Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:25:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Current Status of Mt. Gox for US Accounts  (Read 827 times)
antimattercrusader (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 04:57:30 PM

Hello! My wife had BTC in Mt. Gox but forgot she had a sell order in place, and it sold about 80 BTC @ $135.

So.. now we're with the rest of those in MtGox wondering OMGWTFBBQ is happening with USD. That said, I've been out of the loop for a while with them, but I am wondering... any chance of withdrawing successfully to a US account in my lifetime? Has anything changed?

Rather not market buy @ $145 or more to be able to get out of Gox, but I figure that's probably what needs to happen.

Suggestions?

BTC: 13WYhobWLHRMvBwXGq5ckEuUyuDPgMmHuK
Litecoins

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 05:09:48 PM

Hello! My wife had BTC in Mt. Gox but forgot she had a sell order in place, and it sold about 80 BTC @ $135.

So.. now we're with the rest of those in MtGox wondering OMGWTFBBQ is happening with USD. That said, I've been out of the loop for a while with them, but I am wondering... any chance of withdrawing successfully to a US account in my lifetime? Has anything changed?

Rather not market buy @ $145 or more to be able to get out of Gox, but I figure that's probably what needs to happen.

Suggestions?

My question is, why are you selling? Dont you know those BTC will be worth 10000x its value within a few years?
antimattercrusader (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 05:19:36 PM

Oh, yes, of course.  *sigh*

There was an open order she forgot about, it sold automatically.

BTC: 13WYhobWLHRMvBwXGq5ckEuUyuDPgMmHuK
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 05:34:09 PM

Rather not market buy @ $145 or more to be able to get out of Gox,

you didn't say how large of a position but if you include wire costs getting those btc back at a $10 each loss is probably cheaper than paying wire fees.  (oh, 80 btc. ouch!)   and if you do it now, that will be only a $10 loss, max.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 06:40:52 PM

How soon do you need the USD? USD wires to the US have basically stopped. The "2 week" backlog is now over 2 months long, and shows no sign of improving any time soon. If you can wait, ride the wave. Put in a buy order at $125 and end up with more BTC than you had.

Buy & Hold
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 07:40:46 PM

if you want the money, withdraw and wait

might take a while but i think mtgox will eventually get to you...

grovestr

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:47:56 PM

if you want the money, withdraw and wait

might take a while but i think mtgox will eventually get to you...
After 10 000 $ lawsuit?
Pangia

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 09:02:43 PM

Suggestions?

Hi AntiMatter,

There aren't too many options available if you're looking to withdraw your cash. MTGOX has essentially stopped wiring USD (either because they're insolvent or because they lack the capacity to wire funds).

I was in a similar situation like you (minus the accidental sell) where I needed funds.  I opened an account at Bitstamp (sent U.S. ID - Passport & utility bill and was verified within 1 day) and transferred my BTC's out of MTGOX to Bitstamp. I waited a little until the price on Bitstamp for BTC went up a bit and then sold. I requested a transfer and the funds were in my US bank account within 2 business days (on another transfer the funds arrived the next day).

My advice is to take a small lose on the re-purchase of BTC's on MTGOX and get it out to Bitstamp if you need the funds.

If not, take a small lose and repurchase BTC's if you think that the recent ascent will continue.

Good Luck!

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║