Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 08:31:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook is banning all ads that promote cryptocurrencies  (Read 389 times)
brelok777

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

Decentralizing Wealth Building Investment Opportu

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:25:52 PM

This prohibition applies to Facebook's targeting ads. In your tape, no one forbids you to write advertising posts. Although over time it's possible to take over and personal tapes.

Lumining

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:27:44 PM

I'm very happy that they took this step. There's not one serious crypto add that I saw on Facebook! The "good" COINS AND ico's don't need to run a apid campaign on Facebook, only shitcoins were advertising on FB and Instagram trying to make idiots throw their money away.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
justaminute

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:32:29 PM

I think this is the right decision. A lot of spam in the FB and multi-accounts that take part in bounty campaigns. The next step is to make Twitter. Moreover, campaigns in social networks are ineffective for the promotion of projects.
Alisa_Krab

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:34:22 PM

Facebook had banned me every time for nothing! I was trying to register 4-5 times. I did nothing on page but after 1-2 hours I had been getting ban. So I am not surprise that FB are doing it now Undecided Roll Eyes
beetlejam

Activity: 226

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:45:46 PM

Can't believe they did this as they are losing easy money on this especially with the amount of cash that ICO's are throwing in marketing.

I think that it is their loss and they are only doing this for PR.
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:50:16 PM

On the one hand, this ban is good becausethere will be will less spam any garbage in  social networks but it would be better to forbid the advertising of cigarettes. I think this  situation will weaken marketing to many projects.
Tipestry

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 05:50:34 PM

When they mentioned looking in to crypto earlier this month, this is not what most people were expecting.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-04/mark-zuckerberg-says-facebook-to-look-into-cryptocurrency

Maybe the ban is a way to make more room for whatever they have planned.
Benarand

Activity: 773

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:51:59 PM

This means that no advertiser, including legal companies, will be able to advertise bitcoins and other crypto-currencies, offers to purchase tokens within ICO or binary options. Facebook calls them financial products and services that are used to mislead users or fraud. The ban applies to the social network, Instagram service and the Audience Network advertising platform. We want users to be able to learn about new products and services from advertising on Facebook, without fear of fraud or deception. Nevertheless, there are many unscrupulous companies advertising binary options, ICO and crypto-currencies. 

Rob Leuven
Director of Product Management at Facebook
goodvibes05

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:58:58 PM

If this is true, I think this is really a serious matter for ICOs who uses facebook for their promotional campaign. If facebook wants to ban crypto ads, then who comes next? Twitter, instagram?  If these happens,  ICOs and all their supporters, including people in this forum will be  affected also.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Synaesthesia

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:59:54 PM

I think this is a good way to reduce scam projects. They will ban auto advertises, but with the good facebook campaigns, they wont ban you. you still can work for bounty campaigns.
NadiaHel

Activity: 336
Merit: 203

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:00:58 PM

Facebook is banning all ads that promote cryptocurrencies, including bitcoin, in an effort to prevent people from advertising what the company is calling “financial products and services frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices.”

That means no advertiser — even those that operate legal, legitimate businesses — will be able to promote things like bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, initial coin offerings — ICOs for short — or binary options, according to a Facebook blog post.

https://www.recode.net/2018/1/30/16950926/facebook-mark-zuckerberg-bans-crypto-advertising-bitcoin-james-altucher

Who knows , maybe in short time Facebook will be promoting it´s own crytocurrencie, I will be not sorpresed at all if it happends.
Rexxxem

Activity: 368

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:02:14 PM

I think that we are talking about the issues and the article on the rights of advertising. The usual works and articles that make the bounty this should not be affected.
kramchers

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:07:59 PM

As what i understand on this, post that are selling or advertising that involves money which may pull people inito investing or may include money and might result into a financial problem, most "some" of an advertisement leads to people and cause them to lose money and some are just scam.
facebook want to prevent things like this, though they are not closing doors with CRYPTOCURRENCIES, which can still be posted like their project development, convention, and some important updates which have no money involve or investments.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2114
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:11:21 PM

It is interesting, I am waiting to see the reaction of Twitter and Youtube to this ICO market, they are looking to protect their users from all these scam ICOs and Ponzi schemes who hide under the guise of blockchain platform

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
paulus51

Activity: 616
Merit: 321

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:17:54 PM

Mark Zuckerberg did not get into the trend. I think that this is a fake, or he will change his mind after a while. Can not Facebook go against the current
shaadsufi

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:30:27 PM

I don't think that biggest purpose of the investment is being fulfilled by the hype these coins create on social media but rather on the fact that all of these coins are the promotion of new ways of applying blockchain technology. If people are not aware of the updates on blockchain then these new techs will not be used.
rockybar

Activity: 224
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:43:46 PM

rightnow im still posting and share some stuffs about bitcoin on facebook and i dont have any problems yet. i think the only problem sometimes is scamming. that why facebook telling crypto user's that cryptocurrency is banned.
skelethon

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 12:45:37 PM

Does anyone know if this will also affect Facebook bounty post shares?

I imagine they'll be closed down soon enough as well.
Renu kapoor

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 07:52:34 AM

Facebook ban the wrong advertisements of cryptocurrencies only due to bad things should be avoided on face book, business adds are still there only scams are banned, and I think this is not wrong advertisement of healthy stuff should not be ban and so it is continue, promotion of any worst thing should be ban.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
crestella

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:58:37 AM

Is not yesterday this problem has been resolved, continue to why there are still facebook news banned all ads cryptocurrency. Is this just to make people panic or to lower prices on the market alone?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: