Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:08:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone heard of CPChain? Any info? What/where/who?!!  (Read 390 times)
NWJBL (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:55:32 PM

A few days ago I heard about this new CPChain coin, came out of nowhere and there wasn't even an ICO, apparently? Firstly, why didn't they do an ICO? All of it got sold to private investors

https://www.newsbtc.com/2018/01/27/cpchain-next-generation-internet-things-launched/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vechain/comments/7tujvd/bringing_this_genie_out_of_the_lamp_why_i/

http://cryptobutlers.com/cpchain/

There was no public ICO and the private sale had a minimum contribution of 100 ETH.

CPChain gained hype because of their strong list of investors. But have yet to show any effort in marketing themselves to the public.

It sounds really intriguing, non-existent marketing team, no exposure in the West, 30m hardcap reached entirely by private investors and big groups (7000ETH went in from one address, lollll)
Metaverse, HPB, QTUM and VeChain are partners/investors (or both? Not clear)

So, what's the play? I am really on the fence about it, sounds like it could be a seriously, seriously big deal pretty soon. Trading on etherdelta right now at 3x ico price after about 16 hours. I'm going to decide by tomorrow morning if I'm buying in.

If anyone has actual legit info about this coin/team/project it would be great to hear it because so far it's all pretty new and no one seems to understand where it came from, lol.

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1184625)
NWJBL (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:23:27 PM

I found this reddit post about it. I'm still not fully convinced but I did buy a small amount on ED just now. Might buy more if it looks bullish soon.

-------------

3 year investor here.

I decided to do my due diligence on CPChain. Like many people I found CPChain after word spreading that they partnered with Vechain. Seemed like a no brainer to buy even a little bit as Vechain has shown it is a force in the future of the cryptocurrency/blockchain space.

After learning of CPC I have been doing some real research and gathering all I can find, here is my analysis:

Partnerships

QTUM, Metaverse, HPB and a few others are also partners as well as Vechain.. This is a big deal because naturally each of these communities will see and hear about the project as time goes on. The details of the partnership are still not clear but I imagine they will involve interoperability between each of their blockchains.

The Team Sigh It's always hard researching Chinese cryptocurrencies. They really do not care about marketing which makes searching information about said crypto much more difficult. At this point in time CPC is brand new, a baby in the crypto game. No one has wrote any articles about them yet; however, I was able to find some of Dr Chengnian Long's (CPC's CEO)publications from his time at Shanghai Jiao Tong University in Shanghai, China. His profile on CPChain.io 's website says he is part of the China Automation Association which makes sense as the link above states a photoless Chengnian Long is in of the Department of Automation at SJTU. His profile on researchgate.net has over 51 research items usually with about 4-5 contributing memebers including himself.

This alone made me feel very confident in CPChain, as their goal is to become the 4.0 blockchain of IoT. IoT in general is all about automation, here we have 2 doctors (wasn't able to find information on the 2nd, Dr Bin Zhao) and a strong team from what I see on their website. Their overall goal gives me IOTA vibes, but with much stronger partnership from the start. A stronger team? Only time will tell.

MASTERNODES

This was what made me decide, yes. I used to mine many years ago but once I discovered masternodes I was a huge fan. And then as I'm nearing the end of reading CPC's white paper I discover this:

The CPChain Foundation will charge CPC from developers and service providers of various smart contracts and pays for the gas required for operation of smart contracts to ensure the operation of all business smart contracts. The majority of CPC revenue received will be rewarded to node providers, while the remaining part is used for funding follow-up day-to-day operations, commercial promotion, and technology development.

Run a node, earn CPC. I was an early adopter of Vechain but like many I didn't buy enough to be at masternode status, and I wasn't willing to sell my other biggest holdings to do it. Here we have another opportunity to get in on the node action.

Now as it stands, there are no details as to what will be required to run a node so I did my own analysis on this.

I compared it with the Vechain's masternode details:

At 250,000 VET you can apply to be one of the 101 Authority MasterNodes, these are also called Thrudheim Masternodes.

A minimum of 150,000 VET is required to become the highest rewarded Economy node known as Mjolnir Masternodes.

From 50,000 - 149,999 VET you can qualify as a Thunder Node which will be rewarded less than a Mjolnir but higher than the following nodes.

From 10,000-49,999 VET you qualify as a Strength node which is the lowest rewarded economy node but is still paid more than any non-node VET stake.

Below 10,000 VET will allow you to receive a default reward that will be set by the Foundation. This will be the lowest reward possible but also requires nothing regarding commitment long term.

Now there are 2 important factors I must consider with determining what CPC's node staking will require:

CPC has more than double the supply the total supply of Vechain (1Billion CPC vs 460M VEN)
EDIT /u/dcryptod pointed out that VEN actually has a very similar total supply as CPC. 1B CPC & 873M VEN.

Unlike Vechain you will not earn a GAS type of crypto like Thor, you will earn CPC.
So my thoughts are I believe you will have to own a significant amount of CPC in order to run a node as they will most likely not be looking to have a plethora of them due to the fact that nodes will be paid in CPC. This also leads me to believe they will not offer multi tiers like Vechain does as explained above.

All things considered I believe you will have to own a significant amount of CPC to run a node, my guess is 50k to 100k shares.

When I consider the fact that the ICO sold out in the pre sale, it tells me that most of the initial sales were to strategic partners and big time investors. These strategic partners will most likely be running nodes as they will probably have their own IoT services they will be running through CPChain. Because of this I feel the time is now to go all in and hope you have enough to be node eligible. This is of course my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

Conclusion

What CPChain is trying to accomplish is very ambitious and there isn't a road map yet as far as I can see, so the project may not see huge updates for awhile but once they start making serious progress the sky is the limit as the team is stacked, the partnerships are real, there are node incentives, marketing hasn't began yet, and the product is IoT which has low competition compared to other cyrpto categories... it is for all of these reasons I am calling CPC a potential gold mine.

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1184625)
Drayberr

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:06:10 PM

nice review sir. thank for idea
enixon291077

Activity: 316
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:09:25 AM

CPChain (CPC) Gets Listed on KuCoin!

https://news.kucoin.com/en/cpchain-cpc-gets-listed-on-kucoin/
racatbtc

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:51:26 AM

Do not miss CPChain, one of the next best buy !! ts not too late to accumulate for get a tiered masternode
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: