Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:24:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Using virtual currency in Vietnam can be prosecuted for criminal liability  (Read 169 times)
TennisQ8 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:47:47 PM

As from January 1, 2018 the act of issuing, supplying and using illegal means of payment, including bitcoin and other similar virtual currencies can be prosecuted for criminal liability in Vietnam. Information to users of bitcoin in Vietnam note.  Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided
Triple

Activity: 847
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:48:46 PM

What the heck, are you serious?

Can you provide a link with this information? I'm interested in reading the full article and seeing exactly what Vietnam has in mind when they want to crack down so harshly on crypto users....

Available for Rent - 25 Posts $100/Week. PM me
TennisQ8 (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:50:37 AM

Can you provide a link with this information? I'm interested in reading the full article and seeing exactly what Vietnam has in mind when they want to crack down so harshly on crypto users....

Yes, I'm serious. you can consult under the following link.
http://cafef.vn/tu-1-1-2018-lien-quan-toi-bitcoin-se-bi-xu-phat-ra-sao-20171230111120909.chn
http://vietnamnet.vn/vn/kinh-doanh/tai-chinh/tu-1-1-2018-dung-bitcoin-thanh-toan-bi-di-tu-3-nam-419033.html
This is Vietnamese website, you can google translate into english.  Smiley
Pasadoble

Activity: 336
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:10:44 AM

http://cafef.vn/tu-1-1-2018-lien-quan-toi-bitcoin-se-bi-xu-phat-ra-sao-20171230111120909.chn
http://vietnamnet.vn/vn/kinh-doanh/tai-chinh/tu-1-1-2018-dung-bitcoin-thanh-toan-bi-di-tu-3-nam-419033.html

:/ some countries are becoming really radical. Banning and regulation of crypto have some reasons that we can understand somehow, but making it criminal it is too much.
Rules85

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:18:09 AM

That's really bad news.
So that means bitcoin can't be traded properly in Vietnam, but I'm curious about a question, how does the government track bitcoin transactions? How do it capture?

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Denies

Activity: 532
Merit: 170

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:29:18 AM

I'm not surprised with news like this. although this story is not necessarily true. what happened in Asia, I do not feel surprised. especially in developing countries or the denser population. instead of using that can lead to crime, in fact their officials are corrupt. this is actually a polemic in Asia.
michael shikany

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:34:30 AM

I'm not surprised with news like this. although this story is not necessarily true. what happened in Asia, I do not feel surprised. especially in developing countries or the denser population. instead of using that can lead to crime, in fact their officials are corrupt. this is actually a polemic in Asia.

Yes, I quite agree with you.
Indeed, official corruption in Asian countries is common, and officials can move their assets to the country at will through cryptocurrency.
I think this is something that Asian countries don't allow, so they reject encrypted cryptocurrency.

piterpie

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:47:51 AM

As from January 1, 2018 the act of issuing, supplying and using illegal means of payment, including bitcoin and other similar virtual currencies can be prosecuted for criminal liability in Vietnam. Information to users of bitcoin in Vietnam note.  Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided

I do not think that countries that banned Bitcoin or a virtual currency can say their government has banned the use of virtual money, but you know that those countries still have a lot of participants. By Bitcoin, it may be illegal but beneficial for people using virtual currency
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:06:01 AM

according to this site https://cointelegraph.com/news/vietnam-bans-bitcoin-payments-global-markets-unfazed
following to my country Indonesia then Vietnam banning bitcoin since last year but because Vietnam didn’t contribute too much to the overall trading volume this news only slightly effect for bitcoin price so nothing to worried about that  
Jaron80

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:20:22 AM

That makes more sense
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:24:30 AM

I find it surprising that they introduce measures like this. One would expect they try to tax it rather than ban it. Taxing would at least give them a piece of the cake others are eating, but banning "cakes" completely makes no sense.

Or maybe it is just a temporary measure. Like China did many times. You know, they ban it to buy some time to figure out how to tax it. This would be my interpretation and hope.

nhieutam2008

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:36:51 AM

Yes, I quite agree with you.
Indeed, official corruption in Asian countries is common, and officials can move their assets to the country at will through cryptocurrency.
I think this is something that Asian countries don't allow, so they reject encrypted cryptocurrency.

I agree with you
Laws in Asian countries  is not complete as developed countries. Their technology and laws are not enough to manage virtual currency transactions. There is a risk of money laundering or delinquent transactions
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:36:27 AM

In reality this is very sad. It can affect many people and the market. Some Asian crypto dealers will start selling their coins urgently, and the market will be going down further. The good thing is that the majority of the countries do not make these restrictions.
cryptowizze

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:39:57 AM

lots of things are illegal, it just strengthens their market over time.
rontme

Activity: 101
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:24:49 AM

Vietnam prohibits the distribution, supply, use of bitcoin and other similar virtual currencies as payment methods. The distribution, supply and use of illegal means of payment (including bitcoin and other similar virtual currencies) will be subject to administrative penalties ranging from 150 million to 200 million.
hoabien780

Activity: 13
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:51:21 PM

Vietnam prohibits the distribution, supply, use of bitcoin and other similar virtual currencies as payment methods. The distribution, supply and use of illegal means of payment (including bitcoin and other similar virtual currencies) will be subject to administrative penalties ranging from 150 million to 200 million.

since 2018, the release behavior, supply and use of means of payment not legally (including the virtual currency Bitcoin and other similar) can be fined from 50,000,000 to 300,000. VND or imprisonment from 6 months to 3 years according to the provisions at Point h, Clause 1, Article 206 of the Penal Code 2015 (amended and supplemented in 2017).  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: