Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:20:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New system! The person who advises. Who is he?  (Read 248 times)
sergienkoe (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:09:22 PM

After introduction of the Merit system, which many have high hopes, I propose to discuss another topic for improving the forum.

Now the forum is a lot of users who have a lot of Merit or negative trust.
Merit could get "unjustly" from the previous ranking system. Also its not known why the user received a negative trust rating.

The problem of the Merit system and Trust, is that it is too general and does not provide an opportunity to evaluate the experience and knowledge of the user. The situations in which he helped or acted as a fraudster.

I propose to create an evaluation system for certain competence. For example:

- useful information - shares really useful materials with forum users. Well laid out theme that is understandable and useful to readers.
- Help users - helps users with tips, links etc.
- Bounty manager - successfully runs bounty companies.
- Bounty hunter - honestly and qualitatively performs tasks bounty companies.
- Cleaner - for maintaining the cleanliness of the forum, cleaning it from spam and low quality messages. In the last few days, a lot of users have come out with this call.
You can add many more items.

So in a short time, any user of the forum can evaluate the activity of another user, his competence in certain issues.
This will greatly help in assessing the usefulness of the advice that readers receive. When confirming participants in bounty companies. When choosing a bounty of companies, focusing on the manager.

This system will not affect the ranks, but will become an indicator of the competence of the user.
Such a system has many opportunities for advanced development.

I hope my proposal makes sense. Thank you for your time and sorry for my english.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bob3772

Activity: 415
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:35:00 PM

After introduction of the Merit system, which many have high hopes, I propose to discuss another topic for improving the forum.

Now the forum is a lot of users who have a lot of Merit or negative trust.
Merit could get "unjustly" from the previous ranking system. Also its not known why the user received a negative trust rating.

The problem of the Merit system and Trust, is that it is too general and does not provide an opportunity to evaluate the experience and knowledge of the user. The situations in which he helped or acted as a fraudster.

I propose to create an evaluation system for certain competence. For example:

- useful information - shares really useful materials with forum users. Well laid out theme that is understandable and useful to readers.
- Help users - helps users with tips, links etc.
- Bounty manager - successfully runs bounty companies.
- Bounty hunter - honestly and qualitatively performs tasks bounty companies.
- Cleaner - for maintaining the cleanliness of the forum, cleaning it from spam and low quality messages. In the last few days, a lot of users have come out with this call.
You can add many more items.

So in a short time, any user of the forum can evaluate the activity of another user, his competence in certain issues.
This will greatly help in assessing the usefulness of the advice that readers receive. When confirming participants in bounty companies. When choosing a bounty of companies, focusing on the manager.

This system will not affect the ranks, but will become an indicator of the competence of the user.
Such a system has many opportunities for advanced development.

I hope my proposal makes sense. Thank you for your time and sorry for my english.

Of course it would be nice if we could understand where each person falls in to each of these categories but who would be ranking them or how would they be ranked?

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 07:20:02 PM

How about an ordinary user who just enjoys talking about Bitcoin, and discussing problems with other members?

Maybe that is a bit of a radical idea for a Bitcoin discussion forum. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:35:51 PM

I don't really understand what you're aiming at. You've pretty much pointed out all of the things that someone already does here... like Cleaner (mods), Bounty manager (campaign managers), useful information (pretty much anyone who has a useful information to share)... I don't get it, what are you pointing out here.

btw here's my idea about the forum system: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2840455.msg29137254#msg29137254

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
sergienkoe (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:55:43 PM

Of course it would be nice if we could understand where each person falls in to each of these categories but who would be ranking them or how would they be ranked?

Let's Call it "authority".
The system of increasing authority in each direction may differ from each other.
For example:
Cleaner. The person who cares for the cleanliness of the forum. Can increase its credibility for a certain number of reports on a message of poor quality or spam.
Miner. The man who really mines. He can gain authority for quality messages and information.
Bounty manager. A man who runs a bounty company. Raises the authority for a successful company.

how would they be ranked?
To raise the authority you need to file a request. This request must be confirmed by minimum 3 authorities (To exclude manipulation). The first time raise the authority will moderators. Then the authority will be confirmed by 20 (for example) people with the greatest authority in this direction.
About this we need to discuss all together.

How about an ordinary user who just enjoys talking about Bitcoin, and discussing problems with other members?

Maybe that is a bit of a radical idea for a Bitcoin discussion forum. Smiley

No, its not,because authority will not affect the rank increase. This is only a level of competence / professionalism in a certain direction.
For example, a person who has the authority of a bounty hunter in topic of bounty will listen to a lot more people. In the dispute, the "weight" of his word will be higher. You know what I mean.

I don't really understand what you're aiming at. You've pretty much pointed out all of the things that someone already does here... like Cleaner (mods), Bounty manager (campaign managers), useful information (pretty much anyone who has a useful information to share)... I don't get it, what are you pointing out here.

btw here's my idea about the forum system: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2840455.msg29137254#msg29137254

I'm talking about giving these people a deserved authority.
For example you have a lot messages about mining. You are an experienced miner. You have knowledge. But in the discussion no one will study 152 pages of the history of your messages. But if you have the authority of a miner, the "weight" of your words will increase for forum members.

This is not about new merit system or their distribution. This is absolutely new titles indicating the knowledge and abilities  of each individual forum member.
thaayb

Activity: 216
Merit: 104

🥇🥉🎖

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:13:51 PM
Merited by nullius (1)

Cleaner. The person who cares for the cleanliness of the forum. Can increase its credibility for a certain number of reports on a message of poor quality or spam.
Exists, its called moderator.

Miner. The man who really mines. He can gain authority for quality messages and information.
Why would we need a usergroup for miners? What about other users that do not mine but are interrested into this topic?

Bounty manager. A man who runs a bounty company. Raises the authority for a successful company.
Why them? The only thing they are doing here is advertising!

Generally speaking, WHY the heck should this improve anything? There i only one thing to rise your reputation in any forum: good posts.

sergienkoe (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:18:06 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 09:46:12 AM by sergienkoe

I'll try to show it visually
For example in topic Bitcoin Forum > Alternate cryptocurrencies > Mining (Altcoins)
emmber ask
"Im torn between these. Im not sure if the 580's would be better on claymore or if I should use those or the 1070's on NH?"
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ASGCA1jDI3gyqLA82
(dont know how to put picture inside messege)

A person plans to invest money. It would be good to know who gives him advice. Isnt it?
Same in any other topic. There are always experienced members who give advice, and are not experienced. Sometimes this assessment system will help to avoid serious financial losses.
sergienkoe (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:27:40 AM

Exists, its called moderator.
The moderators do not have time to clean everything. Otherwise, the merit system was not needed. It is necessary to stimulate members to keep forum clean by themselves

Why would we need a usergroup for miners? What about other users that do not mine but are interrested into this topic?
We need the group to know how much the advice that the participant gives is qualitative. Example in the picture above this message. We need it not just for miners. For every important direction on the forum.

Why them? The only thing they are doing here is advertising!
[/quote]
You also have advertisements in signature. Does it makes your messages bad? Dont think so.

Generally speaking, WHY the heck should this improve anything? There i only one thing to rise your reputation in any forum: good posts.
coment this plz https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=375643.0
Do you speak about this quality? It deserves 90+ Merit?
shinjunobi09

Activity: 126
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:48:49 AM

So basically you want the ones who is deserving of your said criteria to have a power in the forum like some kind of privileges that the moderators have, wouldn't you think that if that really does happen then many might become abusive of it mate?? I am just wondering excused for my opinion mate.

sergienkoe (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:15:05 AM

So basically you want the ones who is deserving of your said criteria to have a power in the forum like some kind of privileges that the moderators have, wouldn't you think that if that really does happen then many might become abusive of it mate?? I am just wondering excused for my opinion mate.
I once again must focus on the fact that it does not affect rank. or any other abilities (In addition to the small number of the most experienced)
I believe that this system will not be abusive.

This is the same idea as with characters in video games where players who have specialization.
At the forum, members also in some direcion better/more profecional and in some worse/less professional. How can we know what kind of knowleges he have if our rank system show us only the number of Merit and Activity?

Someone pro in mining, someone in coding and some ppl are good in bounty etc. Why not to uncover abilities of our comunity?

yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:26:05 AM

Your topic is quite confusing while Reading the statement of your thread is this a question or you want some clarification about your "concerns". The new feature is implemented to be able to make the members qwuality post as what we can contribute and share. If you want to be clarified then you should contact admin/devs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: