Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:55:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The trillion dollar question: What w'd be the impact of Facebook ban on ICO Ads?  (Read 417 times)
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:03:01 AM

For me it seems like a bad move. Even fake and scam ICOs will never miss a chance to get audience in facebook.  Nothing will happen with the fb bounties (maybe it will even become overloaded with spam, who knows). Anyway newbies will still see information about ICOs and sometimes the things that are promoted thru bounty campaigns are just a low quality spam. If Facebook want to  protect its users again crypto related fraud then it will be more wise tomoderate their ads so people could have a reliable sourse of information. It seems like they are setting the right goals but wrong ways to achieve it.
Opurum (OP)

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

Just another random pre satoshi crypto freak

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:06:24 AM

The war is on, do we sit and fight or cut and run? That is the big question to ask now. It's do or die for crypto lovers everywhere..

What to do: We should self regulate our industry and never leaving any room for the big brothers to come in with regulations. Any form of crypto currency regulations from the outside will be like asking the wolf to groom the sheep and will definitely kill the very essences of cryptocurrency which includes decentralization and privacy.

How to self regulate. One practical way to self regulate the industry is by using community pressure as instrument of control. The crypto industry is practically a cluster of communities of various crypto projects. Cryptocurrency forum administrators should set sanctionable rules and regulations that not only protects their individual projects but the cryptocurrency industry in general, and forum members must uphold such rules and norms so that we all have a duty to shouting down and bringing down fraudulent projects and practices.
yanesna3

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:26:28 AM

The end of shady ICOs are over now. With so many countries coming up with regulations I think we will get to see a much cleaner market from now on. No more huge scams and legit ICOs after 2018. I just hope this will help crypto and develop more towards a mature market.

And I think that it will not have the greatest negative impact on ICOs. There are other channels and socials besides Facebook to place the information there. For instance YouTube that is more popular with people has a lot stuff devoted to these projects and crypto. Get information there.
Dluretic

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:59:13 AM

Facebook's ban on ICO advertising has led to fewer investors entering encrypted money markets.
In the short term, the amount of money in the entire cryptocurrency market is inadequate, and investors are losing confidence, causing the entire cryptocurrency market to turn red and bitcoin down 50 percent.

blazingshockwave

Activity: 173

Astorgame.com | ICO is LIVE | Get Your Bonus

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:43:17 PM

Most of us in the cryptocurrency business anticipated and even predicted that 2018 could be the golden dawn of cryptocurrency. But things seems not to be going in the expected direction following series of unfavorable winds currently blowing against the industry. First, it was the aborted move by some authorities in Seoul to ban cryptocurrency trading in South Korea, followed by some pessimists remarks on cryptocurrency made by some high influence figures in the financial sphere. And then the record breaking hack of a Japanese exchange with about 530 mln dollars reported stolen. These incidences have shaken up the cryptocurrency market and significantly shrinking the total market cap from over $799bn in the first week of January 2018 to under $600bn at present. Now, the winds against cryptocurrency continues to rage as social media giant Facebook bans all cryptocurrency Ads and ICOs. Bombshell!

The trillion dollar question now is, how would these developments and particularly the ban on crxptocurrency Ads by Facebook impact our beloved industry, considering the fact that the industry and ICO promoters rely on Facebook to reach over 2.7 bn people?

Those headlines that you mentioned is just a FUD to create panic. This kind of news doesn't matter anymore because all of this news is just temporary. There are more dramatic and more serious news in the past than today and bitcoin surpass it all. It is like a wide white paper with a small dot in the middle. You are focusing more on the small dot but you forgot that there are more space outside this dot.

Astorgame.com  | eSports & Online Gambling | ICO is LIVE
BONUS for early investors
▬▬▬ ◈◈  Website ◈◈  Whitepaper ◈◈  ANN thread ◈◈  Facebook ◈◈  Twitter ◈◈  Telegram ▬▬▬
kristii

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:15:40 PM

Most of us in the cryptocurrency business anticipated and even predicted that 2018 could be the golden dawn of cryptocurrency. But things seems not to be going in the expected direction following series of unfavorable winds currently blowing against the industry. First, it was the aborted move by some authorities in Seoul to ban cryptocurrency trading in South Korea, followed by some pessimists remarks on cryptocurrency made by some high influence figures in the financial sphere. And then the record breaking hack of a Japanese exchange with about 530 mln dollars reported stolen. These incidences have shaken up the cryptocurrency market and significantly shrinking the total market cap from over $799bn in the first week of January 2018 to under $600bn at present. Now, the winds against cryptocurrency continues to rage as social media giant Facebook bans all cryptocurrency Ads and ICOs. Bombshell!

The trillion dollar question now is, how would these developments and particularly the ban on crxptocurrency Ads by Facebook impact our beloved industry, considering the fact that the industry and ICO promoters rely on Facebook to reach over 2.7 bn people?

I think that the problems Ads by FB are just everyday news that will pass and will not affect the market
in the long run. Since the PR managers of ICO have many other tools for the successful promotion of their projects.
CryptoDemonElite

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:19:48 PM

I don't think there is much of an impact. There are plenty of ways to advertise ICO. You still got twitter.
vincentong17

Activity: 266
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:22:17 PM

Those headlines that you mentioned is just a FUD to create panic. This kind of news doesn't matter anymore because all of this news is just temporary. There are more dramatic and more serious news in the past than today and bitcoin surpass it all. It is like a wide white paper with a small dot in the middle. You are focusing more on the small dot but you forgot that there are more space outside this dot.
I agree on you they create Fud news so people will panic in instance. There's a lot of holders and believers and it wont crash to the ground but I think whales are accumulating from dip it's like manipulating the market.
aakriti

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:29:19 PM

Facebook may be ban crypto currency accounts. But Facebook will also negatively effect with this ban because there are a number of social platform all the members will join other platform. ICO will also recognise other platform.
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:45:14 PM

If Fb close the accounts of the companies doing an ICO, it would have a big impact. But if it is only about displaying Ads on Facebook, it won't have a lot of impact.
As we can see ICO Ads on every websites we visit.
MalouWang

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:53:42 AM

Theres is no much difference between allowing and restricting facebook ads,ICO managers doesnt allocate too much stakes for the facebook campaign because facebook is too complicated that is changing its TOS in a regular basis,twitter is much better so it wont affect the ICO promotions.
Whitebit42

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:18:00 PM

There are many other ways for advertise. Facebook isn't the only one, it is obvious. The creators will find a different source of traffic for the promotion of their projects, I am sure about that.
Opurum (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:04:14 PM

There are many other ways for advertise. Facebook isn't the only one, it is obvious. The creators will find a different source of traffic for the promotion of their projects, I am sure about that.

Yea. But, we are talking about 2.7b market population. It does have significant impact.
preshpr1nce

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:16:24 PM

what would be the impact of facebook being banned is more what I'm day dreaming about, oh my how the world would improve.
As for crypto, no serious investor is going to rely on facebook, if you are the type who depends on facebook and is swayed to jump in to crypto based on a facebook ICO ad, then you'll probably just lose money and go and tell 100 people about your negative experience.

No impact in my eyes, couldn't care one bit what facebooks stance is on anything crypto related.
Opurum (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:27:02 PM

what would be the impact of facebook being banned is more what I'm day dreaming about, oh my how the world would improve.
As for crypto, no serious investor is going to rely on facebook, if you are the type who depends on facebook and is swayed to jump in to crypto based on a facebook ICO ad, then you'll probably just lose money and go and tell 100 people about your negative experience.

No impact in my eyes, couldn't care one bit what facebooks stance is on anything crypto related.

In any case some investors cme into crypto through fb, and it is without doubt a good means of publicity.
Nir_Liberdy

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:33:59 PM

i don't think that crypto needs  facebook. most of the activity related to that matter is done within the community on various formus and other channels.

i think it's a really poor decision from their end which will make them lot's of ad money. but i also dont think it would affect our market since that the ppl investing in this market mostly believe it and get their information in other channels than mainstream media.
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:39:18 PM

I don't know if you indeed are following the recent new development in the space, I think good project have no issue rasing money now because most of them raised almost all their funds in private sale and pre-sale without even doing any crowsale, so the landscape has changed so much in a small space of time
HotHot143

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:41:17 PM

Facebook did not totally ban cryptocurrency ads it's just a FUD created by those whales out there to bring down price BTC so they can buy a lot more. Facebook ban those ICOs that they look suspicious to them to prevent scamming their users. So don't worry so much.
baduday1991

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 03:43:36 PM

Come on everyone we all know that it's just a FUD to bring down the price of BTC so those big players out there can buy on the dipped and that's what happen they short BTC price as much as they can. But Facebook only ban those ICOs that they look suspicious on them at they've reviewing a lot specially a link that it's not secured it's a spam for them.

sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:50:49 PM

The clear question here is what the impact would be on ico ads, and going by the increasing number of icos and their popularity, awareness and broadcast, i dont see any detrimental impact here.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: