Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:18:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do I Setup and Mine with a ASIC USB Block Eruptor with CGMiner?  (Read 1215 times)
AC130AS (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:22:42 AM

I currently have 2 USB Block eruptors my friend gave to me. I installed the drivers and restarted, I dont know anything about compiling with C language, and tried the command prompt thing with correct info, and CGMiner still wont recognize my USB Miners, furtherso, Im very frustrated and need the smart guys in this community to help me. I just dont want to give up.

I will be checking back every hour for a reply. Thanks Grin
bitwit

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 02:50:16 PM

Your diction indicates that you may be using some version of Windows. Did you read the windows-build.txt file within the cgminer-3.4.1-windows.7z file you downloaded? If so, what step did you get to?

Alternatively, if you're NOT using Windows, what OS are you using (specifically) and what steps have you taken?
teddymills

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 03:34:02 PM

I do not like to keep a computer running unless it is absolutely essential.
I have a small HP-MINI that I use without a monitor and connect to it using SSH.

The OS was XUBuntu 13.04 and I was using Samba for filesharing.
root is a small 120GB SSD drive and then attached some large 2TB drives to the USB ports.
This way I could quickly access the large usb drives over the network using Windows mapped drive+File sharing.
I also used the 120GB for files, but that is only for small stuff.
It was my Samba/NAS file server.

I had some ASIC USB chips. I decided to just add them to the HPMINI. I added BFGMINER and it saw all 3 usb devices.
I know the USB devices will never make much money, so it was just for the experience of trying CGMINER and BFGMiner.
I had it configured to miner BTC on Slush. Yes, I know a waste of time. I will switch to an scrypt later.

Anyways just added a fan to keep the USB devices cool.
You have to cool them USB ASICMINERS, without cooling they will surely melt.
Far to hot  for any ASIC to be, without burning out quickly. A $10 personal fan works great.

Then I check my SLUSH account to see how they are doing. So I can check them remotely.

So my Xubuntu 13.04 is both my samba fileserver and ASIC bitcoiner miner at the same time.  No cpu load, no heat and quiet.

No that it matters but hopefully I will have some KNC hardware to replace them with soon.
AC130AS (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 03:57:36 PM

Im using windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. Im not stuck on any part, except the command line where I input the pool info in a text file and write into a batch file, I see that when I click on it, it immediately closes, but then yet, the miner is not recognized even with drivers fully installed.

Is there anyway to post photos on the forums? I want to show my screen capture of the issue
frostedflakes

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:43:19 PM

You used zadig to install the WinUSB drivers for the Block Erupters?
abn123

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 11:31:28 PM

I am battling the same thing....except I have 6 erupters currently on bitminter...it had no problem finding all 6.  You may have better luck trouble shooting your issue(s) if you run cgminer-nogpu.exe   (dont use cgminer.exe) from the command line.   There is A LOT of old information on here that says to use ... -S switches, which cgminer doesn't use anymore

Will be trying the rig on a win7 computer when I get home later tonight

From what I have been reading, try using bfgminer instead ... It supposedly does better with block erupters
shadizzle

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 11:56:09 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2013, 12:08:44 AM by shadizzle

Dont use the WIN USB driver, that is not the one you want, go here for proper driver: http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBtoUARTBridgeVCPDrivers.aspx

As for the USB issues, I was having alot of trouble with newer versions of CGminer on win7 64bit.  I currently have mine setup using 3.1.1.  Below is my batch for ref. to those having trouble.

Single USB setup:

cgminer-nogpu.exe -o http://miningpool.com:PORT -u XXUSERXXX -p XXXXPWXXX--icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S \\.\COMX  (Refer to devices and printers for Assigned COM number)

Multiple USB blocks:

cgminer-nogpu.exe -o http://miningpool.com:PORT -u XXUSERXXX -p XXXXPWXXX--icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S \\.\COMx -S \\.\COMx -S \\.\COMx -S \\.\COMx -S \\.\COMx -S\\.\COMx -S\\.\COMx -S\\.\COMx  

Good Luck!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: