Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:23:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Level of Difficulty of Merit Points to Newbies  (Read 319 times)
SteinsGate (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:55:55 AM

Hello there, I am one of those newbies who got a bit unfortunate because I have not made an account before the merit system was implemented. With that said, I want to ask what are the chances a user can get a merit whether he is posting a topic or replying on a topic. I just started 10 days ago and have noticed earlier that some of my replies are getting erased because it is not a reliable and informative reply to the topic, regarding to posts this is my first ever topic made. But as the days pass by I think I am slowly adapting to the forum rules and having less deleted replies. Then I just wondered what are the chances of getting a merit if I am not having a cut among those informative and high quality posts? Will I retain my rank as a Jr. Member( Highest attainable rank without the requirement of Merit Points )? I think the merit system is a very good sieving device for all users in bitcoin talk who are posting nonsense but a bit of a challenge for those who are working hard on ranking up.

▮█    KRYLL    ▮█
AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE
Token sale start on Feb 7, 2018 (https://kryll.io/)
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitdressa

Activity: 303
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:59:46 AM

Hello there, I am one of those newbies who got a bit unfortunate because I have not made an account before the merit system was implemented. With that said, I want to ask what are the chances a user can get a merit whether he is posting a topic or replying on a topic. I just started 10 days ago and have noticed earlier that some of my replies are getting erased because it is not a reliable and informative reply to the topic, regarding to posts this is my first ever topic made. But as the days pass by I think I am slowly adapting to the forum rules and having less deleted replies. Then I just wondered what are the chances of getting a merit if I am not having a cut among those informative and high quality posts? Will I retain my rank as a Jr. Member( Highest attainable rank without the requirement of Merit Points )? I think the merit system is a very good sieving device for all users in bitcoin talk who are posting nonsense but a bit of a challenge for those who are working hard on ranking up.
in my opinion now the level of difficulty is very large and you have to make a quality post and merit I think is a recognition to be able to achieve the highest rank and all it certainly requires a quality process
loragean03

Activity: 403
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:12:40 AM

we are all in changes, it is very hard to rank up now because of this merit system, but this merits system is for good, I mean, by this new rules/requirements our forum will less spammer and shitposts for the next month. we are all force to make a more quality posts to gain merits so it Is not too difficult to gain merits point to newbies like you, we are all required to make a quality post to gain merits every time. if you don't make one you still remain at your current rank.
Jerusareth

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:15:46 AM

we are all in changes, it is very hard to rank up now because of this merit system, but this merits system is for good, I mean, by this new rules/requirements our forum will less spammer and shitposts for the next month. we are all force to make a more quality posts to gain merits so it Is not too difficult to gain merits point to newbies like you, we are all required to make a quality post to gain merits every time. if you don't make one you still remain at your current rank.

To be able to up rank do we really need a merit now? I just got into a Member rank with a 0 point merit so what is the minimum merits in able to go through a Full member rank?
derdgzmn30

Activity: 93
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:19:17 AM

To be able to up rank do we really need a merit now? I just got into a Member rank with a 0 point merit so what is the minimum merits in able to go through a Full member rank?

Yup, for the newbies they need to have merits to rank up now. Take a look at this thread where the rank system is post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0 It will be a hard time ranking up now. But in the other side it good to avoid spammers that only wants to rank up without quality posts.

KRIPTON ● THE BITCOIN OF AFRICA (https://kriptonofafrica.com/)
Happydd

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:21:40 AM

You want your posts to be of good quality, attached with merit. You have to understand the rules of bitcoin:
1. Posts must be the right topic.
2. The sentence structure must not be wrong.
3. Do not write posts that are too old.
4. Post content is not repeated.
5. Be sure to meet the time required by the bitcoin manager.
Good luck!
CASTIEL05

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:35:11 AM

All of us are undergo with the changes here in forum. Some of us are getting tired because of the new system specially, the newbies who are not aware in the rules of the forum or even the user that absolutely don't have the knowledge in cryptocurrency but instead of getting mad or tired in the merit system, why we don't make it us a challenge? A challenge that will boost ourselves to read a lot of articles in cryptocurrency and make our reply more constructive.
Merit system is made for the enhancement of the forum yet we some of us did not agree with the new rules, we must follow the system. Afterwards, if we get merit points because of our astonishing reply, we are more confident and happy to ourselves because all of our effort to make our post reliable and amazing will recognize by other person.
Just believe in ourselves, this new system will be easy for us of we are determine to reach it!

QueenRoyale

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:25:54 PM

Yup, for the newbies they need to have merits to rank up now. Take a look at this thread where the rank system is post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0 It will be a hard time ranking up now. But in the other side it good to avoid spammers that only wants to rank up without quality posts.
So my rank up depends on the merit? Do you mean Ihave to gain enough merit to be a Member??? I cant move up just because of activities?
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 12:40:22 PM

The first thing to do is to step back and say to yourself -"Why do I want to increase my rank? "

If your answer is that you don't really care about Bitcoin or virtual currencies, but you heard that Bitcoin Talk is a handy way to pick up some extra income, then you should re-evaluate your motives. This isn't a forum for people to earn easy money by just posting garbled rubbish.

If you are here to learn how to use Bitcoin, or to explore the world of Bitcoin, then welcome to the forum. You should be able to earn points by asking reasoned questions, as well as providing insights and help, but please make sure that your question hasn't been asked many times before.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
ericunc95

Activity: 98
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:49:22 PM
Merited by W4terhouse (1)

You will not be able to rank up to Member status until you achieve 10 merit points.  I am in the same position.  I just moved above 60 activity but will not get promoted to the next rank until I achieve 10 merit points.  So far, I have earned 2 merit points and given away the 1 that I had for a post that I thought was valuable.  Good luck.
Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:55:22 PM

So my rank up depends on the merit? Do you mean Ihave to gain enough merit to be a Member??? I cant move up just because of activities?
Correct. You need someone to give you merits in order for a jr member like you to rank up as a member. Ranking up can now be determined through your activities and merits, instead of activities only. Merits are just like activities but instead of it is automatically given to you each post by the forum, it is manually given to you by the members depending on how merit-worthy they think your post is.
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:01:36 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

The first thing to do is to step back and say to yourself -"Why do I want to increase my rank? "

If your answer is that you don't really care about Bitcoin or virtual currencies, but you heard that Bitcoin Talk is a handy way to pick up some extra income, then you should re-evaluate your motives. This isn't a forum for people to earn easy money by just posting garbled rubbish.

If you are here to learn how to use Bitcoin, or to explore the world of Bitcoin, then welcome to the forum. You should be able to earn points by asking reasoned questions, as well as providing insights and help, but please make sure that your question hasn't been asked many times before.

What Jet Cash said is true. You said that the merit system would be a challenge to the people who wants to rank up. I hope you don't mind me asking but why do you want to rank up? What is the reason you joined this forum and what is the goal you want to reach? I hope you do understand that this forum is a platform to share knowledge or opinions with one another and not solely made for the purpose of earning. I do understand that with a higher rank, people would take you seriously and see your credibility. However, I believe that with genuine intentions, no rank can define your integrity. So I hope you do take time to ask yourself what your motif really is because if its about learning, then ranking up should be the least of your priorities.
al1n

Activity: 154
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:29:17 PM

Just my thoughts

1. This forum was originally probably meant to be used as a knowledge base, or an information exchange pool if you wish.
That is true, but it is not the whole truth. Since the ico promoters chose to pay people for promoting their coins,
or exchanges, or whatever other services, the forum became a place where you can earn some money.
Almost everyone that is able to participate in a signature campaign does so. Lets not try to pretend this isn't happening.
It is enough just to look in any topic for posts belonging to people from member+ rank.
It doesn't make sense to ask people why they want to rank up. The answer is absolutely obvious;
at least partially the reason is the option to participate in different campaigns.

2. There are plenty of good answers and topics which are never getting any merit point because they are created by low rank members,
while some other comments with less value in my opinion get a lot of points because (at least partially) they are made by high rank members

3. As long as the post is useful and contains valuable information and can be understand by everybody, why the grammatical correctness would be that relevant?
Not all of us are native english speakers, so, obviously mistakes are made. This is not a grammar forum right?
diatamariono

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:26:56 AM

[/quotel]
Just send good information in this Forum ,,
You do not have to worry, If you post a quality message, related to post and other feel your post is useful, it will come naturally (Merit) ,,

Best advice is to be yourself (unless you can be the main character in the story) ,,
galkina

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:35:19 AM

2. There are plenty of good answers and topics which are never getting any merit point because they are created by low rank members,
while some other comments with less value in my opinion get a lot of points because (at least partially) they are made by high rank members

I agree that there might be some case. But do you see a member who has made only quality posts and did not got any merit point for any post. Eventually, such members will be recognized.

3. As long as the post is useful and contains valuable information and can be understand by everybody, why the grammatical correctness would be that relevant?
Not all of us are native english speakers, so, obviously mistakes are made. This is not a grammar forum right?

Personally, I do not give much value to grammar but it is an advantage. Not here only but if you apply in some company as well, your communication skills matter a lot.

D E C E N T . C H
        Blockchain Content Distribution Platform       
( ( (   Join Our Telegram @decentch   ) ) )
lukyanli

Activity: 40
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:57:43 AM

What Jet Cash said is true. You said that the merit system would be a challenge to the people who wants to rank up. I hope you don't mind me asking but why do you want to rank up?

Whether members admit or not, most of them are here because this forum also gives them a chance to earn money. I do not see anything wrong with this provided they follow all the rules here.
kobradobra

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

STEM - football token exchange market!

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:55:16 PM

Almost no one cares about quality of your posts. Even if your posts are grade A+ there will be a crafty/dodgy hacks with shitposts but much bigger merit.
This is how this forum works.

│   S T E M
│  █░░░░█░░░░░  │   SPORT TOKEN EXCHANGE                        ( ( (   JOIN OUR TELEGRAM   ) ) )
│  █▄▄▄▀░▀▄▄▄▄  │   STEM│ Earn with your football knowlednge.
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:06:54 PM

Almost no one cares about quality of your posts. Even if your posts are grade A+ there will be a crafty/dodgy hacks with shitposts but much bigger merit.

What are you going to do about this ? If we want to rank up (as new members), all we can do is try our level best. There is no guarantee that you will get some merits even then but it increases the probability.
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 02:36:31 PM

oh my - bitch and moan, change the tampon son..

keep making decent posts and you will get merit - if you get no merit it is either due to you being a dickhead or your posts are shit..

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
MoonJeina

Activity: 652
Merit: 250

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:46:40 PM

There is no denying the fact that things have really become difficult for the users now, especially who are newbies and just joined the forum .
But as you mentioned above ,
I think the merit system is a very good sieving device for all users in bitcoin talk who are posting nonsense but a bit of a challenge for those who are working hard on ranking up.

if you are really working hard to give something back to the forum then the hardwork won't go in vain . The "merit" system was an imprortant and much needed step that would only strengthen the quality of the forum .
Saying that , there is no doubt that it would be evry difficult to seek some merits for the posts knowing the fact that there are many "legends" in the queue . I hope the system will not be "biased " towards the higher ranks and you will end up getting some merits for your good posts .
For grabbing some merits , here is an opportunity waiting for you https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2843413.0 . All the best!

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀