted the plans down.
pgbit

Activity: 771
Merit: 258

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 10:53:23 PM

Lots of things to consider here. The Russians have a naval base in Syria and have sent more than a dozen warships to the region back in May. Of note, the Russian base in Syria caters for nuclear-armed warships. Any attack on Syria could make relations between global powers particularly frosty, and repeats of any 'stand-offs' would not be welcomed. But the Russians have stated that they won't be drawn into a war.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_naval_facility_in_Tartus
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/17/russia-sends-warships-missiles-syria/
More of a concern perhaps, Iranian military are reportedly saying that any attack on Syria will certainly 'spill over' outside Syrian borders. And their supreme leader is quoted as saying: "Starting this fire will be like a spark in a large store of gunpowder, with unclear and unspecified outcomes and consequences,". If there is regime change in Syria, Iran would lose one of its few regional allies. It is not inconceivable that Iran might use regional aggression as an excuse to attack Israel.
http://www.timesofisrael.com/iran-attack-on-syria-will-set-us-israel-ablaze/
Any Iranian involvement could trigger a major oil supply problem, particularly if ongoing attacks on Iraqi oil pipelines are successful in disrupting supplies. This could be economically crippling for many countries struggling to recover from recessions, especially in Europe. The EU bailout fund (potentially 500bn Euros) probably can't bail out more than just Spain. Spain might need 350bn, others a lot more. And then there's Greece, facing an accelerated exit from the EU? Governments in trouble just love to talk about war, it gets them re-elected it seems. As the assassination of just 2 people, Archduke Ferdinand and his wife, played a major part in the onset of a previous world war, and the same additional ingredients exist today: "militarism, alliances, imperialism, and nationalism", it is quite impossible to predict any chain reaction of events that might occur with a 'teach-them-a-lesson' military strike on Syria. It just could be about to get a lot worse.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 11:36:46 PM

More of a concern perhaps, Iranian military are reportedly saying that any attack on Syria will certainly 'spill over' outside Syrian borders. And their supreme leader is quoted as saying: "Starting this fire will be like a spark in a large store of gunpowder, with unclear and unspecified outcomes and consequences,". If there is regime change in Syria, Iran would lose one of its few regional allies. It is not inconceivable that Iran might use regional aggression as an excuse to attack Israel.
I've read some arguing he was referring to the Sunni/Shiite schism, and sectarian violence. Some news sources have portrayed the Syrian civil way as a Sunni uprising against a minority oppressor(al-Assad is a Shiite). Worth noting, Iran and Iraq contain ~50% of all Shiites in the world. If a military strike is perceived (or used in propaganda) as the US protecting a Sunni puppethood, it could cause all sorts of renewed conflicts. I wouldn't know.
xkeyscore89

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 02:42:07 AM

food for thought

No, not a world war, it may cause an attack on Israel, however.
MoneyGod

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 07:12:04 AM

No world war

Peter Lambert

Activity: 756

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 06:12:28 PM

It could cascade into a world war.

The US says "Hey, chemical weapons are bad!", so they lob some missiles at Syria. Russia says "Hey, US, mind your own business!" and starts lobbing missiles at US targets. China says "Hey, US, mind your own business, and by the way the South China sea belongs to us", and they start lobbing missiles at US targets and invade Malaysia. India then says "WTF are you doing, China, that's disrupting our supply routes" and they start lobbing missiles into China. Then Pakistan says "mind your own business, India, and by the way, the northern part of India should be ours anyway", so they invade India. Then some central African nation will join the US side, but their neighbor will take the opposite side and so they will start fighting. So on and so forth, until everybody is fighting.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 06:22:03 PM

The US says "Hey, chemical weapons are bad!", so they lob some missiles at Syria. Russia says "Hey, US, mind your own business!" and starts lobbing missiles at US targets. China says "Hey, US, mind your own business, and by the way the South China sea belongs to us", and they start lobbing missiles at US targets and invade Malaysia. India then says "WTF are you doing, China, that's disrupting our supply routes" and they start lobbing missiles into China. Then Pakistan says "mind your own business, India, and by the way, the northern part of India should be ours anyway", so they invade India. Then some central African nation will join the US side, but their neighbor will take the opposite side and so they will start fighting. So on and so forth, until everybody is fighting.
I love that way of describing things

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 06:32:02 PM

I love that way of describing things

Oh, and I forgot about Israel, they will of course start fighting with all their neighbors. And some parts of Russia will take the opportunity to rebel again. And Mexican Cartels declare independence and start a war along the US-Mexico border?

Is there any tension in South America that could add to the cascade to total world war?

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Notanon

Activity: 388

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 07:58:15 PM

Hopefully Saudi Arabia gets flattened in the process and the supply of funding for Sunni extremism gets cut off in the process.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: