Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:25:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If the current trend is sustained  (Read 3016 times)
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 02:37:02 PM

So much uninformed opinion in here. Bitstamp's bank is a subsidiary of Unicredit SpA, a global Italian bank. While not without problems, Unicredit (or its subsidiaries) are as far from going belly up as most other big European banks, in other words: not very likely to do so in the near future.

I hope you are kidding, UniCredit is one of the banks well known in Italy for being just an inch from being bankrupt. That may collapse any time soon.

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Here, have some facts. [1], [2], [3].

The tl;dr of the above: Unicredit (SpA) is somewhere in the low middle of European banks wrt credit ratings, outlook is "negative" largely due to expectations about the Italian economy, but reports by rating agencies stress that the bank itself is comparably well positioned. Finally, latest profit reports are positive.

The tl;dr of the tl;dr: Unicredit is by all reasonable measures not "being just an inch from being bankrupt". They're in trouble, like several other big European banks, but unless you expect the EU banking system  to collapse entirely over night (hint: it won't), I don't see Unicredit go bankrupt either without further warning signs.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
Walsoraj

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Ultranode

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 02:37:39 PM

Unicredit (or its subsidiaries) are as far from going belly up as most other big European banks, in other words: not very likely to do so in the near future.

BWHAHAHAHA LOLMFAO AHAHAHA. omg. lol.

Thanks for that.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 03:51:39 PM

dead carcasses build up gasses inside and have been known to explode.

regarding bank collapse, this ^

We all know what it looks like when a bunch of bankers are swarming around a dead whale of a banking system, flapping it's fins and tails, picking up it's head from it's bottom jaw and imitating whalesong noises. I guess not all people can see it for what it is.

Vires in numeris
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 04:08:13 PM

The tl;dr of the tl;dr: Unicredit is by all reasonable measures not "being just an inch from being bankrupt". They're in trouble, like several other big European banks, but unless you expect the EU banking system  to collapse entirely over night (hint: it won't), I don't see Unicredit go bankrupt either without further warning signs.

1. Banks these days are nearly always collapse overnight, or more accurately over weekend.

2. Do you treat those "stress tests" and credit ratings as a reliable indicator of bank stability? If so I might have a few bridges and some vintage shares of AIG and some AAA rated CDO's to sell... lol

There's nothing I need to add to my original post, since you didn't actually contradict anything I wrote (or linked to), but just spread a bit of snark around. Not that I mind that, but let's call a spade a spade.

Like with many predictions on here, time will tell. Just do me the favor to stand behind your claims of today if, say, within 2 years from now Slovenia banking hasn't gone full retard (by which I mean: haircut on all deposits, independent of which bank they're in). Same for me, of course, in case they do :)

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
phoenix1

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 03:07:18 AM

Ahh bitstamp that perfect arena for bitcoin trading backed by the rock solid Slovenian banking industry.

Comparing to Japan banking industry it is more reliable atm.  Wink

Let's hope not.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/28/slovenia-banks-idUSL6N0GR2B220130828

Exactly. Slovenia is Cyprus 2.0 in the making and it can implode at any moment. Be especially worried during weekends and even more so during long weekends.

LMAO
Keep spreading the fear ...
ooh ... Monday now .. what next ... ?

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"  - Confucius (China 551BC-479 BC)
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 06:02:03 AM

I am from Slovenia.
Unicredit bank has a good reputation here and there are much worse banks as NLB, NKBM, Abanka...

If you are affraid what should happen with your money, I have advice: BUY BITCOINS or spend your money.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: