Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:59:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook, limited advertising campaigns  (Read 437 times)
Wolfman15 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:37:50 PM

❗️Facebook, limited advertising campaigns related to crypto and ICO.

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Klovezio

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:46:58 PM

Facebook has filled with meaningless spam about ICO and cryptocurrencies. Many people write posts and comments and they didn't think about the consequences of these actions.. I'm not surprised that Facebook decided to stop it.
SayNumo

Activity: 62
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:00:00 PM

I have to admit, I didn't see this one coming. There is a quick buck to be made from this hot, hot, hot ICO market. Has Facebook suddenly developed a consciousness? Bummer for those legit token sales trying to reach a wider audience though. Facebook clearly has no desire to vet ads at all — let the ban hammer fall on everyone regardless of intent.

If your ICO is affected, put the advertising dollars you would have spent on Facebook into alternative channels. Take solace in the fact that a lot of legitimate buyers have ad blockers on and wouldn't see your ad anyway. If Facebook and IG are important channels for you for whatever reason, incentivize your bounty hunters to make and share high-quality posts on Facebook organically — these aren't banned and shouldn't be.

Facebook has filled with meaningless spam about ICO and cryptocurrencies. Many people write posts and comments and they didn't think about the consequences of these actions.. I'm not surprised that Facebook decided to stop it.

Unfortunately, this move won't stop the post and comment spam. The ban is only for ads and sponsored posts: https://www.facebook.com/business/news/new-ads-policy-improving-integrity-and-security-of-financial-product-and-services-ads
Bl4nk

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:00:50 PM

I admit that quite a lot of spam ads about crypto, they do promotion of cryptocurrency without knowing the core of the project which result only make spam. But I just found out that Facebook is starting to act decisively for what you're talking about. Where is the information accurate so I can know more about this topic. So I do not exercise that right in my social media. I'm waiting for a definite answer, because this is very confusing to me
ulia93

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:03:41 PM

I also faced a similar problem today when I posted a post about the new ICO, then Facebook blocked it. What does Facebook say about this? Already have an official statement?
Yana_M1

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:04:49 PM

Here is oficially
https://www.facebook.com/business/news/new-ads-policy-improving-integrity-and-security-of-financial-product-and-services-ads
I think it is sad for bounty hunters Sad
Milamol

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:13:44 PM

I have long waited for complications of the conditions of such activities in FB and TW. In fact, it's free advertising. And advertising is business.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
stretcharmstrong

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:17:19 PM

Seem's somewhat of a double standards approach when I have gambling/gaming ads rammed down my throat.
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:20:07 PM

I was also surprised that Facebook has joined companies which are against cryptocurrencies. Does it mean that they are going to create their own cryptocurrency and want to restrict advertisements of other cryptocurrencies? I guess it's high time to switch completely to Twitter. As far as I know, many ICOs always use Twitter instead of Facebook. Don't you think that Facebook policy is too strict? At least the quality of projects might increase.
SayNumo

Activity: 62
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:28:07 PM

I was also surprised that Facebook has joined companies which are against cryptocurrencies. Does it mean that they are going to create their own cryptocurrency and want to restrict advertisements of other cryptocurrencies? I guess it's high time to switch completely to Twitter. As far as I know, many ICOs always use Twitter instead of Facebook. Don't you think that Facebook policy is too strict? At least the quality of projects might increase.

Some of Facebook's ad policies are bullshit. Gambling is A-okay, vaping is not (one of my clients tried advertising their store, that went well... that's to say, it went nowhere). There are also ridiculous requirements about having very little overlaid text on images and videos used in ads. Companies whose logo is also their name have been screwed from the start.

Regarding Twitter, yes, so far it seems to be more lenient. Maintaining a presence there is very advisable. One word of caution though: in my opinion, Twitter can become a huge echo chamber depending on how you build your network; you end up preaching to the choir when it comes to cryptocurrency projects, so it can be hard to expand your audience and reach people outside of it when promoting an ICO.
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:34:45 PM

It may be sad but we have to be more practical cause there is a lot of scam that have been trap for social media and lets just accept for what may real happen on it better to be more practical on it.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:39:07 PM

If this is the case then bounty campaign for facebook would really be gone since they are prohibiting any ads related to it. Quiet surprising that they do made such actions since I have read recently about the interest of blockchain technology specially on the founder of FB and now they are acting the opposite way. Maybe he did able to observe or see that ads is becoming more spam.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Mystica101

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:41:02 PM

That's why lastime when I post something for my bounty which regards to crypto in facebook including links and hashtags it was deleted because it is already considered a spam as stated. I think facebook management is just being cautions for the security of the facebook users since lots of phising site is seen everywhere on the said social media.
Vladimirych

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:58:05 PM

It's a very sad news for bounty hunters and for our work. It seems that it is necessary to change the conditions of the bounty and get around these bans.
Puroc

Activity: 139
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:58:24 PM

I think Facebook bounty will be out on the list of the campaign but let's hope it's not, or maybe they'll make some agreements for both parties.
I agree also with their points wherein some posts are really leading some people to no good (scams programs that seem to be legit),  some are just spam,  some also are true and it helps but most of the time.
Maybe we just have to share exactly what is on the official Facebook post and not to add some words like what is on this link

https://www.facebook.com/business/news/new-ads-policy-improving-integrity-and-security-of-financial-product-and-services-ads

Perhaps some bounty hunters are adding something unto it before sharing, but as of now let's wait for their final announcement.
housebtc

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:03:04 PM

I think if the project is legit, it will be displayed, so many scam projects on the platform and I feel they need to do something about it, not rely sure of the criteria they are going to use to pick those ones allowed
beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:03:42 PM

It seems to me that facebook after the introduction of such tough methods of dealing with cryptocurrencies, will lose a lot of users (bounty hunters, crypto-currency pages and companies with their followers, as well as ordinary users who came to facebook to receive information about crypto). Probably, they do not care about their  rating.
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:12:38 PM

Facebook has been used by many spammers and ponzi scheme. I think it is better that it will no longer available in promoting cryptos because it is sometimes the source of wrong information. I was once victim of ponzi sites that offers mining  thru pc and because there are lots of comments that tells it is legit site I try it until I realized they are scam that after buying tools to upgrade your system they will just fade.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:16:59 PM

With the popularity and acceptance policy of facebook, taking such a drastic step must have strategic reasons behind it, and though implemented now, this one must have a time limit on it.
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:18:54 PM

I saw from other news they were going to ban it. I dont kmow yet if it is fake that is why I didnt post it.
Waiting for something legitimate to confirm it.
Is it really limited ot a ban.
This could be a huge loss for every ICO since some investors could be reached thru that social media.
It says the reason is to because of fake ones popping out which is not new here in this forum.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: