Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:39:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook is banning all ads promoting cryptocurrencies!  (Read 368 times)
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:16:16 AM

Bounty programs launching is bitcointalk, discord, telegram, youtube, twitter, slack ... and facebook.

Indeed, Facebook is just one channel. Though it has a huge impact still on advertising and creating awareness to billions of people, I hope that this will be reconsidered and just put some contingency in blocking all the scammers alone.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
audrey12

Activity: 210
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:38:29 AM

Facebook is banning all ads promoting bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, including ICO.
Please see more details here Facebook is banning all ads promoting cryptocurrencies — including bitcoin and ICOs

How this will affect ICOs, Bounty programs and entire cryptocurrency market?

Well I think this will greatly affects the popularity of a crypto and even ICOs since facebook is consider to be one of the best way to promotes them. Doing signature campaigns alone does not guarantee that the project will become successful this one reason why social media is needed for advertisement. But somehow what happen to facebook will be a way to prevent promotions of ponzi sites that mislead many people from learning cryptos.
Thadeous (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:39:46 AM

Here is this Facebook news post - New Ads Policy: Improving Integrity and Security of Financial Product and Services Ads
What I find interesting: "That said, there are many companies who are advertising binary options, ICOs and cryptocurrencies that are not currently operating in good faith."  
"good faith" - is a definitely serious reason...
Lyne01

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:45:07 AM

Facebook is banning all ads promoting bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, including ICO.
Please see more details here Facebook is banning all ads promoting cryptocurrencies — including bitcoin and ICOs

This is the start of total control of Bitcoin. Sooner or later, even twitter will follow and other blogging sites. They will regulate the usage and transaction in bitcoin. I am afraid even if block chains and other platforms will be banned. This is a totally crazy move of Facebook. There are millions of Facebook users and it is a good way of advertising ICOs and their products. Surely, bounties will stop Facebook campaign. It will be sad days for the newbies.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  Twitter ✰ Telegram ✰ Whitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets  END OCT12th,2018
██████████████████  Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token ██████████████████
deniskiely

Activity: 130

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:01:12 AM

That is a good news in my pont of view , Scam ICO just need to invest to create a website then put ads on facebook and scam people !
Thadeous (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:23:23 PM

That is a good news in my pont of view , Scam ICO just need to invest to create a website then put ads on facebook and scam people !

Mate, do you really believe that scam appears only in ICO promotions? Wake up.
If Facebook seriously decided to fight the scam, they will have to remove at least 15-20% of all ads and promotions!
Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:32:01 PM

If the facebook banning all the ads about the promoting of Cryptocurrency , this will be have a big affection. The facebook are one of the biggest social media and many users that can be found here, so if have many user here there are more people active in this site. The facebook are very important to afs because the facebook has many users
nthnode404

Activity: 126

Everything I say is in My Opinion Only!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:56:44 PM

Maybe Facebook itself should be banned? It's just a social site that allows people to give up their privacy in the name of "fun". Of course, the narcissistic people like it to show off on, so there's that. Hopefully it will just go away on its own.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
paolma

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:00:30 PM

Facebook should ban all ads, its driving me nuts just like the cute kitty, doge etc. videos.
GR92

Activity: 126
Merit: 90

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:41:00 PM

World goverment starts war against cryptoworld! Grin
South Korea,China,Facebook who the next?)
Tankdestroyer

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:50:13 PM

It will not affect ICO's not even one bit but for bounty programs, social media campaigns would only be available to Twitter since Facebook will also ban those promotions on Facebook. Nevertheless, it is only one channel to promote ICO's anyway and here is nothing to worry about. It will also not affect cryptocurrencies as a whole. There are many more sites that have cryptocurrency related adds in them.
Kavallo

Activity: 395
Merit: 129

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:54:50 PM

This fact has been exploited to create negative hype to tank the price of BTC today. I am starting to suspect that this cluster of "bad news" about Bitcoin which is flooding MSM lately could be just a wall street manipulation of the markets trying to tank the price so that they can buy cheap coins.
Thadeous (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:05:59 PM

This fact has been exploited to create negative hype to tank the price of BTC today. I am starting to suspect that this cluster of "bad news" about Bitcoin which is flooding MSM lately could be just a wall street manipulation of the markets trying to tank the price so that they can buy cheap coins.

This ban is definitely part of negative hype. Not sure who creates it, but ICO ads appear on Facebook for over a year, but they decided to react now, when Crypto world is literally attacked by "bad news". It looks very suspicious.
hieu81

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:27:16 PM

Thank your info! In somes day! I can not post about ICOs and bounty link crypto on Facebook!
peach56

Activity: 167
Merit: 59

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:43:38 PM

Very interesting news today i must admit.. my view is that FB will create a whitelist to take on real non-scam ICO's ... they will realise the huge amount of money that is indeed involved with advertising for ICO"s . I would imagine the larger more stable exchanges and advisories will be first back up on FB in a few months

arakuns

Activity: 223

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:16:51 AM

This is going to be a serious issue especially for bounty hunters who are into Facebook Campaign and also new projects that needs massive publicity. Anyways the good thing is that there are other social media platforms that could be explored for upcoming ICOs.
Koobtcgal

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

Acewins.io

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 11:12:33 PM

Bounty programs launching is bitcointalk, discord, telegram, youtube, twitter, slack ... and facebook.
Facebook just one channel

Banning adds has nothing to do with campaigns I guess. Because bounties require to write about their project or share their posts and not necessarily putting ads on facebook. maybe I didn't see that part which said no posting of crypto related topics on fb though

CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:16:47 PM

I am curious, are they banning only the paid ads or they are banning users who share posts about cryptocurrencies as well? I see that facebook bounty campaigns keep running, so it should be the former.
cakmabokgot

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:22:46 PM

I agree with the others. Facebook is just another platform. And some ICO's are huge scam. I think it will be good for people who are not so into cryptocurrencies.
However it created a FUD for the crypto world too.. Actually anything can create FUD for cyptocurrency world. Soon people will be more aware of this platform
Ryanpogi

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:24:53 PM

They are so slowly that they have lost their currency, but it's just that the bitcoin is going to lose even facebook is banning. what's the reason why this happened? this may be a concern. thank you.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: