Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:47:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Rig preparation. I am open for your suggestion  (Read 104 times)
malekbaba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:02:16 PM

I am planning again to start my own mining rig. This time I will actually more confused. I like scrypt coin but GPU mining seems safer to me. In my country, ASIC mining is nearly impossible as my government has banned cryptocurrency trading. I am not sure about the rules on mining, though. So GPU is my preferable/only way .

I have some queries:
1. What PSU I should use if I plan to mine with 5-6 GPUs?
2. What If I buy 3 AMD and 3 Nvidia card ? Is there any prob?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tinytrader

Activity: 136
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:10:43 PM

I always follow this:
http://www.coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/
If you want to start, please try to buy platinum or at least gold standard PSU. otherwise you are at higher risk. Poor quality product and improper Voltage may kill your rig. 
I can not answer the second question.
malekbaba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:59:30 PM

Thanks for your link, Bro. Much Appreciated. Do you have any Rig now? Nvidia Or AMD, what do you prefer? Sorry for this question. I know they are different and I am not here to start a fight in between AMD and NVIDIA. Just want to know your personal mining experience. I am also planning to buy best quality PSU for my next rig. It seems to me NVIDIA is working better, now a days.
tinytrader

Activity: 136
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:00:44 PM

Yes, safety First. You should never use any low end PSU. And GPUs are algo specific. Like, AMD works better for some algo and Nvidia mines other algo, efficiently. But I do not think it is a good choice to set up your rigs with NVIDIA and AMD at the same time. It is my opinion, please do not take final decision based on my words. I would rather setup 2 different machine to mine 2 different coins/algo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: