Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:15:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greed or banning for reason!?! ICOs, AIRDROPs, BountyPrograms.  (Read 96 times)
alex2011576 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:01:58 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 11:57:05 PM by alex2011576

Noticed a very widespread tendency now a day.  ICOs ban a very big part of participants in the AIRDROPs!

Why do they do it? Too many fakes? Or Don’t want to giveaway their coins/tokens to many people? Just attract many people and then get rid of useless participants?  

I have heard from the KickCity team, that many people are concerned about being banned for nothing now a days, so less people join airdrops now.. So they really care about honesty and control their Airdrop very precisely.
Have you had bad experiences of participating in airdrops? Who are AirdropHunters in here? Wink

p.s. thread is for sharing any experiences and attitude to any airdrops, bounties, participantes and their organizers.  
StarLawl

Activity: 63
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:14:41 PM

I am trying to participate in my first airdrop - I am a bystander as per now. But many people are very greedy - also a reason for all the ICO scams and all. Im not sure they are directly evil. Maybe just very egosentric and not empathic. Or they have their personal reasons which could mitigate scamming. But where I am going to participate there are several examples of people stealing other peoples written works and ideas to recieve bounties and airdrops.

This is not OK - people are working to produce that stuff. And everyone should respect that. But then there are others who are envious or lack the skills. Not everyone is a writer. They could of course: So I feel that banning people who does not produce quality or try to scam is very good.

And it should be strict. Shows the organizers are paying attention.

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1637983)
alex2011576 (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:23:07 PM

I am trying to participate in my first airdrop - I am a bystander as per now. But many people are very greedy - also a reason for all the ICO scams and all. Im not sure they are directly evil. Maybe just very egosentric and not empathic. Or they have their personal reasons which could mitigate scamming. But where I am going to participate there are several examples of people stealing other peoples written works and ideas to recieve bounties and airdrops.

This is not OK - people are working to produce that stuff. And everyone should respect that. But then there are others who are envious or lack the skills. Not everyone is a writer. They could of course: So I feel that banning people who does not produce quality or try to scam is very good.

And it should be strict. Shows the organizers are paying attention.
Yeah, it is always so frustrating when people steal other people written works, completly agree that ICOs should ban such persons.
Lama_in_da_house

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:34:31 PM

I participated in many many airdrops and some bounty progs. It was way better at the beginig. Now many airdrops are scammers so it is not strange that people now are afraid of participating in them. Btw, if do a small research on the ICOs, it is pretty obvious whether they are con artists or advertize their product.
Peace Cheesy
Tulen1990

Activity: 222
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:36:27 PM

Yes too many people trying to take too much with bots and multiple accounts. They try to keep it fair. Especially with big airdrops like Polymath's, there were a lot of spammers trying to get ahold of the 10 million tokens they were airdropping.
johnnywoo2015

Activity: 824
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:38:05 PM

Noticed a very widespread tendency now a day.  ICOs ban a very big part of participants in the AIRDROPs!

Why do they do it? Too many fakes? Or Don’t want to giveaway their coins/tokens to many people? Just attract many people and then get rid of useless participants?  

I have heard from the KickCity team, that many people are concerned about being banned for nothing and do not join airdrops. So they really care about honesty and control their Airdrop very precisely.
Have you had bad experiences of participating in airdrops? Who are AirdropHunters in here? Wink

p.s. thread is for sharing any experiences and attitude to any airdrops, bounties, participantes and their organizers.  

I think too many people are trying multi-accounting in those airdrops and devs are banning for a reason. For example, I never had any problems with any campaign, but I'm having only this account.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Ekoman

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:40:15 PM

I have heard from the KickCity team, that many people are concerned about being banned for nothing and do not join airdrops. So they really care about honesty and control their Airdrop very precisely.

I heard that all is good with KickCity
alex2011576 (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:59:05 PM

Yes too many people trying to take too much with bots and multiple accounts. They try to keep it fair. Especially with big airdrops like Polymath's, there were a lot of spammers trying to get ahold of the 10 million tokens they were airdropping.
Woow, haven't heard about Polymath Airdrop thing. Really hilarious!
awazieik

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 11:17:25 PM

There are so many bounty hunters who dont play by the rules. They want to get their hands on the token so bad that they use bots and even duplicate their accounts which gives the bounty manager no choice but to ban them

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:29:12 PM

Bountyhunts and Airdrophunts are invested with people not playing by the rules, especially when there is a huge number of applicants its easy to duplicate accounts and get away with it.

btc_love

Activity: 566
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:34:27 PM

I was readaing some things about ICOs which steal private information and those who send trojans through links. But I am not sure that there are those, who ban their participantes without reasons. Wanna know others experiences Grin
alex2011576 (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:38:41 PM

There are so many bounty hunters who dont play by the rules. They want to get their hands on the token so bad that they use bots and even duplicate their accounts which gives the bounty manager no choice but to ban them
Even bots, how tricky they are now a day...  But isn't it easy to check duplicates ? How do they do it?
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:42:21 PM

Does kickcity use its own platform to manage airdrop? if it's true and then i wouldn't be surprised so many people are getting banned. As far as i know that there are so many airdrop hunters right now and then most of them are using multiple accounts to join in such airdrop. They are banning without any reason. It becomes the responsibility of the team.
Sponsoredby15

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:55:38 PM

To be honest airdrop right now are being to useless not like last year because when you participate an airdrop you just need an email and eth address like the ebtc airdrop on oct. 2017 and right now airdrop needs some KYC to receive lol
alex2011576 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:02:51 AM

Does kickcity use its own platform to manage airdrop? if it's true and then i wouldn't be surprised so many people are getting banned. As far as i know that there are so many airdrop hunters right now and then most of them are using multiple accounts to join in such airdrop. They are banning without any reason. It becomes the responsibility of the team.
I meant a bit different thing, but it turned out in interesting thing i didn't know about. I don't know what platform they use, how to check it

And u mean that they have to ban because of fake accountes?
grandcoin111

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:44:36 PM

I meant a bit different thing, but it turned out in interesting thing i didn't know about. I don't know what platform they use, how to check it

And u mean that they have to ban because of fake accountes?
Yeah, sometimes ICO has to ban many people without knowing who are fakes and who are real people. It becomes the responsibily because they see that there are many fakes but can't recognize each one. It is bad because normal participantes suffer from it but otherwise fakes will get many coins.
Fileiro

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

quarkchain.io

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:54:21 PM

I TRY to participate in as many air drops as possible. But only about 20% actually pay out the promised coins so that would make the remaining 80% scammers.

With a scammer-rate as high as 80%, no wonder many people are wary of joining and the whole KYC thing is not only complete overkill for a handful of coins worth .04$ each, its also criminally stupid when 80% of the air drop campaigns are run by scam artists.

That being said, I completely understand the frustration LEGITIMATE campaigns must feel when they're being swarmed by fake multi-accounts and this tendency obviously hurts regular crypto-enthusiasts like myself wanting to support exiting new projects.

I don't have a solution, just airing out my thoughts on this subject..
alex2011576 (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:31:54 AM

I TRY to participate in as many air drops as possible. But only about 20% actually pay out the promised coins so that would make the remaining 80% scammers.

With a scammer-rate as high as 80%, no wonder many people are wary of joining and the whole KYC thing is not only complete overkill for a handful of coins worth .04$ each, its also criminally stupid when 80% of the air drop campaigns are run by scam artists.

That being said, I completely understand the frustration LEGITIMATE campaigns must feel when they're being swarmed by fake multi-accounts and this tendency obviously hurts regular crypto-enthusiasts like myself wanting to support exiting new projects.

I don't have a solution, just airing out my thoughts on this subject..
Still, your comment is one of the most meaningful because it reveales how "regular crypto-enthusiasts", thank you for that! Wink
Ekoman

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:20:09 AM

Yeah, too much airdrop hunter. I think it is very big headache for good companies when people use different bot for extra coins :/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: