Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:30:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Samsung going to manufacture ASICs  (Read 488 times)
beachbummer (OP)

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:04:16 PM

Which algo do you think their first ASIC will mine?

Will it be SHA-256? Or Scrypt, X11 or some other algo?

I believe the scale and experience they bring to the table should bring some much needed competition to Bitmain.

https://www.cryptoinfomag.com/2018/01/30/samsung-going-into-the-asic-market/
digitalkeyshop
Copper Member

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:05:25 PM

I will be  SHA-256 for sure (in my opinion)
beachbummer (OP)

Activity: 251

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:15:11 PM

I will be  SHA-256 for sure (in my opinion)
Actually I believe so too. This is probably the biggest market for ASIC now.
However, the hottest market now is for ASIC to mine Sia. Smiley
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:22:06 PM

I believe the scale and experience they bring to the table should bring some much needed competition to Bitmain.

This is actually good information for the ASIC buyer since they have the market through out the world. Hopefully shipping and get the product in hand will be resolved hereafter they came inside the mining product manufacturing.

If they manufacture hardware to mine the btc, eth and litecoin also initially fine but in future they have to come with the mining expert cards like RX 470/570 and etc...
Viecoin

Activity: 852
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:22:15 PM

I think with the current Masternode craze that Samsung should develop an ASIC for Neoscrypt in addition to SHA-256. They would be looked at like Bitmain if they managed to pull that one off.
giveen1

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:25:54 PM

My opinion, is etherum as they are a memory/processor chip company. One of the reasons why we always said Eth would be resistant to ASIC is because the high cost of memory. With Samsung providing their own chips and with their deep experience with development, I could see them doing this.
Castle07

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:45:54 PM

Hm.. An interesting news you have post here...
Well, the best strategy for them is to buy several china's models, repack them into different case and sell to check the market, if it there.
So if they will choose this strategy, then they can "manufacture" different asics for different algos

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
sil2222

Activity: 144

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:41:01 PM

FACKING AWESOME !!!! Its about time Bitmain had real compition they cant bully out of business. Hopefully Samsung will do it right not like bitmain who flood oversell miners ruining investors ROI.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 05:56:14 PM

If SAMSUNG ENTERS ‘MASS PRODUCTION’ OF ASIC MINERS that would be a mess , and bitcoin ASIC miners going to have the same situation just like what happened with D3 Dash miners ...
If any company starting to flood the market with ASIC miners without limiting the sales, thats sooner or later going to kill the mining profitability ...
Only the ASIC maker company going to have a big profit from selling hardware ... Miners going to generate pennies ...

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 05:59:23 PM

It should be good for this game. Most of ASIC chips were fabricated by TSMC, so the miner price is a way high.

Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:22:58 PM

Nothing good of it will not. Samsung has a great potential. They are able to blow up the entire market and leave without a job miners. Bittman has sold 6000 asics for mining Sia. Now this coin is not interesting for the extraction. Who will mine? 2 weeks price asic A3 decreased from $ 2,300 to 940 dollars. What will happen when the market will drop a giant like Samsung?
floppydisk

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:56:32 PM

Perhaps they have to reconsider the risk and exposure even though the market is huge. With Bitmain is flooding the market with new batches of miners at the moment, they have to come out with something much better and more efficient. Difficulty is skyrocketing with new miners from new makers as well. Adoption of their technology is key, if they are better well we all end up upgrading our miners and back to same position, same low return where everyone have equal powerful miners. Eventually, it's good to have imbalance/shortages of miners even if it's artificial. But the moment everyone on the planet have miners, I wonder what would be the yield by that time.
No.15

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:05:10 PM

I think this is the last thing mining needs.  IMO if Samsung mass produces asics, they will flood the market.  It will make them useless to the smaller miners because of difficulty and only the massive datacenters will be profitable.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:13:47 PM

I think this is the last thing mining needs.  IMO if Samsung mass produces asics, they will flood the market.  It will make them useless to the smaller miners because of difficulty and only the massive datacenters will be profitable.

If samsung enters the Bitcoin ASIC market, there will be a rise in price that offsets the addition of hashrate. ASIC mining has long left the smaller miners behind, it has already moved into the datacenter territory.

All the dumbass people that buy an asic then spend 3 months trying to make it quieter and cooler running it in their home rather than running it in a proper server farm will cry, but all the real companies will welcome the additional hardware.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:18:10 PM

I just hope that big money from Samsung doesn't mess up "ASIC resistant" algos...

tinfoilMining

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:18:26 PM

I don't like ASICs
-They gobble up electricity(yes I know they are more efficient pr watt but that doesn't help when they skyrocket the difficulty).
-Creates allot of noise and heat making them less attractive for regular people to mine with at home, thereby causing the blockchain to be less de-centralized.
-If mining on their algo becomes unprofitable then they are basically bricks that will be discarded(GPUs are still useful for mining other algos, or for gaming, and other applications).
-Shitty quality(or so I've read)
-One company basically have monopoly and can threaten security on blockchain.
-Insane price gouging.
No.15

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:41:33 PM

If samsung enters the Bitcoin ASIC market, there will be a rise in price that offsets the addition of hashrate. ASIC mining has long left the smaller miners behind, it has already moved into the datacenter territory.

All the dumbass people that buy an asic then spend 3 months trying to make it quieter and cooler running it in their home rather than running it in a proper server farm will cry, but all the real companies will welcome the additional hardware.

I guess I see your point.  I was looking at it more from a small user perspective from non bitcoin mining.  This was/is in the altcoin section and was basing my opinion on mining other coins. 
jusapel

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:09:13 AM

mining hardware become more cheaper then if this become mass products
Kanvashardas

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:39:09 AM

3 players can't play together. Last few weeks I can't find decent graphic card anywhere. As many new people coming to mining and it is natural to somebody steps in.
In 10 years from now crypto will not be so profitable anymore.
coinut

Activity: 253

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:12:06 AM

mmm wonder what their intentions are, start. sell some asics at the start of project and build a HUGE mining facility End. goto start
 Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: