Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:47:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When was the first time you heard about Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency?  (Read 280 times)
plentix (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 03:28:52 AM

How does it changed your life since then?

Plentix –Revolutionizing the referral economy!
Bounty campaign is now LIVE, Join here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2895436.0
Official ANN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3209152
imthewalrus

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:04:04 AM

April 2017. Been developing crypto related projects since then.
orphencali

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:26:38 PM

Last year, through my friend.
Chubbytex

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:24:01 PM

The very first time i heard of bitcoin and crypto currencies was in 2014 in my University. I got interested in it and since then, i have been investing in Bitcoin and many other crypto currencies . MAY God bless my friend that thought me about Bitcoin.
LeviTheFrog

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

The truth is out there.

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 08:09:45 AM

It is difficult to tell when my first contact was, but I started getting personally involved in projects since about June 2017.
CurrencyMaster

Activity: 93
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 08:36:23 AM

since 2015 i am hearing and in connected with bitcoins

█ █   TIPPER   |   THE SOCIAL ECONOMY   █ █
█████████     ICO LIVE NOW     █████████
━━━━━   WWW.TIPPERECONOMY.IO   ━━━━━
baconlike

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:48:12 AM

I heard about bitcoin about 1 year ago, but I'm not interested in bitcoin. Because I was making money on youtube. About 1 month back I began to penetrate the bitcoin market. and I am earning money, investing in ICO projects. Hope everyone will make a profit from bitcoin.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
orphendwight

Activity: 73

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:56:49 PM

Facebook.
tepakpak

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:45:00 PM

I heard a few months ago from the news, and I immediately searched because I was interested in the income earned and I know that in the bitcoin forum there is a lot of knowledge that I get.
Brunoaoi007

Activity: 156

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:55:16 AM

I heard a few month ago from news, and my friend tell me
cedrixperez

Activity: 149

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:04:56 AM

Way back 2014 i heard about bitcoins and i saw advertisements about bitcoins on social medias. But like others i ignore it i never expect that today bitcoins have a high value. Now i work hard to earn bitcoin. Well if i invest way back 2014 maybe i am one of the successful persons who invest to bitcoin.
Omelette Du

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:16:04 AM

December 2015 was the first time!

Life has changed way better since then Cheesy
KilderSauce

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:22:24 AM

Recently. Too late too Sad
southafricadude

Activity: 141
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 05:58:44 PM

I heard about it in June 2011, and bought some bitcoin shortly after to test it out. It was pretty difficult to get hold of where I am based (South Africa) so it took me about a week to get my first bitcoin. I think the price had just dumped from around $30 to something in the single digits. I managed to get a couple for around $11 at the time.
Since then, I went deep down the rabbit hole, and it has changed my life completely.

The biggest change I think is that I measure any spending I need to do, in the amount of bitcoin I could get instead with that money.
This has turned me from someone who had lots debt and who was always getting the latest cool gadgets, to someone who has no debt, and who is really tight fisted about spending.
I really only like to spend government money on a few things now, which are bitcoin, traveling, going out to eat at a restaurant on a Sunday, and things that might be fun experiences like concerts, festivals etc.
I dont like to spend money on junk, or stuff that I will never really use. I sold my car, and almost everything I own, and live very minimal now. My girlfriend at the time is now my wife, and we both are extremely frugal. We count every penny, always look for deals, and make money go really far. We do not waste anything if we can help it. We are not poor, we dont struggle, we just both dont waste money.

Thanks to bitcoin, we have been able to travel to many countries around the world, something which we would never have been able to do in the past, when we were stuck in dead end jobs with low wages. Now I am working in the bitcoin industry, helping others to learn about bitcoin and loving it.

I am always dollar cost averaging and buying bitcoin in small amounts as a way to save money for the future. I have more faith in bitcoin long term than I have in the banking system and the local currency in South Africa. Although I heard about bitcoin early, I didnt have money to buy tons of it back then, so looking back I always wish I knew then what the price would be today. However, I do believe that it does not matter, and in 10 years time, anyone just getting into bitcoin now will be thinking the same thing about the price of bitcoin today. I am just very happy that I have been able to keep up with regularly buying small amounts of bitcoin to grow my holding stash. I suggest others give it a try if you dont have large amounts of money available to buy bitcoin....just keep adding small amounts to your stash.

Website:Bitcoin South Africa - Twitter: @bitcoinzar - Facebook: @bitcoinzar
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 06:29:03 PM

How does it changed your life since then?

I think that first time I heard about bitcoin 8-7 years ago.
I didn't think it's serious and gave up.
Later, when I heard from friend how much money he made with bitcoin I checked it again and finally joined 6-7 years ago.
I see now bitcoin as great second income and eventually replacement for my primary income from work.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
LazarevOnlyOne

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 10:21:59 PM

December 2017. My friends offered me a job as a support agent and started teaching me everything. Then I first heard about cryptocurrency as a whole and immediately started working.
cryptjh

Activity: 532
Merit: 187

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 10:37:15 PM

I think it was back in 2011 or 2012 I remember trying to find out how to buy some bitcoins, but it all seems too difficult, so I gave up, and it took me many years before I finally in 2017 started to buy bitcoins, so bitcoins haven't really changed anything for me.
I use a lot of time to learn new things about crypto now.
Beliager

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 12:37:18 AM

The first time I heard in 2013. I came across an article on the Internet about how this should work. More detail the last 3 years.
camW00dS

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 12:18:49 PM

About two years ago when I came from playing computer games to betting on pro eSports teams on csgobettingz and really needed to choose where to withdraw and keep my money. My friend, who has already been working somewhere in crypto industry, insisted on using btc with no alternatives, and I'm thankful to him, because it let me multiply my earnings and enjoy my life since
Daveprofile

Activity: 2086

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 12:42:48 PM

In the year 2007. I was browsing on a video game site coolromcom and I saw donate with Bitcoin. Well the games were free to download and browsing time was limited and expensive so I had to prioritize. I just wish i stopped by and bought up 5000 BTC.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: