Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 05:08:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and Lightning Network expectations  (Read 134 times)
mrsamuelmills83 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:44:05 PM

The last half year I have heard so much about the Bitcoin lightning network implementation. When do you think it will be finished implemented in full scale?
raypinch

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:45:42 PM

Good question, I hear a lot of news about lightning system , but I don't see a real progress. Bitcoin transfers are still expensive and slow.
mrsamuelmills83 (OP)

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:50:12 PM

I heard something about it increased with 10 x nodes every day or every week. Do not remember exactly but that is why I was asking if someone knew. Think it will bring bitcoin to new heights
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:57:10 PM

The lightning network is a scam brought to you by the very same people that put BTC fees up as high as $55 last month
and has been designed to be a system of hub banks and you can see the network yourself here
https://lnmainnet.gaben.win/

Or maybe read the white paper that talks about Bob sending money to Alice but has the word fees written all over it
https://lightning.network/lightning-network-paper.pdf

This guys sums up the deception quite nicely https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYHFrf5ci_g

Gentlemen we have been deceived but you won't see it you know unless you open your eyes ! 

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:59:38 PM

The last half year I have heard so much about the Bitcoin lightning network implementation. When do you think it will be finished implemented in full scale?

Many are pinning their hope for Bitcoin on Lightning Network and it really has the potential to upgrade Bitcoin in a way we have never seen before. But as what I have heard the whole thing is not yet ready for deployment and in addition we can't be sure if everybody concerned would be fully adopting it. We are just hoping that those involved with it would fast-tracked the whole thing so we can experience a better and faster Bitcoin as it should be.
Icaraswipeout

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:38:33 PM

Worth to have update on the lightning network as it might help the BTC bounce back
oppochain

Activity: 101
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:14:25 AM

I understand that if the lightning network succeeds, that will have a big effect on the bitcoin transaction process, but for now it does not seem to be realized.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:07:24 AM

Many are pinning their hope for Bitcoin on Lightning Network and it really has the potential to upgrade Bitcoin in a way we have never seen before. But as what I have heard the whole thing is not yet ready for deployment and in addition we can't be sure if everybody concerned would be fully adopting it. We are just hoping that those involved with it would fast-tracked the whole thing so we can experience a better and faster Bitcoin as it should be.
There is no point in trying to rush the lightning network, if the devs do that and then there is bug that could cause a great turmoil not only in the price of bitcoin but among users, so it is better to let the devs to take as much time as they need so when the lightning network is fully operational we can use it knowing full well there are not going to be any unpleasant surprises.
monalia

Activity: 685
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:18:15 AM

Bitcoin lightning network is one of the issues in cryptocurrency value. I think it is on process in the market but full scale implemention is not possible in current situation.
 It takes more than six months because already most of the countries are avoid this cryptocurrency so some restrictions are coming soon. But everything should be normal in soon. I hope lightning network is finished in 2019.

goocoin

Activity: 175
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:16:01 AM

Good question, I hear a lot of news about lightning system , but I don't see a real progress. Bitcoin transfers are still expensive and slow.

Bitcoin users around the world have high expectations for the lightning network, but bitcoin has so far not been able to trade quickly, and the need for a lightning network has caused much controversy.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:01:25 PM

In the last few weeks you can experience that the transfers are not expensive anymore and they are not slow anymore, becuase the current fees are 100 times less then it was at the end of last year (it was about 600 sat/B that time, now a 5 sat/B transaction gets into the second or third block without any hassle and with a bit of luck...) Also, the price of bitcoin has become lower and this also reduces the fees. So as long as the bitcoin network is in this ideal state, lightning network developers has a little extra time to continue the development of the project.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: