Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:23:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Books and references for beginners  (Read 226 times)
crown_translator (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 07:49:38 PM
Merited by fruit (2)

Hi everyone,

I am new here and I was wondering if you could recommend me books, websites or blogs where I could learn more about cryotocurrencies. A getting started guide or something of the sort.

Thank you!  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Roy3000

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:00:08 PM

If you are interested in building bitcoin apps I can recommend "Building Bitcoin Websites: A Beginner's Guide to Bitcoin Focused Web Development" by Kyle Honeycutt. This book is a crash course in learning to build and develop web based applications that use the peer-to-peer cryptocurrency, Bitcoin. You will start with an overview of Bitcoin and then immediately dive into coding HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and PHP. You will learn how to execute API requests to the Bitcoin client software and third party service providers.
taeewo

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:01:02 PM

Hi everyone,

I am new here and I was wondering if you could recommend me books, websites or blogs where I could learn more about cryotocurrencies. A getting started guide or something of the sort.

Thank you!  Smiley
Dont think you needs any book, this forum can really help you a lot to get all needed because there is nothing you will want to ask that others have not ask on this forum, all you need to do is to use the search board to get any information you want..
Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:10:37 PM
Merited by mk4 (1)

If you are looking for a book, my favourite book about bitcoin is "Mastering Bitcoin" written by Andreas Antonopoulos. You also can learn from its talks about bitcoin on his youtube channel.
melscrypto

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:30:59 PM

I have found that there is just SO much information to absorb about cryptocurrency in general that it's easier to take it in small bites - whenever I have a few free minutes, I watch a few videos, read a few articles, or browse around this forum. It has given my brain time to digest what I'm learning and make connections without becoming overwhelming.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:44:09 AM

You can never go wrong with any material by Andreas Antonopoulos. He has a few books (Internet of Money[1], Mastering Bitcoin[2], Mastering Ethereum[3]), and also a YouTube channel[4] filled with great content from his seminars/events. Check them out!

[1] https://www.amazon.com/Internet-Money-Andreas-M-Antonopoulos/dp/1537000454
[2] https://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Bitcoin-Unlocking-Digital-Cryptocurrencies/dp/1449374042
[3] https://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Ethereum-Building-Smart-Contracts/dp/1491971940
[4] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJWCJCWOxBYSi5DhCieLOLQ

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
crown_translator (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 06:14:58 PM

Thank you so much for your replies guys! I really appreciate it. I'll browse though the topics in this forum as you suggest and I'll have a look at the books you've recommended, as well as the YouTube channel of Andreas Antonopoulos.

It's great to have the support of a community that's willing to help and share knowledge.  Smiley
Jr.

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:41:32 PM

Being here and reading a lot of threads, you will learn a lot of things, then just visit Google for complicated words or terms used by the poster. YouTube  can help you to do 'HoW' thing....
Like how to create Myetherwallet....
How to put signature...
How to sign up....
And many more

tge.HORYOUToken.io    ■))   BLOCKCHAIN WITH A PURPOSE
▐ ███████████████   JOIN THE TGE   《《《 ▀ ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:48:15 PM

Hey there!

If you're looking for an in-depth article with everything you need to know about crypto check out the link below! A great start for a beginner.

http://www.cryptocoinstockexchange.com/what-is-cryptocurrency-everything-you-need-to-know/

Hope this helps and good luck! Smiley
baileym

Activity: 36
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:42:44 AM

Bitcoin for dummies has some good info in it to get started.

This forum has the most up to date information in it.  You just have to search through the posts to find the reliable ones.  There is more knowledge here than you will find anywhere else.
bimbomalt

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:07:17 AM

I spent a lot of time watching videos and reading documents but in this forum is really useful knowledge.
chaitanya31

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:32:20 AM

Hi everyone,

Thank you!  Smiley
Take it upon yourself to educate yourself. Lots of people below have listed good resources for you to follow. I’d set aside time, make it 30 minutes a day for example, to read and learn about Bitcoin. Follow influencers online, participate in conversations, and jump into forums. There’s a ton of interesting stuff to learn about Bitcoin, but don’t stress yourself out by trying to tackle it all at once.
pjhom

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:59:03 AM

It doesn't directly pertain Crypto - however "Reminiscence of a stock - operator" the story of Jesse Livermore goes into the thinking of a brilliant trader.  His successes and failures and what he learned from both.  The principles can be utilized in crypto because many of the trading attributes are the same.  The other thing is that when he was a trader, many of the same conditions existed in public stock markets as they are in crypto markets- namely highly unregulated, games and gamuts. 
LtMotioN

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:53:00 AM

Hi mate
It's good that you kick things off with research first, knowledge and understanding is everything in this game.
Here are some things you need to avoid when subscribing to youtube channels - these in general are channels run by people who hype things up and have no knowledge of cryptocurrency. They often times just make videos to monetize their viewers (make you sign up for something so they get a referral)

1. Thumbnails with a lambo and 9999% growth
2. People talking about cheap and hot coins
3. Anyone who has 50 referral links in their descriptions
4. People who just talk about the market around the "flavour of the week coin"
5. Anyone promoting lending platforms - if you really wana go into these thats, well, sorta okay.. but know they are EXTREMELY HIGH RISK. Dont go in big.

I would suggest you get yourself a good understanding of the underlying technologies. Some good channels I recommend checking out is
Ivan on tech
Boxmining
David hay
Doug polk crypto (its just really funny content overall lol)

This forum is also a great place to learn, read other peoples posts. I didn't use this much when I was new to the game, which I kind of regret. It would have saved me a few headaches.

Dogs are nice, I don't like cats though.
InnMind.com

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 01:27:27 PM

This one for example

https://hackernoon.com/blockchain/home
crown_translator (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 02:52:27 PM

Thank you guys! It's great to see so much support in this community. I will follow your advise and try to learn a little bit more every day. Smiley

I think LtMotioN has made a very good point. As a matter of fact, I made a post asking how to tell apart scam the real deal just before reading his message.

What do you guys think about that? Have you been victims of scam? Any advice on how to avoid it?  Huh
johniadeluca

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:56:30 PM

"Blockchain Revolution" is great especially if you're getting started with blockchain and crypto as a whole. Even if you're experienced, it's a great read, had a lot of information I didn't know about.

GiseleGarnet

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:47:17 AM

Here' my top-5 most recent books about blockchain

1) Ethereum: A Deep Dive Into Ethereum
2) Cryptocurrency Investing Bible: The Ultimate Guide About Blockchain, Mining, Trading, ICO, Ethereum Platform, Exchanges, Top Cryptocurrencies for Investing and Perfect Strategies to Make Money Paperback
3) Cryptoassets: The Innovative Investor’s Guide to Bitcoin and Beyond
4) Cryptocurrency: Mining, Investing and Trading in Blockchain, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, Dash, Dogecoin, Emercoin, Putincoin, Auroracoin and others (Fintech) Paperback
5) Cryptocurrency: 5 Expert Secrets For Beginners: Investing Into Bitcoin, Ethereum
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: