Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:58:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Mine Litecoin and other Altcoins?  (Read 102 times)
Julian Page (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:32:00 PM

How to Mine Litecoin and other Altcoins?
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raoul78

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:05:55 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=160.0

Here you can find info on mining of altcoins.

█   REALTYCOIN   █
the most PROFITABLE place to INVEST in the world
▬  ICO is LIVE  ▬ (http://therealtycoin.io)
if_so_klara_99

Activity: 80

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:09:37 PM

Buy a rig, get a wallet and you are good to go! Make sure to do a lot of research in this field! Remember to research how to use mining calculators in order to understand how much to spend and how to make good profit!  Wink
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:11:04 PM

Each coin has different mining software. Search for mining software of each coin.
Avaemily

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:23:22 PM

Hi

Basically to type of Hardware available in the market one is GPU miner and Asic Miner. Both have advantages and disadvantages Its depend on you what you like.

MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:32:01 AM

It's possible to use just your computer's CPU to mine some of the digital currencies, even if you have only a laptop with integrated graphics. If you're a beginner, and thinking of going it alone, it's more complicated than with a pool. This option also creates a steadier stream of income, even if each payment is modest compared to the full block reward. Hope this helps  Smiley Good luck!
LtMotioN

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:50:49 AM

You need to decide what you want to mine first. Here is a vague breakdown of what you need for each. I have some experience with some of these, sharing my experience on mining them with a high end gaming laptop.

BTC/LTC(Sha256/Scrypt)

For these you need ASIC hardware (like antminers and stuff). If you want to mine these be ready to sacrifice a room in your house with AC's installed, clean power and all that. There is absolutely zero point in trying to GPU mine these. You will get paid next to zero unless you use ASICs

Ethereum(Ethhash) - mine with  CC Miner
This is a great one for GPU mining, however if you dont have seriously powerful GPU's it wont be able to generate shares fast enough. If you buy a full on GPU mining rig then mining ether is a great idea though. Just  remember you need really high end cards to get good shares with high memory. My laptop sucked a bit at mining ether.

Blake and other GPU algos
I have tried mining some of these other algos, I cant remember them all off the top of my head lol. But long story short, some of these instantly overheated my laptop. Be careful when you mine, dont just start it and leave the house to go party. Make sure you know the heat your equipment has to deal with.

Monero & friends (Cryptonote) - mine with xmr stak
These are the ones I experience are the best to mine. My PC takes limited heat from this and most of these coins are quite profitable. If you are a common Joe with a gaming PC then Monero and its forks are a good idea. These are minable on your CPU and GPU. I can leave this running 24/7 and my GPU takes less strain than when im gaming.

I am sure others will have different experiences and insights, but I  hope this helps you

Dogs are nice, I don't like cats though.
BitcoinFrik

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:55:31 AM

How to Mine Litecoin and other Altcoins?

Best way to mine is to join a pool. This way you will actually earn something instead of just hoping to mine 1 block by yourself.
Here are some pools where you can mine Altcoins:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=199.0
silvertulip

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:14:37 AM

to mine litecoin you special and expensive hardware ASIC's.
you should check to be sure you are going to make profit.
some other altcoins can be mined with gpu's and are recommended for newbies on small budget
JaredStein

Activity: 379
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:52:49 AM

Every coin has a different way to mine.

You need to buy miners so that you can mine these coins but it is not easy to mine any coin these days.
chulos

Activity: 268
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:09:05 PM

Litecoin and other altcoins can be mining in several ways.

The first option is Mining with custom hardware
If you choose to engage in virtual currency mining, you can use the CPU or GPU for computational operations.

The second option is the altcoins mining in the pool
There are many pool types. Some are designed to mining one currency, but there are also multipools where you can switch from currency to currency.

The third option is mining altcoins in the cloud
If you do not want to invest in the new GPU, ASIC, you can also rent special servers that some companies rent for a monthly fee and which are primarily designed for mining altcoins.

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.org - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: