Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:23:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should schools teach about psychology and depression earlier?  (Read 243 times)
jlaw007 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:55:58 PM

Should schools teach about psychology and depression earlier?
melscrypto

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:02:40 AM

I think that healthy stress coping and healthy relationship skills should be taught in health classes very early on, and continuing throughout the school years. Both of these pieces of education might help people who come from dysfunctional families the opportunity to break the cycle and live healthier lives, and might help those with mental health issues to identify when their coping has become unhealthy and when it's time to seek treatment.
lodi123

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:09:42 AM

For me it should be so that the child can motivate and getting more knowledge when he/she encounter depression on life because its a part of life
zuyfg888

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:28:02 AM

Maybe yes, but it should me in mid high school. Because a lot of teenagers suffers those kind of sickness. So that in order for them to avoid those things they will have an idea how to manage or to overcome it.  Because im seeing 5 out of 10 teenagers suffers depression and the result of that they are committing suicide. So for them, to have knowledge about it it should be teach in the school. 
FlareX

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:30:59 AM

For me, it's a YES!!! Students nowadays are experiencing different types of depression caused by unpredicted event in their lives. Depression mostly made by emotional stress to students makes them war freaks where they tend to hurt others and sadly theirselves which sometimes lead to their death (suicide). We can consider this as a mental illness and strong parental concerns and caring should be needed. Phycholologists are often needed for the treatment. So if phychology and depression are thougth earlier to schools, students will learn how to manage their emotions and learn how to socialize so they learn to appreciate others and theirselves. It will teach them to understand those people that are depressed and will learn to prevent this.
Temitope

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:09:40 AM

Psychology and depression i think it is necessary to be thought early in life because some of the teenagers are experiencing difficulties in the family. Teaching psychology early in life will allow them to know that they can come out of depression
PIR

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:47:00 AM

yes, I think it can be so that at early age they will be able to understand what it is, why it is happening and what the is necessary when one encounter it, they should teach it, simply and in healthy environment, so that they maybe able to accept it lightly and understand it correctly so that when time comes they encounter it somehow they maybe able to know how to deal with it and cope up when they're undergoing it in the near future.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |    DISCORD    |     TELEGRAM
chess888

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:53:18 AM

"Psychology" is a broad subject. Even though it would be helpful teaching about it earlier in school, its impact on the individual may vary depending on the areas that it would focus on. I think introducing psychology to young adolescents would be of great help with focus on human behaviors based on age. Depression should definitely tackled, awareness of it would impact the youth into becoming a stronger individual.
riptv

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:54:38 AM

Yeah I think they should!!!
GentelMe

Activity: 73

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:45:14 PM

Yes i think that will be the best solution to a perfect society it's a way to increase open minded ppl
Doofzkie

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:00:08 PM

Yes of course, it will opened their mind and warm their selves into that topic, and they will have an idea of how can they get out of depression when they are in.
Katagatame

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:29:51 PM

Schools should teach ways to cope up with stress. I also experienced depression but through martial arts I was able to overcome it
AdarWeinreb

Activity: 71

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:15:08 PM

Yes! Along with emotional intelligence, human behavior and mindfulness.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:15:49 PM

Anything that would give kids an advantage should be though early. Psychology would allow them to learn how the mind works. I suppose that would also cover topics like peer pressure and addiction. Ideally, they'll learn to identify destructive behaviors so they can seek help earlier than wait for the problem to get worse.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:18:22 PM

I really don’t think that enough attention are being given to the mental health to the people of the of the world, because of that there is the rise of suicide in a lot of depressed people. There no curriculum regarding mental health in schools.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
umrohyuk

Activity: 155

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:03:16 PM

I think it is no need to teach about both psychology and depression earlier. The need is to prepare the psychology of the students in early age. They should be aware that they should be man with good attitude.
sabina2011

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:22:41 AM

Yes, I think so, awareness should be first taught in the home and the school. In reality, these things contribute a lot to the behavior of the students.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Jeremiesaranza

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

EMMARES – Email as you know it, will never be the

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:35:36 AM

They should teach kids in the school earlier about depression  and psychology so that they can train or give some knowledge about depression because it a part of our life being depress sometimes

E M M A R E S  ❍ .... Email as you know it, will never be the same.
EMMARES ICO  |   TELEGRAM  |   REDDIT   |   LINKEDIN   Twitter  | MEDIUM  FACEBOOK 
Macai

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:18:00 AM

Depends on how early we are talking about here. If you say elementary grades then it is a no for me. I had a hard time passing my psychology subjects during my high school days then how much more if it is earlier.
Strongball

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:37:04 AM

Yes, that would be very helpful. Lately It has been confirmed that there isn't much support or study regarding mental health and depression.
It just came to the media and everybody's attention when more and more likely incidents were caused by persons of poor mental health
with depression in schools and the community. They should really make this individuals be more aware of the gravity and
importance of facing and handling such issues. Teach them about hope and positive outlook in life. Guide them
on how to deal with personal problems, stress and peer pressure.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: